JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up two 5gal gas cans, Storage Stabil and 10gal of ethanol free, super regular to add to my stash! I can run the geney quite a while now! :D When the powers down I have to run the generator at least twice a day for medical reasons! I have to heat water for a sitz bath, 'tis my hemi you see! :(

Last Edited:
Picked up two 5gal gas cans, Storage Stabil and 10gal of ethanol free, super regular to add to my stash! I can run the geney quite a while now! :D When the powers down I have to run the generator at least twice a day for medical reasons! I have to heat water for a sitz bath, 'tis my hemi you see! :(

Last weekend I was in NAPA getting an alternator for my SIL's car and noticed they had maybe 20 five gallon cans (sealed) of Sunoco 110 octane "racing" fuel (I assume non-ethanol) stacked in the middle of the floor - $62 per can, or $12+ per gallon. I was tempted to get one for my Beta Alp (13:1 compression), but decided to shop around - NAPA is always over priced.

What is "super regular"?:s0092:

Black Friday purchases been trickling in. Finally got the one I have been waiting for, that among other things, contained a candidate for being a GHB. It's not an Erberlestock (not even close), but it is pretty good for $35 and it let's me carry a rifle inside the pack (in similar fashion to the Erberlestock) - out of sight and padded. I will do a different review thread on it once I sort it out.

I noticed that SG bumped the price up on it to $45, but I think it is still worth that considering an Erberlestock easily costs three times as much (although the latter is probably close to 2-3X better than the SG pack).

Last weekend I was in NAPA getting an alternator for my SIL's car and noticed they had maybe 20 five gallon cans (sealed) of Sunoco 110 octane "racing" fuel (I assume non-ethanol) stacked in the middle of the floor - $62 per can, or $12+ per gallon. I was tempted to get one for my Beta Alp (13:1 compression), but decided to shop around - NAPA is always over priced.

What is "super regular"?:s0092:
Related to pure gas,
You can get ethanol free 92 in Vancouver at the 76 at the corner of se 164th and se 1st, about 3 miles north of the 14/164th exit.
~3.75 / gallon.

Earthquake Planning ... Aftermath ...

We are continuously rethinking the scenario after the big Cascadian, (sp?) Earthquake. SW OR USA. About 42N, 123W. Wood framed 2 story structure build in 1979. Well built. Got through the 26" of wet snow without a grown. No damage. How well will out home get through all the shaking?

How well will it get through the aftermath post earthquake environment? Resulting fires? Wildfires? Neighborhood fires spreading? Earthquake damage? Will we be able to stay or will we have to eventually or immediately get out of the house? All unknown questions. Planning?

Stay or leave. Makes a big difference in planning and logistics. Even the local you-rent-your-space storage facilities are now suspect. Wood frame construction. They might burn up. Then what if all our survival goodies go up in smoke? Or the facility becomes non accessible?

Summertime uncontrolled and uncontrollable forest wildfires come to mind. Wintertime house fires slowly spreading home to home consuming entire city blocks. Post earthquake. Zero infrastructure working yet. Complete and total temporary anarchy. All possible weather conditions.

How do we stash and secure our stuff? Right now the big multiple vehicle bug out bags are inside the baby SUV cars. Not very secure. Car break ins or thefts come to mind. Then what do we do? Has anybody come up with a physical possession SHTF goodies security plan that works?

Right now we are thinking a small one axle two wheeled towing trailer for use behind the Suzuki Suicide baby jeep. It will have to be a small trailer. We have noted that from time to time U-Haul sells their surplus dinky tiny pull trailers. Perhaps one could be bought cheap and used?

Dunno. Any ideas anybody?

A big quake; here's how that stacks up against bugging out:

Ocean on the W. side, Cascades on the E. side, bridges on I-5., and slides in the Cascades & C/R.

Vehicular travel will be extremely limited.

The two main categories for shtf are Rule Of Law (ROL) and Without Rule of Law (WROL).

Traveling in a WROL situation would be worse/more dangerous than any other time in our history.

So, the way I see it, the only times when bugging out is a good option are if an overwhelming enemy force is at your door (ROL & WROL), or if a wild-land fire runs you out under the ROL....go to a motel...

If the WROL bug out time comes; the nearest piece of junk-secure sheltar will seem like a Hilton hotel.

Last Edited:
Dunno. Any ideas anybody?

RV or camping trailer as a backup shelter. If you go this route, then put it on at least a thick gravel pad (at least one foot thick) and have some kind of shelter over it to keep it out of the weather so it will last longer.

Less expensive would be a shipping container - especially a reefer (insulated) - but this would probably require that you could place it somewhere that neighbors/HOA/city/etc. would not object or know about it. You CANNOT bury these easily and it is better to not even try.

I have a partially insulated shop that serves as my planned backup to my manufactured home (I am mostly worried about the land underneath the house as I live on a slope on a mountain and I believe the ground under the house is probably fill dirt move there).

I cut-on, grinded-on, hammered-on, wrestled-with, and welded on my UTV snow plow for 6 hours today; it was 48" wide, now its 60" wide....

Sunny and 50 degrees; a beautiful day at 1,200 feet. :cool:

Have some leftover metal for other projects.;)

I cut-on, grinded-on, hammered-on, wrestled-with, and welded on my UTV snow plow for 6 hours today; it was 48" wide, now its 60" wide....

Sunny and 50 degrees; a beautiful day at 1,200 feet. :cool:

Have some leftover metal for other projects.;)

It never got above 40* here at 900' - there was frost everywhere. I wimped out and surfed the intertubes looking for stuff to buy instead of going out and cutting/splitting firewood like I planned to. :oops:

Been hovering in the 20s here at 2300'. Not a lot of motivation to get outside although I'll take 20* and dry over 40* and wet any day. I don't miss the valley one bit.

Got some new shoes for my girl and ordered 2 more NATO Jerry cans and fast pour spouts for the BOV.

IMG_3142.PNG IMG_3140.JPG IMG_3141.JPG

Went to the Rickreall GS today. Kept my hands in my pockets most of the time but still managed to buy 2 - 20 rd Pmags for the new rifle(AR10) I dont have yet.... Stocking stuffers maybe?!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top