JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not asking about ugly, bad ergonomics, or low perceived value. I want to know this:

What brand you fear would fail you when you need it most?

The taurus thread has me thinking I don't want anyone's money for that level of horrible customer service and there has to be more to just not offer. Future customers will thank you for sparing them a bad purchase.

Jeminez and cobra

Pretty much any thing post 1998 Remington and marlin, any post 2004 Colt, and any post FN Winchester or Browning. Any thing imported through Beretta with out the origional manufactures name, and any thing that has to deal with Beretta first for warranty is a no go! Benelli Fanchi, Sako, and Tikka get a wave, they stand on their own despite Beretta!

If the question is fail when you really need it... Hi point track record for reliable operation is as good or better than any other FA out there... sure they are ugly, heavy, and impractical, but they go bang way more often than not.
That said a few more bucks for an EAA witness will give you reliability, and save you the humiliation of owning a hipoint.
I was quite happy with my hipoint carbine, but I reluctantly traded it for a 9mm ar upper and magwell adapter.
My collection is again hipoint free.:(

If the question is fail when you really need it... Hi point track record for reliable operation is as good or better than any other FA out there... sure they are ugly, heavy, and impractical, but they go bang way more often than not.
That said a few more bucks for an EAA witness will give you reliability, and save you the humiliation of owning a hipoint.
I was quite happy with my hipoint carbine, but I reluctantly traded it for a 9mm ar upper and magwell adapter.
My collection is again hipoint free.:(

Smartest decision you ever made. :)

Interesting! I have never fired an IO, but it did not inspire confidence staring at me from its box.
Some of the early IO that was imported were ok . They did import one from radom Poland but it was not from the circle 11 factory. It fell apart in my hands . They imported some recently that came with no stock .bad news

Ditto Jennings and pretty much all the related companies; Davis, Phoenix Arms, etc. A Jennings my father owned literal self-destructed (cracked slide, etc.) in my hands on the first box of cartridges. The rest were not that catastrophically bad, but the few I've shot over the years were a pile.
I had a Davis that the front of the slide blew off. But I have seen some of those mentioned that did hold up and do the job

Jennings. Got a J-22 from a board member maybe 8 years ago. Thought I could polish that turd. Would have been better to just light the cash on fire instead. One day I might take it to a buy-back just to be rid of it.

Some of the early IO that was imported were ok . They did import one from radom Poland but it was not from the circle 11 factory. It fell apart in my hands . They imported some recently that came with no stock .bad news
The Polish Beryls imported by them were okay. The Polish sporter rifles were not, furniture of the sporters are meh (got a take off set on the wasr atm, is okay but surplus is better). Anything they made themselves is crap.

I wish I got one of the beryls.

That right there would make my continued success at my livelyhood less likely and a systems engineer... Yup, it's true, I'm a nerd, through and through...
I am just across the virtual room from you then, I am an application support manager. Not a job you talk about at parties unless you want people to go away!

I have a I.O. also it was pretty cheap but I have never had any PROBLEMS with it .
They say the ones made in South Carolina are the ones that had PROBLEMS then they moved to Florida .mine was made in South Carolina lol but it shoots

We have an IO underfolder, and it's a hoot to shoot. No problems either.

Century Arms RAS line of AKs and their pot metal trunion.

RAS471_1.jpg

The Polish Beryls imported by them were okay. The Polish sporter rifles were not, furniture of the sporters are meh (got a take off set on the wasr atm, is okay but surplus is better). Anything they made themselves is crap.

I wish I got one of the beryls.

I wish I did also . Is it the parts used or the build quality that is junk on the ones they build

I have a I.O. also it was pretty cheap but I have never had any PROBLEMS with it .
They say the ones made in South Carolina are the ones that had PROBLEMS then they moved to Florida .mine was made in South Carolina lol but it shoots
Florida, South Carolina, some random place in commiefornia it matters not. They still use improper techniques to build their AKs (such as using the barrel as a bucking bar, HUGE no no), and improper steel to cut corners and keep costs low. Just get wasr, and never doubt its ability to outlast you.
img_3344-jpg.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top