JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What neck flaring tool did you purchase?
I made my own from a 9mm case expander due.
IMG_2183.JPG

Wow, guess we're back to the land of no primers, again. Looked everywhere I can think of online, and there are no smalls to be found ( small rifle, small pistol magnum, small pistol, anything that fits in the hole...) nor large pistol.

I bought a bunch of primers last year, thought I might have gone overboard a bit. I was finding them at gun shows here and there for $20/1000. I should have enough to get me through these lean times. Fortunately I'm not a high volume shooter.

I have 5000 small pistol primers should be delivered tomorrow. I am still hunting for more small rifle primers. Mostly I am loading subsonic 9mm at the moment. It just seemed like a good place to start. I was loading but my 8 year old daughter wanted to and is doing it now with supervision.

532315ED-514B-4D25-93FE-41A12661647F.jpeg

Spent a couple of hours doing QA on my .45 acp rounds. Inspect for any defects, and gauge. Got all my boxes full, and still an Inline tray full, so ~ 1400 rounds. Have a bowling pin shoot on Wednesday, so I wanted to make sure I had a few boxes of " match ready" stuff. :D For pin slaying duty, I've got.45 acp rounds with 234.4 grain hand cast slugs, poly coated truncated cone shape for max energy transfer, and loaded a bit hotter than usual for me. 4.7 grains of AA2, the balance line between " enough power" and "too much recoil to shoot it accurately" seems to keep moving in the direction of "more is better" as I get used to handling more powerful rounds.

Found a virgin pound of Clays. I've never used it for shotshells and never will... but it has a 45 recipe on the label... clarified that on Hodgdon Data site, and I'm going to try it out. 50rds await.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top