JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What small rifle primers did you get from American reloading? The picture on their website showed 4.5/3-N for 5.56. The ones that showed up were 4.5/3-P3. Looking at the data sheet from Ginex they show those have a thinner cup but are rated for loading 223 not 5.56. Hoping they will work in my ar's.

What small rifle primers did you get from American reloading? The picture on their website showed 4.5/3-N for 5.56. The ones that showed up were 4.5/3-P3. Looking at the data sheet from Ginex they show those have a thinner cup but are rated for loading 223 not 5.56. Hoping they will work in my ar's.
I grabbed the Ginex, have never had an issue in my AR. I also don't push them too hard, just enough for reliability.

I grabbed the Ginex, have never had an issue in my AR. I also don't push them too hard, just enough for reliability.
Good to hear. I'm loading mostly subsonic 300 blackout with these so not really pushing them hard at all. I was more worried as you see all the recommendations to use CCI #41's in the ar's.

Until.....you run low and need more 9mm. Yup.......
View attachment 1352468

Aloha, Mark
Hoping these will get me into the spring (2024) following this one. After this summer I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to do a 38apalooza again. Hopefully by then the price on primers will mellow out a little bit because apparently I'm living longer than I thought I was going to😆

I assembled some 45ACP on the Square Deal today :) First time switching over both caliber and the primer size. I learned a little about adjusting the primer feed system 👍 I had some hiccups with no primers showing up during my second batch of 100. I was feeling frustrated and tore down the primer assembly. I found a tiny adjustment screw and was able to allow the primer cup to better align itself with the primer tube. I ran 50 more with zero issues 😎

Need to start up on a new load for .223. Have liked the 53gr V-Max bullets with 24.9gr of H335. Shooting from a 16" or 18" barrel in an AR. Any other bullet combinations that I should try within the V-Max brand?

Need to start up on a new load for .223. Have liked the 53gr V-Max bullets with 24.9gr of H335. Shooting from a 16" or 18" barrel in an AR. Any other bullet combinations that I should try within the V-Max brand?
Have you tried heavier bullets in your barrel?. I had a .223 wyld in stainless 1:7 but ended up selling it before getting.223 dies. I was hoping heavy be mor butter…

Have you tried heavier bullets in your barrel?. I had a .223 wyld in stainless 1:7 but ended up selling it before getting.223 dies. I was hoping heavy be mor butter…
I do have some heavier bullets to try. I have some 69 and 80gr bullets from Midway, but they don't look as nice as the V-Max. Might try some of the ELD Match bullets.

I need to move farther away from my kids so they don't shoot up my ammo all the time. 2500 rounds ought to last till the first part of 2024. I shoot a lot more revolver stuff so I don't go through it as fast.
NO, you need to teach your kids how to reload and buy their own components.......... My son was taught when he was younger after helping unload a ton of 38,40, 44m, 45acp and 45lc. Then keep em close so they can do yours too for using your equipment..........;)

I do have some heavier bullets to try. I have some 69 and 80gr bullets from Midway, but they don't look as nice as the V-Max. Might try some of the ELD Match bullets.
Yeah post a follow up. I'd like to work up a bench rest kinda….223 ar. My interest peeked again after coming across a PSA barrel dropping.55 grn bulk ammo at 200yrd 6" steel plate with my eyes closed.
.223 is cheaper for me to reload and play with compared to some other stuff I'm trying. Sometimes my expectations ar to high for budget builds but I keep trying…… kinda like a wedding night rope push.

What twist barrel? Mine is a 1-9 and really loves 53 & 55 grain vmax's. I just had 1000 of them delivered from Midway for 11 cents each. They sell them as seconds but the only flaw I saw on them was the tip was slightly orange.

NO, you need to teach your kids how to reload and buy their own components.......... My son was taught when he was younger after helping unload a ton of 38,40, 44m, 45acp and 45lc. Then keep em close so they can do yours too for using your equipment..........;)
Unfortunately my wife at the time did not agree. In an alternate universe they would both know how to do it.

What twist barrel? Mine is a 1-9 and really loves 53 & 55 grain vmax's. I just had 1000 of them delivered from Midway for 11 cents each. They sell them as seconds but the only flaw I saw on them was the tip was slightly orange.
1:8 for both. I think that the 1:8 should like the heavier 62 to 77gr bullets, but still would like to experiment some more.

785ufq.jpg

45 Colt and 44 Special are done and I should get the 44 Mag done tomorrow. Then on to 32 H&R. I'll put in a Blue Bullet order on Monday so while I'm waiting for that to arrive I've got 3 5 gallon buckets of brass to de prime and tumble as keep busy work.

I got all my.308s pulled at father in-laws house. I only have a hammer and really screwed the crimp. He had a die/collet puller thing…next tool on the list. So I'll start over soon enough.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top