JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Annealed 1k 5.56 with an "Ugly" annealing machine.

20230116_155756.jpg 20230116_141341.jpg

Thanks, I really need to get out of my cave more often.
Nice job!
Cave...
I lived in an apartment south of Wilsonville, literally UNDER the I5 bridge over the Willamette River.
Talk about a cave, that was one for sure.
I think it was the winter of 2008, the winter of the big snowstorm and typical everyday rain/clouds.
hated it,
Happy when I left...

Last Edited:
Cave...
I lived in an apartment south of Wilsonville, literally UNDER the I5 bridge over the Willamette River.
Talk a bought a cave, that was one for sure.
I think it was the winter of 2008, the winter of the big snow storm and typical everyday rain/clouds.
hated it,
Happy when I left...
I too am gonna be happy when I leave GFP (Gawd forsaken place).

These have been tumbled, swaged and annealed.

Annealing comes before sizing and trimming.

I ran a batch of 50 yesterday to dial it in, get setup, etc.

Time and temperature are the variables. So I aim for pointing the hottest part of the flame (blue) on the shoulder, and time it to drop right as it turns from dark brass to orange/red.

The adjustment dial at "48" turns necks red, "49" hits the orange to red color as it drops. "50" and the necks don't turn color in a dark room.

Loaded up 100rnds of Hornady 240grn XTP 44mag with 20.1grn of Enforcer on my RCBS AmmoMaster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230117-171855_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230117-171855_Gallery.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20230117-171818_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230117-171818_Gallery.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20230117-143807_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230117-143807_Gallery.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 24
Finished some.308 loads in a ladder.
Prepping 22-250 brass…. It's getting worn had a few split necks. I come across new Sig brass often enough in store. gonna stop getting tricky with bullet weight on these and stick to 55grn and a few 36grn for the fun numbers on the crony.
Anyway…
How do y'all go about large numbers of brass lubing? I'm using a ziplock and pump spray case lube. I like the smell too. I'm trying to keep it lite and still cue tip the inside.

01AE4219-ABE7-4AD5-B041-A8974C100E95.jpeg

Finished some.308 loads in a ladder.
Prepping 22-250 brass…. It's getting worn had a few split necks. I come across new Sig brass often enough in store. gonna stop getting tricky with bullet weight on these and stick to 55grn and a few 36grn for the fun numbers on the crony.
Anyway…
How do y'all go about large numbers of brass lubing? I'm using a ziplock and pump spray case lube. I like the smell too. I'm trying to keep it lite and still cue tip the inside.

View attachment 1347974
I have a 6" x 12" box or so that's lined with aluminum foil. With a couple of shakes, you can get most of the case mouths facing up.

I finished up the 38 Special, now gonna finish the 357 Mag over the next couple of days. Last night I thought I'd prime up some 480 Ruger brass only to find out my Lee Bench Primer has the wrong shell holder for the Hornady brass. So off to the Lee web site I go and see that there are 2 shell holders for the 480, one for Hornady brass and the other one for every thing else and of course I've got the wrong one in my kit. So I piece together enough stuff to get my order over the 50.00 for free shipping but I'm a Lee dealer so get a discount and had to pay shipping anyway. Total cost ended up being 49.50 with the shipping. I know, first world problems. But I thought I continue the 480 Ruger saga.

With only me allowed to shoot my Ruger Super Redhawk .357 Mag revolver, 500 rounds lasts me quite a while, but today I prepped the next couple of hundred of my original 1000 nickel cases.

Time was I used to shoot between three and five hundred a week - EVERY week, and around 700 at a weekend of comps, but those days are long gone now.

I find that's one of the saddest features of what already a whole swathe of ludicrous firearms laws in this place - ALL my fellow shooters can watch me having fun with my revolver, but it is illegal to let them shoot it, and they will be committing a serious offence by doing so. Only the named person on the Firearms Certificate (FAC) can shoot it.

Quite how people who are already holders of a UK FAC in their own right, some of them with MANY guns in their ownership, are going to pose a threat to the King's Peace, I'm not entirely certain. No, make that, 'I haven't a clue'.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top