JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to mention your back? Getting that thing out of the truck and set up!
Nah just put 2 uprights in the stake pockets on one side and string the chains and plate between them. The weight of the target will automatically angle the plate perfectly for ya. Empty all your shooting needs out of the truck onto the bench drive the truck away as far as you wish to shoot turn the truck broadside of the shooting bench and voila you're ready to rock.

EDIT: make sure you're a good shot or have relatives in the autobody and mechanics fields.......YMMV

Nah just put 2 uprights in the stake pockets on one side and string the chains and plate between them. The weight of the target will automatically angle the plate perfectly for ya. Empty all your shooting needs out of the truck onto the bench drive the truck away as far as you wish to shoot turn the truck broadside of the shooting bench and voila you're ready to rock.

EDIT: make sure you're a good shot or have relatives in the autobody and mechanics fields.......YMMV
As to your edit, happened to me. My brother was using my car as a rest/bench back in the day and I had my trunk open. The impact slammed the trunk closed and left a long bullet shaped dent without paint. Never penetrated the Toyota metal but, it was only a 7.62x39

Must have never seen bullet splatter.

Loaded up some 45 ACP with 200 Grain SWC bullets over Clays powder.
40C3041F-437B-4FA9-BEBF-2B881BB39403.jpeg

I recently reloaded some test loads for my 10.5" 458 socom using the 300gr barnes tactx. I had previously chronoed this bullet going 1650 fps out of my 16" gun using the max barnes load with lil gun. This time I tweaked the oal to be longer by .070" and used 3 different powders working up .5 gr higher than max on each to make up for the increased powder space. I shot these out of my 10.5" pistol and was really surprised how well it did. Lil gun was the winner for velocity and sd although the load showed slightly flattened primer with rounded edges still. I will back out a couple tenths of a grain and shoot again out to 100 yds. The velocity I recorded out of the 10.5" pistol was 1580 fps average with the lil gun load :eek:

Yeah I googled it. I don't get why it's on jacketed/plated bullets? I probably don't know about that particular die either. I'm a single stage loader.
It's a bushing inside of the die, it expands when a flared case mouth pushed up on it, allowing a single projectile to drop. The problem is that the sharp edges of some cases cut into the material and weaken it, also causing it to shed into the powder under the projectile. Case flare can be adjusted down, but then a projectile will not drop. I'm sure an exact combo of projectile type/weight and critical dimensions of case flare would lead to a perfect combination... but I failed to find it and destroyed the inserts in a day. Back to the company it went. Now I'm off to try the all metal Hornady version.

It's a bushing inside of the die, it expands when a flared case mouth pushed up on it, allowing a single projectile to drop. The problem is that the sharp edges of some cases cut into the material and weaken it, also causing it to shed into the powder under the projectile. Case flare can be adjusted down, but then a projectile will not drop. I'm sure an exact combo of projectile type/weight and critical dimensions of case flare would lead to a perfect combination... but I failed to find it and destroyed the inserts in a day. Back to the company it went. Now I'm off to try the all metal Hornady version.
Ohhh-Kay. The bullets aren't coated. It's an insert in the die that sets the bullet into the flared case mouth! Gotcha! Glad to be just a simple, single stage, guy.

Do yourself a favor and just skip to the mr bullet feeder die it's not that much more expensive and works the hornady version never did work reliably for me and costs almost as much as the mr bullet feeder die.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews