JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
really? I was surprised how much room these two had for their size and they ride pretty good I thought but they do only have 16k miles on them. they are so extremely slow though. 3 cylinder 4 speed.

upload_2019-7-12_10-38-13.png

really tempted to buy another import. helped my buddy pick up some of these little mini trucks couple weeks ago and damn they're cool. would be an awesome little hunting rig. still working on the wife.

View attachment 599569 View attachment 599570
A (sort-of) friend of mine owned a rural bar with grounds in central AZ and had a couple of these little rigs (Dihatsu, Isuzu, IDK exactly) as maintenance vehicles... way more fun to drive than the more traditional golf carts or groundskeeper mules. I was extremely tempted to buy one myself to keep at my hunting cabin.

Then Mrs Yuma, killjoy that she is, reminded me that I didn't have a hunting cabin. And also that the bills were due. And property taxes. And...
She probably said some other stuff after that, I'm not really sure... :oops:

Last Edited:
we use the mules at my work. they suck to be honest and about double the cost of the kei trucks. actually told our foreman about the trucks. were out in the weather a lot and an enclosed cab with a heater would be nice and street legal here in Washington.

we use the mules at my work. they suck to be honest and about double the cost of the kei trucks. actually told our foreman about the trucks. were out in the weather a lot and an enclosed cab with a heater would be nice and street legal here in Washington.
There are a LOT more options now, some pretty bada$$ sxs and 2+2 quads with big hp/tq, closed cabs, towing capacity, etc. Those also come w a pretty hefty price tag.
My (sort-of) friend (and sometime employer) was a big fan of racing and always had parties and events on big race days at the bar.
He had a trailer with custom beer coolers and bench seating for about 20 (lots of black/white vinyl and shiny diamond plate, you get the idea) that he'd take to PIR (Phoenix Int'l Raceway) on race days to cart around drunk sycophants and hangers-on (dude was a minor celebrity). We'd use one of the mini-trucks to drag that thing around... an Isuzu diesel, IIRC. Fully burdened that trailer must've weighed close to 10k lbs and was no problem for the mini. Speeds were kept extremely low, for obvious reasons... killing your customers is bad for business

Last Edited:
Just bought a new rig. It's a hot mess right now, but a decent rust free shell. I'm the second owner, and the first used it as a dump run truck. It literally smells like poo inside.... :( it will be nice once it's done. I love this body style.View attachment 599521
Looks like a clean rig... we (Oregon) are one of the best-kept secrets in the old car game when it comes to rust-free sheet metal. Everybody looks to SoCal and AZ for solid bodies and frames while we sit on a proverbial gold-mine... underneath all that moss is a gem waiting to be discovered for the price of a power-wash.
If that's a 2500 4x4 you super scored.

A (sort-of) friend of mine owned a rural bar with grounds in central AZ and had a couple of these little rigs (Dihatsu, Isuzu, IDK exactly) as maintenance vehicles... way more fun to drive than the more traditional golf carts or groundskeeper mules. I was extremely tempted to buy one myself to keep at my hunting cabin.

Then Mrs Yuma, killjoy that she is, reminded me that I didn't have a hunting cabin. And also that the bills were due. And property taxes. And...
She probably said some other stuff after that, I'm not really sure... :oops:

Huh, wimmin can be a PITA sometimes, interfering with a man's personal dreams.

Looks like a clean rig... we (Oregon) are one of the best-kept secrets in the old car game when it comes to rust-free sheet metal. Everybody looks to SoCal and AZ for solid bodies and frames while we sit on a proverbial gold-mine... underneath all that moss is a gem waiting to be discovered for the price of a power-wash.
If that's a 2500 4x4 you super scored.

Unfortunately just a 1500, though some Dana 60s and a 5.3 are in the future.

really? I was surprised how much room these two had for their size and they ride pretty good I thought but they do only have 16k miles on them. they are so extremely slow though. 3 cylinder 4 speed.
Yes, really!...however, my experiences are with the vehicles that were sold IN Japan...and in 1976.
Things may have changed in the past 43 years (Good Lord, already? :oops: ) and the American version may feature a larger cab.
I just shudder anymore whenever I see one of those. Barely enough room for my, then, size 9's and my shins were almost up against the glove box (actually, I don't think it had one).
My cousin didn't have a problem being behind the wheel and looked quite comfortable driving it (he drove it a lot, so I think he actually enjoyed driving it), but I just couldn't get the seat back far enough.
The seats also sat on a large hump (possibly the wheel wells), so there wasn't a lot of head room, either.

Dean

Last Edited:
My mid life crisis car. New to me but 1.5 years old. Dream car for me and its amazing. Not so much on my insurance rates. View attachment 599925
About five years ago when I worked at port of portland for Honda motors, we allowed Nissan to off load their cars on our lots.
One night I saw a red and black GTR tucked in the back lot. I went and sat in the red one and started it up. It had 6 miles on it and I wanna say it was a nismo edition.
It was so hard not to take it for a spin lol.... we used to have a lot of street races on Marine Dr. and I wanted to go teach them a lesson so bad lol.

never seen the older 70s ones these are early 90s. love some of their classic cars and trucks over there. pretty unique compared to the rest of the world.
70's trucks were basically the same thing. The one you showed with the round headlights is almost identical to my cousin's old truck, looks-wise.
Even wilder than those little pickups were the 6 wheel Hino tractor-trailer rigs you'd see driving down the highway.
Two wheels driving, but 4 wheels steering.
Must've been a "thing" back then, because shortly after I came back from that trip, the Tyrell open wheel Grand Prix race cars started sported the 4 steering wheels, too.
Then there were the 3-wheeled 1-ton Mazda trucks. Nothing like what came to these shores, these trucks were larger and looked very different.
Most had pickup beds in the back, but some were setup like a van. All were commercial delivery vehicles.
Two wheels driving, ONE wheel steering. Never saw one tip over, too! ( ;) )
No motorized rickshaws. No round little Subaru's, although my brother did have one of those mid-engine Toyota vans that made it over to this country (with conventional drivetrain) about 15 years later.
I remember riding around on my sister-in-law's bicycle and kicking butt on a Yamaha Chappy, too. That was funny. :D

Elvis

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads