JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Slept in, read two books (Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy and a book about salmon fishing), went for a walk, had a beer. Mental health is a prep! Take some time to relax if you don't already. It's a nice break from the constant news cycle of doom and gloom

Finally kinda-sorta of had a day off today, after an absolute nightmare of a week. Mainly worked on supply lines and other maintenance:

• Bought more canned goods.
  • Trying to decide on what to study next on the topic.
  • Acquired a few more Mac-10 magazines.
  • Ordered .44 Special ammo.
  • Bought a few more books on the topic; a few vintage and/or wacky ones and one newer and more an academic work.
  • Bidding on an Astra 44 that had been customized (shortened, slicked up, aftermarket sights, etc.) by the now defunct John Jovino Gun Shop in New York City. If the bidding goes up much more, however, I might have to pass. (I'm a yuge fan of the .44 Special / .44 Magnum, so always on the lookout though.)
  • Topped off the mobiles.
  • Have the contract reviewed and signed for some land surveying work we're having done.
  • Installed some new targets on the home range (a spinner target and a smaller one that resembles a bird and attaches to tree.)

Purchased additional bartering supplies... Yeah, that's it... that's the ticket...

Prepper booze.JPG

On my road trip home from Seattle, stopped by a surplus store outside JBLM and got me a brand new set of waffle grid long Johns and shirt for a screaming deal. Perfect for staying warm in the backcountry

Chest Day in the gym before 6 AM today. Legs tomorrow. I'm in before 6 AM Tuesday through Saturday with Sunday and Monday off.

I've been good about meal planning as well, although I tend to loosen up a bit during the weekends.

Purchased more once fired .223 Rem. brass.
Next task will be...... loading them up, before the Zombie Apocalypse.

Aloha, Mark
I have yet to start reloading but is at the top of the list for retirement activities in a few years. I have piles of .223/5.56 brass, I guess I should start sorting it out.

Another 20lbs of cherries pitted and frozen.

Sighted in a Marlin 60

Prepped more cherries for the Freeze Dryer.

Ate more ice cream to make room in the freezer for more cherries.

Found out some valuable intel: my young daughter likes sardines. In fact, inhaled a can worth, placed on crackers. Her mother won't have them under almost any conditions, but if at least two in the household can use it as an inexpensive and easy to store protein source, that doesn't hurt.

Other than that, rust proofed some magazines that came in, started a new book about at-home medicine, and made the rounds on Gunbroker. :)

Found out some valuable intel: my young daughter likes sardines. In fact, inhaled a can worth, placed on crackers. Her mother won't have them under almost any conditions, but if at least two in the household can use it as an inexpensive and easy to store protein source, that doesn't hurt.

Other than that, rust proofed some magazines that came in, started a new book about at-home medicine, and made the rounds on Gunbroker. :)
Either one of them might like herring better, especially the smoked & peppered flavor.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top