JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not asking about ugly, bad ergonomics, or low perceived value. I want to know this:

What brand you fear would fail you when you need it most?

The taurus thread has me thinking I don't want anyone's money for that level of horrible customer service and there has to be more to just not offer. Future customers will thank you for sparing them a bad purchase.

Taurus, Keltec, certain models of Sig, S&W, and Ruger. Not all are bad but they do make some "lower priced options" that aren't good.

Interesting! I have never fired an IO, but it did not inspire confidence staring at me from its box.
Typically, the only AKs that inspire confidence for me are the commie ones. They don't hide behind fit and finish, they may be loose and look ugly but they work 30 times out of 30 and hit what you aim at!

The Kel-Tec bullpups don't inspire confidence tbh. They felt weird to me. People who have em like em though so maybe they aren't bad and just feel weird.

Tbh these days a lot of guns tend to work the way they are intended so I don't have much of a list myself.

Pre 64 Winchester's... all of em'. Especially JMB designs. Anybody that has one should do themselves a favor and pay me to take them off their hands.;)

Last Edited:
Some of the Black powder arms imported in the 60's and 70's from Spain , mostly the "Jukar" brand , can at the best have some issues and at the worst are best left as "wall hangers"

Please note that I do know that Spain has long and excellent tradition of firearms and firearm making...just as I said some of them , are bad....
Andy

I had a Star .380 that would pinch the heck out of the web of my hand. I ended up trimming the hammer spur.:eek:

My new KelTec P9 would pinch your trigger finger and crater primers, so I sent it back and they made it good.:)

Other than that, every firearm I've ever owned, except the wall hangers went bang when they were supposed to.:D

Some of the Black powder arms imported in the 60's and 70's from Spain , mostly the "Jukar" brand , can at the best have some issues and at the worst are best left as "wall hangers"

Please note that I do know that Spain has long and excellent tradition of firearms and firearm making...just as I said some of them , are bad....
Andy

Glad you said some Andy.:rolleyes:
I had a .50 S.I.L.E. Plains Rifle that was deadly will Maxi Balls. Couldn't hit spit with the round ones though.:(

Wow. Is there a story behind this you can share?

Since everything on the internet is true... there was this one gun expert that showed us the light when he repeatedly declared all Glocks are a POS. They are such bad guns that he hasn't even had to hold or fire one to know how bad they are:rolleyes:.

Mine has gone bang without a hiccup with hundreds of rounds fired, of all kinds, and I love it but I'm going to melt it down just in case it one day has a malfunction:D:p.

Ditto Jennings and pretty much all the related companies; Davis, Phoenix Arms, etc. A Jennings my father owned literal self-destructed (cracked slide, etc.) in my hands on the first box of cartridges. The rest were not that catastrophically bad, but the few I've shot over the years were a pile.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews