JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since everything on the internet is true... there was this one gun expert that showed us the light when he repeatedly declared all Glocks are a POS. They are such bad guns that he hasn't even had to hold or fire one to know how bad they are:rolleyes:.

Well thats what you get for believing stuff on the INTERNET. As for me, I always listen to my heeero on SE Foster Road o_O

Interesting! I have never fired an IO, but it did not inspire confidence staring at me from its box.
I have a I.O. also it was pretty cheap but I have never had any PROBLEMS with it .
They say the ones made in North Carolina are the ones that had PROBLEMS then they moved to Florida .mine was made in North Carolina lol but it shoots I had to edit this I said south Carolina it was made in North Carolina

Last Edited:

Happily not a single firearm I own is on this list (handgun or rifle).

Similar to what I posted in another thread about "lemon" guns, I have been fortunate that every firearm I have purchased has gone "bang" when I pulled the trigger. Never had to send one back.

If there is a brand that I think has quality issues it is Kimber and that is because my friend has/had one in 45acp (don't know if he has it anymore) and you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it from the inside. Horribly inaccurate and he send it in a couple of times.

Have not shot any other brand that reeked of garbage to me, but I haven't shot that many 2nd tier firearms either.

ATM, Bersa, Cobra, Hi-Point, Jennings, Jimenez, Kel-Tec, Lorcin, Phoenix, Raven, SCCY, Taurus and the rest of one shot and done cheap pistols.

I like that list except for the SCCY. Mine has around 1200 rounds down it and the only malfunction has been my long monkey fingers hitting the mag release. And one FTE after 400+ rounds without cleaning it.

I'd still trust it, learned a modified grip, but it is a gut gun not a performance or long range shooter.

Anything I made like the pistol in the bottom of the picture...and don't get me started on that old Colt...:eek::D
Andy
DSC06041.jpg

I like that list except for the SCCY. Mine has around 1200 rounds down it and the only malfunction has been my long monkey fingers hitting the mag release. And one FTE after 400+ rounds without cleaning it.

I'd still trust it, learned a modified grip, but it is a gut gun not a performance or long range shooter.

SCCY is one of those pistols that I try to bring myself to like, but just can't. It is smaller and lighter than the coveted SIG P365, but the trigger is pure staplegun. The wife and I rented one and had trouble getting any sort of group at 21 feet. I have seen a few with blown up slides and in one news story where a SCCY was used to ward off a home invader, the pistol jammed after the first shot. I am thinking that the homeowner did not have a good grip due to using it under stress.

SCCY is one of those pistols that I try to bring myself to like, but just can't. It is smaller and lighter than the coveted SIG P365, but the trigger is pure staplegun. The wife and I rented one and had trouble getting any sort of group at 21 feet. I have seen a few with blown up slides and in one news story where a SCCY was used to ward off a home invader, the pistol jammed after the first shot. I am thinking that the homeowner did not have a good grip due to using it under stress.

Mines a gen 1 and yea the trigger is horrible. My groups tighten up during rapid fire but trying to slow and steady it isn't ideal.

If I only had $200 I'd buy a shotgun. If I had to have a pistol instead then I'd take a SCCY over most in that price range - not counting the really good sales on stuff like the shield etc.

I know 2 people who own SCCYs, and while the triggers are not the best both are reliable. I suspect the issues with them, or Taurus, or kel tec are more QC related than pure design. If you can get one you can thoroughly test to make sure it is reliable you should be fine.

As long as the company has good a good customer service record I usually have no problem being a Guinea pig for new designs. I doubt I would carry one though personally.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top