JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
giphy.gif

I neglected to mention: I practice a few 'retention shots' too, even though with double hearing protection, that is custom in ear plugs over which I wear Impact Sport electronic range muffs, retention shots are still tough on my ears, thus I only practice a few of these and not real often...

With a pistol, I'll generally start at 5 yards. Draw, fire one round center mass while stepping off-line, reholster x10. Same at 10 yards x5. Same at 15 yards x5. Total 20 rounds.

Back to 5 yards, draw and fire a quick controlled pair center mass while stepping off-line, reholster x5. Same at 10 yards x5. Same at 15 Yards x5. Total 30 rounds.

At 5 yards, draw and fire hammer pairs center mass and one to the head, reholster x10. Total 30 rounds.

At 3 yards, draw and fire hammer pairs to the head, strong-hand only, reholster x10. Do this starting square to the target, switch to 3 O'clock, switch to 9 O'clock, and then 6 O'clock. Total 20 rounds.

Then, I'll burn up some rounds shooting on the move and also failure drills such as climbing the ladder and shooting the hips.

I really like to shoot on the move using barriers and cover. We set up false walls and practice entries and pieing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top