JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I loaded up a bunch of 38spl, 357mag, 44spl and 44mag over the past few days for todays shoot up in Darrington.
I will get it all reloaded again for next weekend. I need to load up a bunch.of 223 for my grandson to shoot now he is shooting a AR. He sure can go through the ammunition.

20190406_124000.jpg

Ten days ago a friend and I loaded up 1100 rounds of .223
Since then it's been slow, but I managed to get a few ready to shoot today.
I had two partial boxes of HDY XTP bullets and loaded some 90 grain into .380acp, and 110grain into .38 special.
Did the .38's on the single stage & had a good time :s0073:

Finally decided to break out my 90gr Sierra Matchkings for the .224 Valkyrie and venture into uncharted waters. Did a lot of exploring with the .224 69gr pills so feeling like it's time to look to the horizon. I'm excited about sending these down range.

IMG-0938.jpg

IMG-0940.jpg

Well, our first ever revolver match is in the books … it was a very fun day. Perfect weather and a very gracious range. We had no misses and no DQ's! (We won't talk about the time penalties for wide hits and overall scores though!)

So yesterday evening I decapped all the .38 Special we shot (about 450 rounds between us) along with another 400 or so waiting to be worked on. Then into the wet tumbler. Dried overnight and this morning resized and belled. They are now ready to load up for the next match (we are hooked). Perhaps that will actually happen today as I have about 500 bullets left from a bag of 1000. You can't have an open bag of bullets lying around, they might spill or something … right?
Where was the match ? I used to live up that way, former Wolverton gc board member.

Where was the match ? I used to live up that way, former Wolverton gc board member.
It was the ICORE match at Wolverton, put on by Greg Ostrander. It was the first time to the range. It's a nice little facility with even nicer people! My boys and I are hooked on ICORE and we will be trying a Speed Challenge there soon.

Sized / decapped another 2500 .223 last night and and will work them through the tumbler this evening.

Man I wish I had a progressive!!!

At least the .223 doesn't need swaging.

Last Edited:
Baked up my first run of home rolled 223 tonight.

Put together 100 rounds of 223 with some Vihtavuori N140 I recently acquired and topped with 77gr Sierra Matchking HPBT projectiles. Seated the SMK's for a 2.25 COL with 25 each at 21.5gr, 21.7gr, 22.0gr and 22.3gr of the N140.

Now............ to crimp, or not to crimp, that is the question.

A-IMG-1069.jpg

What 9 mm bullets and powder charge are you cranking? Have you used these bullets before?
I tried some coated 9mm bullets and the jackets are so thin they shaved off seating some of the bullets.o_O
Missed this post.

I use the following depending on who has the best prices per bullet.

Acme Bullets
Eggleston Bullets
Blue Bullets

All are plastic coated.

The best are probably a toss between Acme and Blue. Eggleston has a thinner coating but can be less expensive at times.

The key is using your expanding die correctly. This is crucial in ensuring that you don't strip any of the coating as you seat.

I've been through 10s of thousands of these types of bullets thus far and have had great results.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top