JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Loaded up some 44mag today.

20230108_155208.jpg 20230108_155153.jpg

It's taken me a year or so to figure 1.5-2" group 100yrd; from 16" barrel and settle into a load. Little more than $1 a round with the 10 cent primer, 300grn FTX from Hornady….and.41.5 grn H110. It opens considerably more at 200yrd….6-8". It's not a precision platform and I'm happy with the 12.7/42mm. The straight case lasting forever after bolt lug break-in. 2 marks left on side of case during extraction/ejection. But nice and clean now…..after probably 100 rnds and lite periodic 500 grit sanding on 4 points of contact. Maybe the 30cal bolt I have is soft.

Side tip….. I use Lee 4 pieces die set….pretty necessary to use powder fill die to at least open mouth… I've bent couple pressing these flat base bullets.

Anyway sitting down to load 125 rounds.
AR15…. Platform
I'm also still getting outside brass soot marks on most case's after firing. I'm keeping brass at 1.642-8… and book max is 1.65…. So I'm wondering if my chamber is a little longer???? What's the potential issue for longer brass???

Next day…….. there it is….9.5 lbs of.50 cal $155 ….. at least $175 in savings…. Priceless knowing its capabilities. In compliant 10rnd mag.

After thought…. I paid COVID price for CCI 350 LPMPS in the stink of it. Satisfied (but still disappointed) that those prices stuck retail today. So with measured powder $1.25 a rnd.

32156814-3BE0-49EB-A109-23B824AEA354.jpeg 5682E8D4-A655-4E2B-8C83-A3D457F93793.jpeg

Last Edited:
Pulled out a little bag of primed .308 range brass. Run mostly 150grn Interlock…. Because they hit nice out of the rifle I'm going to be using (20" socom 1:10). But have some partial boxes of 175grn Match burners and 165grn TSX from Barnes. Just at the 100-200 range I use. Flat base is more gratifying than boat tail. I want to find a longer range.

BCC02EA9-344D-4C44-B311-AC5C9388AC9E.jpeg

I sized, de-capped, trimmed to length, deburred/chamfered and SS wet media cleaned and primed 750 boxer primed 7.62x39 cases. Gorgeous like new cases.

I might add that about half of these 7.62x39 cases needed to be trimmed. I used my electric drill and "somewhat" home made trimmer and consistently did 10 to 12 cases per minute without sweating it. Every one within a thousandth or two.

I organized my garage, or at least started, and found what I estimate to be 4500 223 cases. I really, and I mean REALLY, don't want to prep all of that. Anyone provide a service to size, deprime, and swage them? LOL. I have all the components to load them, just not the time to prep them.

I'm finishing up 125gr TC 38 Specials, then will finish the 158gr SWC 357's. by then my next batch of bullets will be here so will be making 44 Special and Magnum, and 45 Colt. I'm still waiting on 32 H&R Mag brass from Starline so might get a chance to make something for myself. Next bullet order will be for 380, 9 and 40 to run on the Mark 7.

177 rounds of 9mm.

Don't you just hate it when you mis count and get an uneven number? It's just like having to even out a pie that the last person cut unevenly.

So, I made some more...

Now I have 251 rounds...

...oh, man! Back to the garage.

177 rounds of 9mm.

Don't you just hate it when you mis count and get an uneven number? It's just like having to even out a pie that the last person cut unevenly.

So, I made some more...

Now I have 251 rounds...

Indeed I do. I do like uniformity but I just don't get much while reloading. Crunch a primer or two, ding a case mouth or just run out of powder or bullets.
I finished a 9mm session last night with 212…

177 rounds of 9mm.

So, I made some more...

Now I have 251 rounds...

Making ammo for resale, I need to make the correct amounts for the packaging I use. It never comes out exact so I do the best I can and call the extras "and then some". As in I made 20 boxes and then some. The then somes go into my ammo cans as my ammo to shoot up at my leisure.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top