JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish I did also . Is it the parts used or the build quality that is junk on the ones they build
Both. The Polish Sporters had parts that were bad, and combined with their "master craftsmanship" they weren't going to be good.

Radom Poland doesn't mean its from the same factory that makes rifles for their military, there's more than just that factory there.

Florida, South Carolina, some random place in commiefornia it matters not. They still use improper techniques to build their AKs (such as using the barrel as a bucking bar, HUGE no no), and improper steel to cut corners and keep costs low. Just get wasr, and never doubt its ability to outlast you.
View attachment 454300
Yep well bad thing is I didn't do the research on them I didn't find out until after I bought it lol

Don't really bother me I got maybe 1800 Rounds of 7.62/39 and one gun that SHOOTS that cal so if it breaks oh well I got thousands of 5.56 Rounds and 6 gun's that use it I'll just spend the money on more ammo for the 5.56 Rifles lol

I just ordered 520 more rounds of 7.62x39 because Academy had a coupon code for that sort of thing, and free shipping for anything over $99. This is in addition to all the ammo I already had. If anything I need more AKs just to shoot all of it.

When you say ACADEMY do you mean this one lol IMG_20180426_205412.jpg

Alright, so no one else has mentioned it, but that list was last updated 08/05/03, just a mere 15 years ago!!!!
:eek:

I went to the ATF site first, but couldn't find anything like that. Somebody else may have better Google-fu.

The surprise to me was that even the major manufacturers have their issues, while the list stirred up even more questions, like: how many units recalled, the nature of the problem, efficacy of the recall, etc. In the absence of something more comprehensive and current, it was interesting - to me at least.

Bad customer service or an unreliable product will have a correspondingly greater impact on the smaller manufacturer that is trying to establish a market presence, name recognition, and inclusion in product comparisons.

Just checking lol
I went to the ATF site first, but couldn't find anything like that. Somebody else may have better Google-fu.

The surprise to me was that even the major manufacturers have their issues, while the list stirred up even more questions, like: how many units recalled, the nature of the problem, efficacy of the recall, etc. In the absence of something more comprehensive and current, it was interesting - to me at least.

Bad customer service or an unreliable product will have a correspondingly greater impact on the smaller manufacturer that is trying to establish a market presence, name recognition, and inclusion in product comparisons.
Well I looked at the list and when I saw the GLOCK 19 GEN 1 I KNEW IT WAS OLD

Another vote for Kimber.

Beautiful elegant and sleek. Better throw it at a burglar if things get sticky. With that said, I own two that I haven't been able to part with.
Terrible reliability no matter how many supposedly, break in rounds and trips back to the factory you have. o_O

I bought my ex a Davis Derringer. You couldn't pull the trigger to make it fire. (You had to pull the hammer back beyond full cock and hold the trigger to make the little .22 LR fire). It was a little POS.

I bought my ex a Davis Derringer. You couldn't pull the trigger to make it fire. (You had to pull the hammer back beyond full cock and hold the trigger to make the little .22 LR fire). It was a little POS.
Hey, I've got one of those, in .22LR. Never had that problem, but the trigger is a bear. Fun to shoot but not much of a bullseye gun...

Was thinking about a Bond Arms derringer in 45LC, just because I hate myself that much...

Both. The Polish Sporters had parts that were bad, and combined with their "master craftsmanship" they weren't going to be good.

Radom Poland doesn't mean its from the same factory that makes rifles for their military, there's more than just that factory there.

I bought a polish sporter there are 2 factory in radom that are not related in anyway I assumed when it said said polish radom on it it was the military factory aka circle 11. I paid for my education on that one. Lol

Jennings. Got a J-22 from a board member maybe 8 years ago. Thought I could polish that turd. Would have been better to just light the cash on fire instead. One day I might take it to a buy-back just to be rid of it.
I had one I got running decent after i polished everything out and if it was clean.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top