JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanna see the fish? Kokanee?
Not wanting to skid the reloading thread train off it's tracks, please visit this thread for MANY pics of fishes… :D

25 Rounds of 300 Win Mag, my favorite all around load for my Remington 700!

57DE4DD6-ED48-48A9-ADE1-DF3BFEFB3FC9.jpeg

I turned out about a thousand 9mm 147 grain coated rounds today. May try to do another thousand tomorrow since it's hot outside, and I'd rather be inside where it's cooler this weekend. I did get out to the range first thing this morning to fire 20 test rounds I loaded yesterday before going into production on it.

0DBDF9D7-7D81-431B-9DD1-AC60581DD652.jpeg

Not that I needed it but a neighbor gave me several 100 pieces of .30-30 brass.

I told him most of it would probably be passed along since I know a lot of .30-30 shooters.

So I have started to tumble it and about 50 pieces were primed and most had wrinkled and slightly collapsed shoulders so they might have been improperly loaded and already broken down so I finished them up by sizing and depriming them!

Some of the brass is quite old and says .30 WCF on the headstamp

Last Edited:
After the last load of .45 acp through the LnL casefeeder, I decided to fix a problem I've been having. Specifically on .45ACP, the brass coming down the tube from the hopper hangs up on a ledge inside the aluminum tube above the toolhead. About every 30 rounds or so, I have to bang on the side of it to get more to drop. Designed a better tube for 3d printed plastic to replace it, and kept going with a tighter lower feed tube to the deck. Ever had the cases bounce and fall over? Seems to happen on mine with 9mm Luger, mostly. I'm thinking a tighter fit helps keep stuff from flopping around- the casefeeder is designed as " one size fits all" and does an admirable job of it, but custom tailoring to the rounds I like to load may make it run a lot better.

Anyway, just need to cast and coat more slugs so I can try this thing out, but that's going to have to wait until it cools off a bit.

I'm making 40 S&W loaded with 180gr Blue bullets on the Mark 7 and 38 special loaded with 158gr RN's on the Lock and Load. The supply chain being what it is, I'm waiting for bullets to load 45-70, 45acp, 10mm, 44 special, 44-40, 38 Super and 9mm and I'm waiting for 45-70, 44 mag and 357 Mag brass.

I got my 44 special and 44-40 (same bullet, I just re-size them for the 44-40) bullets so that's what I'm making now. It looks like the 10mm, 45-70 and 38 Super bullets shipped so those will be next. More 9mm, 45acp and 38 caiber bullets on order that'll get here when they get here.

Well I'm taking a backwards step in the reloading department, meaning that I have 2,000+ 10mm new loads with new Starline brass, CCI LPP's and H800x powder that I took in on a trade 5-6 years ago, I don't remember who loaded them and I will not shoot them.

I pulled down 128 of the165g FMJ's the other day using my RCBS press mounted .40 collet puller which is slow. I checked the powder load on each round and was surprised that they were very consistent at 9.3, 9.4 & 9.5g of H800X. COAL is also very consistent at 1.250" +/-.

I plan to keep the bullets and let go of the powder and primed cases but not until I have finished the pull down job.

6CCAC60B-323A-4CCD-BD53-E261F2CCEFFE.jpeg F272268C-4AE5-4504-A8A9-DCC96E1D6C56.jpeg

6F62E0FC-C5C8-4531-A600-81132B70353B.jpeg

Full length sized (49) 30-06 military cases. After polishing the inside of the die, applied case lube liberally on each case with my finger (misplaced my pad). About 50% of them still wouldn't go into the die all the way so I pulled the press ram down and reapplied lube and continued. I think they were fired from a machine gun because I had to use my body weight to resize these. By the end of it my shoulder was sore.

Last for today, reamed and cleaned the pockets and ordered a trim die.

Well I'm taking a backwards step in the reloading department, meaning that I have 2,000+ 10mm new loads with new Starline brass, CCI LPP's and H800x powder that I took in on a trade 5-6 years ago, I don't remember who loaded them and I will not shoot them.

I pulled down 128 of the165g FMJ's the other day using my RCBS press mounted .40 collet puller which is slow. I checked the powder load on each round and was surprised that they were very consistent at 9.3, 9.4 & 9.5g of H800X. COAL is also very consistent at 1.250" +/-.

I plan to keep the bullets and let go of the powder and primed cases but not until I have finished the pull down job.

View attachment 989834View attachment 989835

View attachment 989837
Curious as to why you wouldn't use the primed cases?

Ooo, but you want one. Tanfoglio makes some nice all steel guns.
They do! A buddy and I were in a pawn shop in Eugene a few years back and he bought one. We took it out and put a couple of boxes of ammo downrange. A good time was had by all. Next time I saw him, maybe a week later, he told me he had sold it. I was like 'Uh, why didn't you ask me if I wanted to buy it?" He said, "You don't need another gun."

Needless to say, that was the end of our friendship. I just don't need that sort of negativity in my life. :s0057:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top