JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Loaded 1000 9mm as it's not available for decent prices anymore. I always load more expensive calibers until the panic starts. I'll finish the other 4000 over the weekend. It's really nice having a friend who has a Dillon 650 with all the feeders. Any time he swaps calibers he calls me to see if I need to use it. My RCBS, Redding, and Lee's are collecting dust, LOL

How about a reloading stand, or "Third Hand". Got this idea after my first trip to the range.
Not finished yet...maybe a few holes to hold the cleaning rod, worm, ram rod, etc. :rolleyes:

Pistol Stand-1.jpg Pistol Stand-2.jpg

Loaded 1000 9mm as it's not available for decent prices anymore. I always load more expensive calibers until the panic starts. I'll finish the other 4000 over the weekend. It's really nice having a friend who has a Dillon 650 with all the feeders. Any time he swaps calibers he calls me to see if I need to use it. My RCBS, Redding, and Lee's are collecting dust, LOL
Mine collect dust too. But when I use em I dust em off first. Slow loading is better than no loading at all. Also I am back to casting my own handgun bullets. I have about 400 lbs of lead, and 150 or so of zinc. Dropped a truck wheel weight into 800 degree lead/ zinc mix and it wouldn't melt. Not sure what it was made of, but it went into the recycle can. Anyway I get sidetracked. Still have 3,000 plus .223, 2,000 45 ACP, 6,000 9 mm. 100 308,s , 500 30-06. 200

How about a reloading stand, or "Third Hand". Got this idea after my first trip to the range.
Not finished yet...maybe a few holes to hold the cleaning rod, worm, ram rod, etc. :rolleyes:

View attachment 671850View attachment 671851
Looks nice. I would be afraid of damaging it in transport to or from range. Another thought would be to use 2 moving pad/ blankets. Sew them together and sew pockets for the rifles. Six or eight rifles rolled into a padded bundle. Should work well.

The stand is just for loading while shooting from the bench. That round butt on the pistol slides all over the place while you're trying to load it. It's not too obvious in the picture, but the butt of the pistol sits down in a cut out, so it wont move around. :)

Mine collect dust too. But when I use em I dust em off first. Slow loading is better than no loading at all. Also I am back to casting my own handgun bullets. I have about 400 lbs of lead, and 150 or so of zinc. Dropped a truck wheel weight into 800 degree lead/ zinc mix and it wouldn't melt. Not sure what it was made of, but it went into the recycle can. Anyway I get sidetracked. Still have 3,000 plus .223, 2,000 45 ACP, 6,000 9 mm. 100 308,s , 500 30-06. 200

I'm considering getting the casting stuff back out. I still have about 1200-1300 lbs of lead from my my stockpiling years back. Now, primers and such..........

Have you recently used a micrometer to see if they are warn out?
Actually I check the diameter of the sized rounds just as a precaution every few thousand rounds [ my quality control , Overall length, case legnth and sized diameter] and they are with in the specs of Factory rounds and specs in the manual. My son and I just shot through 300 of my 40 S&W reloads Wednsday,, they ran flawless.

Last Edited:
I installed my new carbide cutter on my Frankford Armory case prep center. Trimmed .308 brass. Each was gauged and chamfered in/ out Also deburred the flash hole. Only cleaned the primer pockets since they were only fired once previously. I do have a primer pocket uniformer and go/o go gauges as well. Time to get my AR -10 barrel broke in and some loads tested.

The 650 Dillon does warp speed compared to my 550.

Loaded up 1000 9mm Covid-19 killers
9X-Covid19.jpg
124gr FMJ
Auto-Vaccinators
Hermetically Sealed

For possible barter down the road.
Polished and boxed

Last Edited:
I didn't reload anything today besides magazines! But if my grandson doesn't slow down with the 243 I see myself loading some of that soon.

I had all afternoon to clean up and work in the shop - it was great!
Cleaned & lubed both presses, along with the powder drop on the Dillon 550.
Prepped 200 .40sw | 500 .223 | Deprimed 200 .45acp spp brass
Loaded 150 357sig

Put together (20) 38-special rounds today. 125 GR lead flat point Bullets.

Had to scour the net for a load using bullseye. None of my manuals listed a lead 125gr bullet with that powder.

Wound up going with 3.0gr bullseye to start. I really just wanted a powder puff load to practice with a snub nosed 38 SPCL.

I've got 1,000 bullets for this. I've also got 1,000 plated 125gr pills to play with after I get the lead ones figured out.

Loaded 20 .308 Win. Cases yesterday for a ladder test with 125 gr Speer TNT and Alliant Reloder 10x. Then loaded up 100 mild 5.56 cases with Hornady 62 gr BTHP and 24.8 gr of Ramshot TAC.
Then got a Facebook notice that my gun club was closing our range due to covid-19 shelter in place orders from the country's worst (or next to worst if you live in Oregon ;)) governor. While I understand the importance of not spreading the virus, I was really looking forward to some range time tomorrow. I am running out of boxes and room for loaded ammo!

Put together (20) 38-special rounds today. 125 GR lead flat point Bullets.

Had to scour the net for a load using bullseye. None of my manuals listed a lead 125gr bullet with that powder.

Wound up going with 3.0gr bullseye to start. I really just wanted a powder puff load to practice with a snub nosed 38 SPCL.

I've got 1,000 bullets for this. I've also got 1,000 plated 125gr pills to play with after I get the lead ones figured out.
I've got a ton of tested .38 data with 125 pills both plated and cast brother. Fell free to pm me any time for extra reference. It's all by the book stuff there's just a ton of it it's my favorite cartridge to dink around with because it's so versatile and there's so many options.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top