JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm still a newb working the starter Lee anniversary single press. At these times I'm grateful for the quick trim die option. Never did get a classic trimmer….. it was hard for me to find a cutting head big enough for .500. So I purchased case specific. Maybe more $$ in the end but these are fast.

2146CBCD-0A9F-4C7B-A79F-AC4D10B9A67B.jpeg

With only me allowed to shoot my Ruger Super Redhawk .357 Mag revolver, 500 rounds lasts me quite a while, but today I prepped the next couple of hundred of my original 1000 nickel cases.

Time was I used to shoot between three and five hundred a week - EVERY week, and around 700 at a weekend of comps, but those days are long gone now.

I find that's one of the saddest features of what already a whole swathe of ludicrous firearms laws in this place - ALL my fellow shooters can watch me having fun with my revolver, but it is illegal to let them shoot it, and they will be committing a serious offence by doing so. Only the named person on the Firearms Certificate (FAC) can shoot it.

Quite how people who are already holders of a UK FAC in their own right, some of them with MANY guns in their ownership, are going to pose a threat to the Queen's Peace, I'm not entirely certain. No, make that, 'I haven't a clue'.
Shouldn't that be the king's peace now @tac?

Finished some.308 loads in a ladder.
Prepping 22-250 brass…. It's getting worn had a few split necks. I come across new Sig brass often enough in store. gonna stop getting tricky with bullet weight on these and stick to 55grn and a few 36grn for the fun numbers on the crony.
Anyway…
How do y'all go about large numbers of brass lubing? I'm using a ziplock and pump spray case lube. I like the smell too. I'm trying to keep it lite and still cue tip the inside.

View attachment 1347974
I use that lanolin/heat concoction for lube. I mainly prep 556 or 300 blackout cases 500 minimum at a time.
I arrange them in a small bucket with case mouths up then spray across the mouths, turn the bucket 1/4 turn spray again repeat four times.

Then I carefully flip the bucket upside down and spray them 2-3 squirts while moving them around to insure uniform coverage. Let them sit for minimum of 10 minutes to let the alcohol evaporate.

BCA76570-7971-482B-9224-4F554BE7B9B1.jpeg E2B27235-C3A9-4CB7-9865-C5BB53579B47.jpeg D51F3390-0739-4F40-943E-73C80BE304DC.jpeg D943673F-F3C3-4846-B2E8-378E842CFD19.jpeg

Last Edited:
I'm still a newb working the starter Lee anniversary single press. At these times I'm grateful for the quick trim die option. Never did get a classic trimmer….. it was hard for me to find a cutting head big enough for .500. So I purchased case specific. Maybe more $$ in the end but these are fast.

View attachment 1349015
We all started somewhere but there are a few here that claim they were born with a Dillon 1050 in the same delivery room. Lol

Well it was the Queen's everything for my entire life up until now you can be forgiven haha
I was her soldier from 1964 to 2000.

I was once asked by a guy who was at that time a Sergeant Major in your 7th Cavalry, while I was Major, instructing him on certain matters, if I ever felt like a 'lesser' person because I'd sworn an oath of allegiance to an actual person, rather than an ideal or a country.

Nope, I resplone, because she was the embodiment of all that.

I was her soldier from 1964 to 2000.

I was once asked by a guy who was at that time a Sergeant Major in your 7th Cavalry, while I was Major, instructing him on certain matters, if I ever felt like a 'lesser' person because I'd sworn an oath of allegiance to an actual person, rather than an ideal or a country.

Nope, I resplone, because she was the embodiment of all that.
I thought she was a very classy lady. Very smart. The whole royalty thing not withstanding, I just thought she was a pretty good human being. One doesn't often see many people with that kind of money and privilege being that humble.

Last Edited:
I was curious if SPP's would work with my 300blackout loads using 2400. Worked up to .5 from max charge with 110 sierra varmentor's with no issue. I suspected 2400 didn't like the hot primer causing a pressure spike. I'll have to try again with warmer temperatures.

I've been sitting at the loading bench a few times this week doing a little here, little there making some 9mm plinking ammo. It all ads up. 400 ready to go.

View attachment 1349551
The weather's been haywire here in Northern Nevada. We worked hard right up till Christmas and after that I haven't worked a day since. I got all my extra chores taken care of and I'm finally getting to finish off that run of 9 mm that I've been working on since September. I've been doing a lot of testing so it's been slowing me down. I should have the rest of the run finished off tomorrow, which will net about 2000 rounds for storage after testing 😁

The weather's been haywire here in Northern Nevada. We worked hard right up till Christmas and after that I haven't worked a day since. I got all my extra chores taken care of and I'm finally getting to finish off that run of 9 mm that I've been working on since September. I've been doing a lot of testing so it's been slowing me down. I should have the rest of the run finished off tomorrow, which will net about 2000 rounds for storage after testing 😁
Its a great feeling filling up the ammo supply isn't it? :D

Oh and back to work slacker… :s0143::s0143::s0143::s0140:

I loaded 49 (I dropped a primer and it hit my knee and flew into the I don't know where) 480 Ruger cases with 410gr WFN bullets, Federal Large Pistol Match Magnum Primers and 20.0 grs of Accurate FS11 powder. According to the data they should be around 1200 FPS. I'll try to get to the range sometime next week and bring the chronograph along.

Been a fun couple of days! I finally got around to changing calibers on my Dillon Square Deal from 9mm to 357. Built 500 357 Magnum with only one slight error during set up. I adjusted the seating due too far and pressed the first bullet too deep. That led to another first and I got to play with my new bullet puller 👍 Not a fun tool but cool to save the components 😎 I even managed to break down some old unknown 44Mag I'd been given years ago. Definitely a learning curve to the whack a mole but it's kind of satisfying to save the gear! Today I also adjusted the dies from 357 to press some 38 Specials. Filled a can with 500 of those 👍 Apparently there wasn't much on TV 😆

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top