JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kimbers and other Custom 1911s I don't get...
...spend thousands of dollars on a new custom 1911, and they tell you it has a brake in of 500rds. So you have to spend another $200 on ammo, and more money on trips to the range, all the while fighting the FTF/FTEs. Best case... break in goes great. it works, but for all your work your once brand new gun that you carefully broke in has depreciated in value because it is now used. Worst case you spent all that money time and effort going through the brake in and the stupid thing still doesn't work right. Seems like they should be able to make them reliable from the factory.
I guess it's easier to replace the warranty/trouble shooting pages in the owners manual with...
***just keep shooting it till it works***

And 1911 fanboys will make fun of our plastic guns, even though they are a fraction of the cost, hold more ammo, and work perfectly from the very first round.

...I still want a nice 1911, but I'll be buying one used, with at least 500 rounds through it. I'll still use and trust my Tupperware when it counts though.

The furniture is take off from a Polish sporter. Only complaint is the lever is too damn tight, but I'm eventually getting a Romanian wire folder.
I have the complete polish furiture set new in the box I bought a few years ago I might put it on a amd65 it will be nicer than that funky set up on them

I smell a story... your new upper?

haven't got new upper yet :rolleyes: fingers crossed

Trigger disconnector broke or as guys at range said "pack it up".. $240 later SD-3G was in it!

My DDM4V11... or shall I say was mine.. had the rail screws come loose on left side after 600rds,
No thread locker at all on screws.
I went to screwing them back in and found out they had stripped hence why they were so loose.

Shipped back to Daniel Defense for repair & 3weeks later the upper was back in my hands..
Not even 200rds into the "Fixed Rail" screw loosed 1/4in out..

So back to DD & to there customer service is great! Gave me a brand new upper.. but didn't give me back my BCM gunfighter charging handle :rolleyes:

Then sold it..... had enough with the
"Lemon AR"

2E6636B1-4AB5-4F5A-8D0C-C7D89240DCFE.jpeg

LLama
Taurus
Sig (think Mosquito)
Herters - a friend had a 44 that literally came apart while shooting it.

1911 unreliable? Pshaw, someone needs to learn to tweak one a bit :rolleyes:

I will agree on the Kimber thing, never found one I liked and 'cause I like to jump on wagons :D

Dunno, good question though. I'll have to look at it a bit more one of these days. Haven't taken it out in a while.

Bought it second hand off of here, at a great price, so I'm thinking not.
I bought my ex a Davis Derringer. You couldn't pull the trigger to make it fire. (You had to pull the hammer back beyond full cock and hold the trigger to make the little .22 LR fire). It was a little POS.

So are you a widower now ?

Heh. First gun bought by us, for Wifey. Gun Broker down in SE had a Jimenez 9mm on the wall. We/she decided on the KelTec PF 9. The thing shot about 3' low at 30'. Being brand new to guns and naive at the time paid $70.00 to ship it. They fixed it, we got it back, sold it! That fast. Shoulda' bought the Jimenez. It wasn't on the list!

The lesson for noobs, don't EVER make your first gun a plastic pocket gun!

ATI / Chiappa had a ar22 that wouldn't make it through a mag without breakng.

Hi point, had a .45 pistol. Heavy , ugly , jam o matic. No +P

Taurus 1911 after owning a Kimber and Springfield I could definitely tell a quality difference. Had problems with jams and shooting to poa. No +P ammo . Unlke the others.

Magnum Research 10/22 knockoff. Had a loose fitting barrel even after sending back. Junk

Keltecs and other $200 plastic pistols. Store owners have told me they wouldn't trust them for SD . Red flag.

I would rather have a 5 year warranty on a firearm that wouldn't get used , like CZ , than a lifetime warranty on a pos I need to send back.

I have a Kimber Classic 1911 that is one of my favorite firearms ever owned. Reliable, super accurate and well made. It's an older one with the mim parts replaced. And all my pistols are plus p rated. Just how I like em.

I don't have anything against the cheaper firearms if they are your thing and you have good luck with them. But my cheaper firearms have had more problems than the spendy ones. Except for the magnum Research 10/22. It was expensive and junk.

Hey, I've got one of those, in .22LR. Never had that problem, but the trigger is a bear. Fun to shoot but not much of a bullseye gun...

Was thinking about a Bond Arms derringer in 45LC, just because I hate myself that much...
Your Avatar is great I just noticed it

Remington. Especially recent 700s and 870s.

Hard to believe that that Remington would make the list. I have 3 older ones that are high quality firearms. Many of the new firearms could make the list . But some like Ruger are doing a little better with cheap and reliable.

I think the 700 and 870 have a great track record over all. When did freedom arms take over ?

Hard to believe that that Remington would make the list. I have 3 older ones that are high quality firearms. Many of the new firearms could make the list . But some like Ruger are doing a little better with cheap and reliable.

I think the 700 and 870 have a great track record over all. When did freedom arms take over ?

Im not sure of the exact date, but Ive had 4 of 6 700s that went back to Remington or had to get some sort of repair to function properly. Two had really bad headspace issues.

2 of 2 870s had really poor fit and finish. Broke extractors on both and had to replace with aftermarket parts.

Im not sure of the exact date, but Ive had 4 of 6 700s that went back to Remington or had to get some sort of repair to function properly. Two had really bad headspace issues.

2 of 2 870s had really poor fit and finish. Broke extractors on both and had to replace with aftermarket parts.

June, 2007 is when Remington was sold to Cerberus aka Freedom Group.
That's when the downfall started.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads