JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if this is in the correct category.....

This upsets me so very much. Having lived on 112 acres in PA and created a safe back stop for shooting, I hope that town never does this, or any other place. If you own safe space to shoot, watch out!

It's amazing how many of the Northeast states have abandoned the Constitution, considering that they were part of the original 13. I guess it's a harbinger of a fallen Republic.

It's time for accountability. I hate to say it and sound like a radical maniac but seriously these people need to be held accountable or else stuff like this is going to keep happening. Until the lawmakers and politicians who are pushing this kind of crap are truly held accountable it won't stop. Line em up

Seems like you might want to follow zoning and/or permitting laws when you are starting a business. Especially a loud one.

Of course, if someone built an unpermitted dental instrument factory next to your house, and you didn't like the noise of dental instruments being constructed - no one here would turn into an anti-dentite. Right? Because you don't have expectations of peace and quiet in the country.

Seems like you might want to follow zoning and/or permitting laws when you are starting a business. Especially a loud one.

Of course, if someone built an unpermitted dental instrument factory next to your house, and you didn't like the noise of dental instruments being constructed - no one here would turn into an anti-dentite. Right? Because you don't have expectations of peace and quiet in the country.
Seems like you should get more in the habit of reading the articles and getting the facts before commenting. Kinda hard to troll effectively when you don't know the basics of a situation, hu. 👍

He did. The ninny's who didn't like the noise first tried to get the city to change the zoning laws to shut down his range... and when that didn't work... they petitioned a state governmental official to specifically draft and pass new legislation that would allow them to shut him down.

Seems like you should get more in the habit of reading the articles and getting the facts before commenting. Kinda hard to troll effectively when you don't know the basics of a situation, hu. 👍

He did. The ninny's who didn't like the noise first tried to get the city to change the zoning laws to shut down his range... and when that didn't work... they petitioned a state governmental official to specifically draft and pass new legislation that would allow them to shut him down.
Yes, basically influential community members dialed in a favor to their state senator who in turn got legislation drafted and passed concerning "militia".

Yes, basically influential community members dialed in a favor to their state senator who in turn got legislation drafted and passed concerning "militia".
Precisely. It never became a zoning violation issue. Basically declared his range a now illegal para-military training facility. And the threat of jail wasn't even for that, but a contempt of court charge for demonstrating his unwillingness to comply with tearing his range out.'

They got him on his out buildings, too... although... those "appear" to have been an actual violation for construction without proper approval. Long gone are the days when a man was free to do as he pleased on his own property. I don't think they teach "MYOFB", anymore. 🤪

Ammoland article on the subject
Ammoland - Vt Gun Range

The bigger issue is the law that was enacted in Vermont regarding firearms training as a result of this dispute. Oregon HB 2572, awaiting the Governors signature, is similar legislation as Vermont's regarding "paramilitary" firearm training. These attacks on the Constitution are a coordinated effort, sponsored by a couple of anti-gun groups. They even have the usual shills obfuscating the situation on various forums.

So the buildings were permitted and the lawyer was wrong?

So the buildings were permitted and the lawyer was wrong?
Making the stretch to gaslight get's your rocks off, does it? :s0140:

If you seriously can't wrap your head around it with your supposed "superior to all intellect" you're so fond of trying to tell us all... try reading! The buildings were a minor side issue (not even related to any zoning issue) and had nothing to do with the range, the attempted rezoning, the legislation, the court order, the contempt charge nor the threat of arrest and jail time.

But you do you... my troll meter has run dry for the day.🤪

I have to wonder how many people who beat the drum about "1776" and "what we did to the British" and "held to account" are willing to take the first literal shot? Or be in the front of the line of militiamen matching toward the cannons stuffed with grape shot and how many wild just prefer someone else do it for them? You know, because they "don't have the time" or have "too much to lose" etc.

Not calling anyone out, just asking questions

Making the stretch to gaslight get's your rocks off, does it? :s0140:

If you seriously can't wrap your head around it with your supposed "superior to all intellect" you're so fond of trying to tell us all... try reading! The buildings were a minor side issue (not even related to any zoning issue) and had nothing to do with the range, the attempted rezoning, the legislation, the court order, the contempt charge nor the threat of arrest and jail time.

But you do you... my troll meter has run dry for the day.🤪
Ah, I see you are confused.

The point I was making was that if you are going to start a business your neighbors are going to hate, you ought to have all your legal bases covered so they can't go after any possible misuse of the property. Zoning, permits, drainage, noise abatement, etc. Shooting ranges, race tracks and airports always get this kind of reaction, even when they were there first. I ran an airport so I speak from experience.

It sounds like the contempt charge that would lead to jail is solely for the unpermitted structures, not the rest.

I have to wonder how many people who beat the drum about "1776" and "what we did to the British" and "held to account" are willing to take the first literal shot? Or be in the front of the line of militiamen matching toward the cannons stuffed with grape shot and how many wild just prefer someone else do it for them? You know, because they "don't have the time" or have "too much to lose" etc.

Not calling anyone out, just asking questions
I don't disagree. I think many are "comfortable" to sit it out.... until... someone else leads the charge. From there... I believe many would be motivated to act, but would require a major catalyst. Just like some of the situations we've seen in the past. Like the ranchers water rights issue. No one did much of diddly until the situation perked over. Once some folks decided to make a stand there where many others that travelled distances to stand with them.

I know too the rhetoric from Brandon and his ilk... IE., "what is your AR15 going to do against my F15's". I think people forget that if a revolution came to the US... and as history has already taught us... many of our military would divide and stand against tyranny. The question then becomes... "what are your AR15's and US military assets... and their F15's going to do against "my" F15's?".

It is not in any sense a forgone conclusion that it would be "the people" against a united military. Let's get real... do you really believe that if the country became so divided between "woke" and "republic" that places like... say... the Texas national guard and their other military assets would actually obey the goober in chiefs order to attack US citizens would be obeyed?

Frankly. I believe they are fully aware of that and mainly what they are so afraid of. To ensure power and control of the populace... disarmament is the only option.

So…rich people bought the system to get their way?

Nothing to see here. USA's system is working exactly as designed.
QFT!! There was a nice little private range in north Phx back in the 90's. A developer wanted to build trac homes but couldn't get the permits because it was behind the range. So he applied for a quarry permit, tore down the hill on his property that was the secondary backstop and petitioned to get the range shut down as a danger to his quarry operation and once the range closed he closed the quarry operation and applied to rezone his property for single family homes.

The range tried to fight it but all the money from the quarry operation was basically free cash to the developer so he could buy more and better lawyers

Sacramento International Airport has been in the exact same spot for over 50 years and now the new housing developments are under the flight path on approach and take off. The new owners are trying to sue the Airport saying they didn't know it would be that loud when they bought the place, and the sad part is- they might win!

It's amazing how many of the Northeast states have abandoned the Constitution, considering that they were part of the original 13. I guess it's a harbinger of a fallen Republic.
Consider also that the location of the Garden of Eden is now nothing more than a wasted desert occupied by devilish savages…. it's almost like someone (or something) is trying to erase all evidence of amazing beginnings and what once was.

:s0131:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews