HighLine Firearms
Oregon Rifleworks
Southwest Firearms

pinne65

Reactions
Did some 10mm plinkers

PXL_20210718_022959336.jpg

Reactions
Primed and belled 783 9mm brass today. Ready to charge and finish. Due to hand problems wife has to seat bullets. I am down to my last 1800 small pistol primers. Wife's sig226 gobbles ammo.

I have both RCBS and Hornady pullers. Both work great. It hurts too much to use my old hammer puller.

Haven't been to the range in a month or more. Fishing has been too hot to go shoot.
I too have been on the water more than shooting as of late, the range can wait a bit longer I think. :D

Reactions
Thank you for the offer Jim. But.....

I STRIVE to make absolutely sure I will NEVER need a puller for any large number of MY reloads! :D I also would hope I would never take a butt-load of ammo that needed pulling apart.
Sure, it a perfect world you'd never need a puller. In my case, I had a primer problem that I couldn't see until the round had powder and bullet seated. Once I fixed the primer tip, all good again.

Reactions
Thank you for the offer Jim. But.....

I STRIVE to make absolutely sure I will NEVER need a puller for any large number of MY reloads! :D I also would hope I would never take a butt-load of ammo that needed pulling apart.
What most people see as extra work, I see as opportunities to keep busy and makin some $$$.
I do not plan to pull stuff down but I’m a full service reloader. ;)

Mikej

Reactions
Sure, it a perfect world you'd never need a puller. In my case, I had a primer problem that I couldn't see until the round had powder and bullet seated. Once I fixed the primer tip, all good again.
I've got a hammer type puller all right. There's been a time or two I accidentally seated too deep and had to get .015 back.

Mikej

Reactions
What most people see as extra work, I see as opportunities to keep busy and makin some $$$.
I do not plan to pull stuff down but I’m a full service reloader. ;)

I read you. I spend time at the table just play'n around! Need to be doing sumthin' while I listen to old country Western, or olden-goldies! ;)

Reactions
If you don't have a lot of bullets to pull (I never do really - a few now and then) a pair of pliers with the shallow, 'half moon' radiuses' in the flat forward ends works well.

This needs a press such as a SS or a turret that allows access to the threaded die mount.

Remove the die and run the round up into the die opening and grab the bullet with the radiused portions of the tip and get a good grip on the bullet with the pliers flat on the top of the die opening give the handle a quick press up. If you got a good grip on the bullet it will pull free and often with very few scratches or marks ready to load again!

IMG_2581[1].JPG

Last Edited:

Certaindeaf

Reactions
200 Great Balls of 12 Gauge.. lol

20210712_093007.jpg

Today I finished off 100 rounds of 357 Magnum and 50 rounds of 38 Special. Trying to find a home for all of the assorted bullet weights/styles I have for the 38/357! Then my plan is to restock with just 125, 158, and 180 grainers!

Reactions
I found a box of 400) 300BLK cases, not converts!!! They were marked resized (checked out), trimmed (checked out) but I just wanted to get them a little bit more shiny so into the corncob media they went!!! So purty!!!

I’ll get a pic after dinner…:p:p:p

Last Edited:

aasbra

Reactions
Turned out 150 rounds of 380 auto this evening. 95 grain FMJ with AA#2. I only have one handgun in 380, and don’t shoot it often, so this should last me for a while.

Reactions
Finished depriming & cleaning all my misc brass (maybe 5000 cases in 6-8 calibers) . Not a lot of effort but tons of clean cases after 4-5 days of tumbling.
I cleaned a bunch of dies and got a little oil on those that get the least use.
Lubed two presses, associated powder drops, and wiped down all the powder bars and conversion kits.

The loading bench and tools are ready to go & looking good!

Cerberus Training Group
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
Pacwest Defense
Copeland Custom Gunworks

Upcoming Events

Rimfire Challenge July 31st @ DRRC
Eagle Creek, OR
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond, OR

Latest Resource Reviews