JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
giphy.gif

I neglected to mention: I practice a few 'retention shots' too, even though with double hearing protection, that is custom in ear plugs over which I wear Impact Sport electronic range muffs, retention shots are still tough on my ears, thus I only practice a few of these and not real often...

With a pistol, I'll generally start at 5 yards. Draw, fire one round center mass while stepping off-line, reholster x10. Same at 10 yards x5. Same at 15 yards x5. Total 20 rounds.

Back to 5 yards, draw and fire a quick controlled pair center mass while stepping off-line, reholster x5. Same at 10 yards x5. Same at 15 Yards x5. Total 30 rounds.

At 5 yards, draw and fire hammer pairs center mass and one to the head, reholster x10. Total 30 rounds.

At 3 yards, draw and fire hammer pairs to the head, strong-hand only, reholster x10. Do this starting square to the target, switch to 3 O'clock, switch to 9 O'clock, and then 6 O'clock. Total 20 rounds.

Then, I'll burn up some rounds shooting on the move and also failure drills such as climbing the ladder and shooting the hips.

I really like to shoot on the move using barriers and cover. We set up false walls and practice entries and pieing.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top