JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We don't have anything that I recall being labeled a "Sam's Club," but we do have a Wal Mart "Super Store." I don't know the difference. I just know it's a lot bigger with a lot more variety than the normal Wal Marts. It has those bulk items.

FWIW, it's in Eagle Point. I think there might be one in Grants Pass too but I can't remember.

Don't overlook Food For Less and Winco too. They are worth a look.

Sam's Club is quite different from Walmart. It's clearly a bulk warehouse style store - like costco, but less clothing, books and personal gadgetry, etc.

There's one at the Auburn, WA Supermall - take HWY 18 east from I-5 and you can't miss it.

I have been trying to get my 500 gallon propane tank replaced with a 1000 gallon one for the past year. My propane provider refused (big national corporation) so I switched to a local provider and they gave me the new 1000 gallon tank and did the total switch for free! Now I have enough fuel to power my house needs and my generator for a YEAR! Propane never spoils so I plan on keeping it full by adding the normal amount each month and never letting it get below 60%. As a bonus the local company filled it for a wholesale rate to get me to switch from the big national company. Buy local!

The standby propane generator powers about 1/3 of my house circuits, including my pump house, refridg, and freezer. We live in the country and have long power outages every winter so this set-up lets us live very well when there is no power.

Any generator can be very easily converted to propane. It beats trying to win a Darwin award for pouring gas into the tank of a hot running generator when the winter storm is raging. I ran a trench from the propane tank to the generator and the local propane company hooked up the buried flexible pipe for FREE!

We try to do something new/more to prepare each month.

Bought my first AR this weekend, Colt LE6940. Stocked up some dry foods today, including a large box of Snickers bars. You can't underrate calorie-dense food that tastes good. Doing some maintenance on the vehicles and rechecking their supplies.

bought a week's supply of drinking water, some iodine tablets, first aid supplies, and a little bit of campstove fuel.

also, last week found one of the Foxfire books at a garage sale. :D

Got the extra propane tank filled. Put a few MRE's & pouches of h2o in the bugout bags to go along w/ the freeze dried stuff.
Bought some para cord & more carabiners for the bug out bags. Put some 1 loaded mag for each of my 2 pistols, 1 for the AR and 5 rounds of 00 in there too.

I added some new and much needed tarps to my mobile and home survival packs. But other than that, I didn't unpack and date check or repack to see if I could get a little more space out of the bug-out-bag as well as the emergency survival trunk.
(Which I should probably do..tomorrows project) :)

Walked the wife thru the contents of the emergency backpacks & showed her how to use some of the items. Also showed her how to turn off the water heater supply line & the Gas supply line in event of an earthquake.

bought two more American Eagle coins.

bought a PILE of ammo from a BiMart down south, no sales tax cause it is in Oregon. Had 9mm, 40, 45, 30/06, 308 and 7mm Rem Mag. Their limit is four boxes of EACH CALIBER... so I rolled outta there with about fifty pounds. Oh, they had Peters .22 LR bricks of 500 rds for sixteen bucks... llimit two. Two trips made four... two thousand rounds. And four boxes .22 WRM as well.

Oh, and the BEST place for high quality bulk foods is any of the Smart and Final Cash and Carry stores... all over the northwest, find them in your local phone book. They are THE biggest supplier to the food service and restaurant industry, particularly the smaller Mom n Pop outfits. Used to be anyone with ANY business could buy, but now anyonne can, business owner or not. Washington residents pay sales tax on non-food items, unless you supply a reseller's permit for something in the food line of business.

They've got all manner of baking, cooking, food storage, cooking, kitchen, paper goods, canned (normal size, and plenty of No 10 tins). Meats, produce (OK, so that doesn't keep well), dairy, cheese, prepared foods, frozen... an amazing array of stuff. Cheaper than most any other place, and often higher quality. Beans, rice, some whole grains....

going to see book of eli for my birthday......... the only way to get the wife into survival stuff...

We got packs for "backpacking" hahahahahahaha!!! I just need a hammock and I will be ready to survive!! not if, but when SHTF!!!

Picked up 2 more 55 gallon water barrels. $15 each in Hillsboro.

003.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads