JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They don't enforce traffic laws at all in PDx anymore so people just do whatever they want. This guy almost ran into me and I thought he was gonna get out and pull something. Better believe I had a gun in my lap with safety off in case that guy pulled anything. Prick ran the red light and tried to turn into my lane from a non turn lane (from my left and oncoming traffic lane). This place sucks. Be prepared if driving in Portland.

Last Edited:
Sadly we are seeing a LOT more of this up here too since there is no such thing as driving law. A lot more people just do whatever they please. Seeing a LOT of people now just take the tags off their cars since they can not be stopped. Voters again getting what they asked for, hope they enjoy the increasing insurance rates they asked for. 🤬

Not condoning what the asshat did as it was clearly illegal, but your driving could use some help too. Your right turn should have been into the right-hand lane with a proper lane change to the left lane and another to the left-turn lane AFTER the double-yellow line. Cutting across the two main lanes and into the double-yellow area before the turn lane is also representative of Portland driving!!

Not condoning what the asshat did as it was clearly illegal, but your driving could use some help too. Your right turn should have been into the right-hand lane with a proper lane change to the left lane and another to the left-turn lane AFTER the double-yellow line. Cutting across the two main lanes and into the double-yellow area before the turn lane is also representative of Portland driving!!
Yes what you say is legally correct but not the way to drive here. If you go slowly and go lane by lane in a lot of places you will be blocked by people charging into the left lane and then have to stop to wait for traffic to clear to get into the left lane with people honking at you to move the whole time. It's not reality for driving here but what you say would be the right way to do it in a a rural area or area where people don't drive as aggressively as here.

He was in the single right turn only lane directed by a light.

Why did SUV Man open his door?

To follow up on Certaindeaf, it was reasonable to expect the SUV not to be turning right, because he was in a straight-or-left-turn-only lane at the red stop light.

Obviously, he is the most important person in the world, and voted for Sarah Innarone because Wheeler was not stupid enough.

Why did SUV Man open his door?
To yell at me. I honked my horn when he almost hit me and of course he's mad at me for honking at him for him running red light, taking an illegal turn and trying to push me out of my lane from the oncoming traffic lane. :rolleyes:

If he had got out and confronted me armed this could have been a different story. Once he opened his door, safety on my gun came off (gun in my lap out of sight) cuz you simply don't know what a person like that will do, especially here where drugs can be involved very often.

I was actually thinking about trajectory through windshield and how many shots to make a hole, those kind of things you think about to prepare if needed. I remembered to keep ego in check, say nothing until needed, and not escalate. But one has to calmly be prepared for the worst "if the red flag flies" as Col. Cooper would say.

I would encourage anyone driving in Portland to be able to put gun into action quickly if needed. Have witnessed 3 armed (knife) car jackings here all of which happened really fast. And now it's worse with unpredictability of drugs.

Last Edited:
To yell at me. I honked my horn when he almost hit me and of course he's mad at me for honking at him for him running red light, taking an illegal turn and trying to push me out of my lane from the oncoming traffic lane. :rolleyes:
I know its easy said than done but, when dealing with kooks like this best to try to just give them a wide berth. There are a LOT of people driving around "impaired" right now. A lot of them will attack anyone who dares to not just ignore them. Also why dash cams are a must have. When one of these morons crashes they will ALWAY'S jump in with lying saying they did nothing wrong. Great to have it on tape when the law shows up.

1680194201961.png

Aloha, Mark

I'm not sure why you need to tell us you were ready to shoot the guy. Almost sounds like you wanted to with how much detail you go into about having the gun in your lap with safety off.

I'm not sure why you need to tell us you were ready to shoot the guy. Almost sounds like you wanted to with how much detail you go into about having the gun in your lap with safety off.
NO you are completely wrong on that. There is a HUGE difference in being prepared for an unknown situation and looking for a fight. Reference above my statements about keeping ego in check/not engaging in road rage, not escalating via voice or actions, also not showing gun in any way. If he came out pointing a gun for example after he opened the door, then seconds count.

Last Edited:
NO you are completely wrong on that. There is a HUGE difference in being prepared for an unknown situation and looking for a fight. Reference above my statements about keeping ego in check/not engaging in road rage, not escalating via voice or actions, also not showing gun in any way. If he came out pointing a gun for example after he opened the door, then seconds count.
You do you, boo. Still reads to me like you wish a mutha would

Yes what you say is legally correct but not the way to drive here. If you go slowly and go lane by lane in a lot of places you will be blocked by people charging into the left lane and then have to stop to wait for traffic to clear to get into the left lane with people honking at you to move the whole time. It's not reality for driving here but what you say would be the right way to do it in a a rural area or area where people don't drive as aggressively as here.
^^^ That's correct. I know this intersection WELL. Very well. It's a main entry to 84, East bound at NE 39th ave. There's no other way to do it, and not really enough distance to make a two-lane change with signal.
I very seldom use this entrance route to 84 East because it can be a cluster-flock at any time of day. Wise people don't access 84 East any closer than 60th ave, if they don't have to.

Also, Potland drivers SUCK!

They don't enforce traffic laws at all in PDx anymore so people just do whatever they want. This guy almost ran into me and I thought he was gonna get out and pull something. Better believe I had a gun in my lap with safety off in case that guy pulled anything. Prick ran the red light and tried to turn into my lane from a non turn lane (from my left and oncoming traffic lane). This place sucks. Be prepared if driving in Portland.

What dash cam system is this?

What dash cam system is this?
It's a rear view mirror that goes over existing mirror. Records front and back. Main benefit of it is rear view camera when backing up. Actual video is about 10 times better than that shown because that is a screen recording of my laptop using phone.

One benefit I did not expect is it pretty much eliminates any blind spots. You can see cars beside you to the rear that you couldn't see without a head check before (due to wide angle). Night vision is really good with it (for the g900 model anyway). Prices vary from $115-$185 depending on how much resolution you want. Touchscreen display is kind of nice and probably does other fancy stuff that I never use so don't care about.

Note that we had a wireless one in the past on another vehicle which is much easier to install but it often got interference from other vehicles. When you are driving past a truck Fe with back up mirror all of a sudden their camera is shown on your mirror. Wired ones are much better imo if you don't mind the time to run the wires.

EF4BA4AF-2DD4-4E5B-B07D-EC2B64B02C01.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews