JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Testing three different powder charges for:

10mm
9mm
40 S&W
380 ACP
45 ACP
38 Spl
357 Mag

Loaded 60 rounds of each caliber (20 rounds per powder charge).

Just curious in testing difference between felt recoil between charge weights.

Pics are of the 10mm and 38 spl.

Happy New Year, everyone.

Cheers.

IMG_2463 Large.jpeg IMG_2462 Large.jpeg

Went out to the reloading bench and it dawned on me I need to shoot up some of the stuff I have before I reload any more.
My thought process
Do I have brass, do I have primers, do I have powder, do I have bullets=yes.
Do I have storage for it=no
Time to go buy more ammo boxes and cans.

You may not feel like loading it later when you need it.

Tumbled some more brass 44mag and 45lc then loaded up some more .40 with 165 xtreme's with 8.2gr accurate #5 this time, last time was 7.5gr we will see if the difference is noticeable. Still shooting older stuff using other powders, just threw the #5 on an order to make hazmat not so painful and try it out for chits and giggles.

We unloaded about 50 44 Magnums, 25 500 magnums, 1100 22lr's, 600 9mm's, and 250 5.56's. Does that count? Weather was great and had good company, even took the Blackstone out for some hot lunch.

Lee 102 gr sized to .357, HF white, CCI SRP, 4.5 gr Red Dot plinkers.
Mule snot or powder coated, 4 gr to 5+ gr, these have always shot well.. bugging out eyeballs at the range out of an abused stock-barreled Glock etc. etc. on a regular basis.

View attachment 1336548
@cavemanjim uses Alabama Owl snot.

I've been working with those Lee .358 105swc that you turned me on to, powder coated with Alabama Owl snot. Heat em up a little bit with some accurate #5 in a m27 6" and they really scoot brother. I need to run some across my crony but I know they're moving because I think they hit the plate before I pull the trigger:p.

True story

Last Edited:
@cavemanjim uses Alabama Owl snot.

I've been working with those Lee .358 105swc that you turned me on to, powder coated with Alabama Owl snot. Heat em up a little bit with some accurate #5 in a m29 6" and they really scoot brother. I need to run some across my crony but I know they're moving because I think they hit the plate before I pull the trigger:p.

True story
Those lighter bullets really move.
Yesterday I shot some 38+P's with 125g HP's at the upper end of the spectrum and I too believe a few did the same thing, boolit hit the plate before the final squeeze of the hair trigger on the S&W 13-1. :s0092::s0092::s0092:

Those lighter bullets really move.
Yesterday I shot some 38+P's with 125g HP's at the upper end of the spectrum and I too believe a few did the same thing, boolit hit the plate before the final squeeze of the hair trigger on the S&W 13-1. :s0092::s0092::s0092:
Try them at 100 yards on a steel plate. It's shocking how close the Ring of the plate is to the press of the trigger compared to a 158

I decided to try some Lil'gun with some 158gr Hornady XTP,s in my GP 100 .357, and some Longshot with 200gr TC's in my Sig 10mm. The Lil'gun needs either more barrel than my 4" or heaver bullets. Maybe both. So more experimenting at a later date. The 10mm load worked good, I'll do a little fine tuning on that one and I want to try it in the 38 super, again at a later date. Play time is over, back to full production mode starting with 5000 each 357 Mag and 38 Special. One last note when shooting at a dueling tree made to cam over with 9mm's if you hit the plates with a, lets just say a more serious caliber, the plates will hit the stop hard enough to cam back over on to your side and you can defeat yourself.

We unloaded about 50 44 Magnums, 25 500 magnums, 1100 22lr's, 600 9mm's, and 250 5.56's. Does that count? Weather was great and had good company, even took the Blackstone out for some hot lunch.
So you spent the day pulling bullets so you can reload them later, awesome.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top