JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been depriming buckets of .brass and getting it all wet tumbled with the SS pins.

I picked up a dillon 650 and will be getting a Hornady progressive press kit here shortly when they become available again.

Once I get the Hornady set up I will be cranking out the ammo in volume.

When I went tumble the brass I put the bras on my drying racks and hitvthem with the air hose to get 99% of the water off then let them sit out in the sun to dry.
If the weather is overcast I will let them sit outside and then bring them in before dark to finish drying. If I want the brass sooner I will put it in the oven set at 190 hor a half an hour or so.

Ithe drying racks I had made up would hold 2,000 pieces of brass.
This past week I made more drying racks that will hold another 2,000 pieces of brass. It will take a couple of days to get all this brass tumbled & dried.

I will be getting more brass today or tomorrow to proccess.

My new drying racks.

View attachment 732320

Some of my old brass drying racks.
View attachment 732322

The reason I wet tumble, look at the crud that gets removed fron the brass.
Dry tumbleing doesn't compare to wet tumbleing.

View attachment 732325

I like how you simplified the racks by using long box-nails instead of drilling out every hole for dowels. I may steal that idea!

I have been sitting on the couch decapping and sizing MILSURP .308 cases with my Lee hand press....

8C921049-87C6-48D0-AC21-95D215583806.jpeg

I dropped a shell into the couch cushions and I refused to stop until I found it.....

0EC23615-4C04-48F0-ADC2-C8BC1AE4FA5D.jpeg

After all that, I wound up finding it in the front pocket of my T-shirt.... :rolleyes:

;):D

Got started loading my .357 158 Gr. SWC poly coats yesterday.

I really like these ! when being seated they slide into the case very nicely - almost no resistance and when seated a few thou shy of the forward end of the band they cycle nearly flawlessly in my Henry.
IMG_2196[1].JPG

Last Edited:
Got started loading my .357 158 Gr. SWC poly coats yesterday.

I really like these ! when being seated they slide into the case very nicely - almost no resistance and when seated a few thou shy of the forward end of the band they cycle nearly flawlessly in my Henry.
View attachment 738185
That guy needs a wee bit of roll crimp, then it'll be a thing of beauty!

Kinda like these
F1C0C43D-A1B4-452D-87EC-9F74E664DD4A.jpeg

Just loaded these 30-06 with 165 Accubond over H4350.......

XPR 3.jpg

Because it did this the other day with the confirmation loading after running the "ladder". First 3 shots out of a cold barrel on my new Winchester XPR. This was "only" at 77 yards on lane 4 @ Wolf Creek, but would calculate out to .4875" at 100 yds, allegedly.

XPR 4.jpg

I loaded up 100 rds of cowboy loads for a good, the bad, and ugly shoot with my .44 mag Super Blackhawk. 4.5gns of Bullseye with a .44 HSM 240 gn hardcast bullet and a win large pistol primer, equal a 740fps load.

98B03189-3AA3-45B4-89B4-2FB2EA850E0D.jpeg
988D4190-839E-4416-8DF8-60A8E67BFBC5.jpeg
Just put together some 700 grain 500S&W's! The first photo is a 44Mag and a 9mm case for comparison to the bullet. Second pic is 44Mag and a 308! Oops, pics loaded backwards but this is in the reloading section and I hope you all can figure out what is what, LOL

Very happy with some of my ladder test results. @Mikej , thanks for the tip on HS-6. Working up a better load for bowling pins, using my 625-4 in .45ACP. Tried Accurate #2, with 250 grain plated rnfp, W231/HP38 with 230 grain plated hollowpoints, and HS-6 with the same 230 grain plated hollowpoints.

The HS-6 grouped best at 7.1 grains, group is just over 1 3/4" off a plastic MTM rest at 13 yards with iron sights. Average velocity of 813 fps, so it could be a bit faster, but at larger loads, the groups started opening up. Power factor of 187, sd was 7.7. Should be enough to get clean take-offs, and the hollow points help get a bite on the pin.

I'll try to find a load for the 250 grainers with HS-6 or w231, but the next pin match is coming up soon, not a lot of time left to sort that out this time around. The AA2 load on those was more of a "pattern" than a group....

hs6 group.jpg

Nuttin but I did reassemble the Lee Pro 1000 that's been sitting in a box totally disassembled for months...
I'm gonna get with loading 300BLK supers directly...:D

View attachment 737460

I don't normally quote myself when I do it's for good reason. LOL

I had some packages arrive, on from Lee containing a bullet feeder for 40S&W and a case feeder. Also from in-line fabrications, I did screw up on the size of the T-shirt on the order but the JR mount installed fabulously on the Lee Pro1000. I'm ready to rock n roll on some 300BLK this week!!!:)

4E4E0BF4-431F-44C4-B3A0-ADDB726BDA68.jpeg

EC885B42-B9EA-4118-9600-A24979F80CE2.jpeg

My son and I sized 1000 220gr coated bullets for the 300blk's. Hopefully get them slow enough while still cycling my 8.5" AR, the bolt gun is silly quiet with the can on too!

No reloading today but I had to custom grind a bit to fit the cylinder release latch 'thumbpiece nut' for my Smith & Wesson Mod 66.

It loosens up when shooting it and I almost lost it recently.

A good, snug fitting bit allowed me to tighten it up much more effectively and hopefully it won't loosen up again !

No reloading today but I had to custom grind a bit to fit the cylinder release latch 'thumbpiece nut' for my Smith & Wesson Mod 66.

It loosens up when shooting it and I almost lost it recently.

A good, snug fitting bit allowed me to tighten it up much more effectively and hopefully it won't loosen up again !
Those weird short aluminum and steel S&W screwdrivers work awesome.. you gotta watch all them screws.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top