JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did some 10mm plinkers

PXL_20210718_022959336.jpg

Primed and belled 783 9mm brass today. Ready to charge and finish. Due to hand problems wife has to seat bullets. I am down to my last 1800 small pistol primers. Wife's sig226 gobbles ammo.

I have both RCBS and Hornady pullers. Both work great. It hurts too much to use my old hammer puller.

Haven't been to the range in a month or more. Fishing has been too hot to go shoot.
I too have been on the water more than shooting as of late, the range can wait a bit longer I think. :D

If you ever need to use mine, let me know and I can loan them out to you.;)
Thank you for the offer Jim. But.....

I STRIVE to make absolutely sure I will NEVER need a puller for any large number of MY reloads! :D I also would hope I would never take a butt-load of ammo that needed pulling apart.

I STRIVE to make absolutely sure I will NEVER need a puller for any large number of MY reloads! :D I also would hope I would never take a butt-load of ammo that needed pulling apart.
Sure, it a perfect world you'd never need a puller. In my case, I had a primer problem that I couldn't see until the round had powder and bullet seated. Once I fixed the primer tip, all good again.

What most people see as extra work, I see as opportunities to keep busy and makin some $$$.
I do not plan to pull stuff down but I'm a full service reloader. ;)

Sure, it a perfect world you'd never need a puller. In my case, I had a primer problem that I couldn't see until the round had powder and bullet seated. Once I fixed the primer tip, all good again.
I've got a hammer type puller all right. There's been a time or two I accidentally seated too deep and had to get .015 back.

What most people see as extra work, I see as opportunities to keep busy and makin some $$$.
I do not plan to pull stuff down but I'm a full service reloader. ;)

I read you. I spend time at the table just play'n around! Need to be doing sumthin' while I listen to old country Western, or olden-goldies! ;)

If you don't have a lot of bullets to pull (I never do really - a few now and then) a pair of pliers with the shallow, 'half moon' radiuses' in the flat forward ends works well.

This needs a press such as a SS or a turret that allows access to the threaded die mount.

Remove the die and run the round up into the die opening and grab the bullet with the radiused portions of the tip and get a good grip on the bullet with the pliers flat on the top of the die opening give the handle a quick press up. If you got a good grip on the bullet it will pull free and often with very few scratches or marks ready to load again!

IMG_2581[1].JPG

Last Edited:
200 Great Balls of 12 Gauge.. lol

20210712_093007.jpg

Today I finished off 100 rounds of 357 Magnum and 50 rounds of 38 Special. Trying to find a home for all of the assorted bullet weights/styles I have for the 38/357! Then my plan is to restock with just 125, 158, and 180 grainers!

I found a box of 400) 300BLK cases, not converts!!! They were marked resized (checked out), trimmed (checked out) but I just wanted to get them a little bit more shiny so into the corncob media they went!!! So purty!!!

I'll get a pic after dinner…:p:p:p

Last Edited:
Turned out 150 rounds of 380 auto this evening. 95 grain FMJ with AA#2. I only have one handgun in 380, and don't shoot it often, so this should last me for a while.

Finished depriming & cleaning all my misc brass (maybe 5000 cases in 6-8 calibers) . Not a lot of effort but tons of clean cases after 4-5 days of tumbling.
I cleaned a bunch of dies and got a little oil on those that get the least use.
Lubed two presses, associated powder drops, and wiped down all the powder bars and conversion kits.

The loading bench and tools are ready to go & looking good!

Finished depriming & cleaning all my misc brass (maybe 5000 cases in 6-8 calibers) . Not a lot of effort but tons of clean cases after 4-5 days of tumbling.
I cleaned a bunch of dies and got a little oil on those that get the least use.
Lubed two presses, associated powder drops, and wiped down all the powder bars and conversion kits.

The loading bench and tools are ready to go & looking good!
And some people here think I'm anal about a clean work surface n stuff about hospital clean reloading room…
I call it busy work when I clean up after the days projects (mess)… :p

I got tired of staring at the 1,000+ PMC 223 cases sitting in my cabinet. For one they were dirty so into the vibratory tumbler withe walnut media, number two I had the time to resize them then throw them into the FA wet tumbler and dry them in the scorching sun!!! So purty!!!

383E19FB-1786-44E9-83CF-4D4C5C9107CA.jpeg 83E99C99-7987-47B0-AC1C-E325C473BC38.jpeg B9F50FD6-415E-4903-8F1E-915F01E63C25.jpeg

Last Edited:
And some people here think I'm anal about a clean work surface n stuff about hospital clean reloading room…
I call it busy work when I clean up after the days projects (mess)… :p
Trying to make sure everything is ready to go when I want to start bulk loading again. It's nice knowing there are 1000 of anything ready to load.
Nice to see your 1000 .223 get a spot on the shelf ;)

Today I'll make a light load for a 38 ACP then increase the powder charge for 38 Super and run off the rest of the 124gr JHP's. Then load up some 148gr TC hard cast bullets for me for a change. After that 45-70 Lever action loads with 300gr Hornady hollow points and 44 Mag with 240 gr JHP's.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top