JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No joke.

Or quad rails are "too heavy" that's why I run Mlok. How about loose the spare tires around your waist, run, and lift some weights.

Addressing symptoms through gear vs. solving the issue at its core.

View attachment 1386090
I mostly agree, that being said I did switch back to M-Lok recently
Taran tactical
Lucas Botkin
Colion Noir

And all those stupid "gotcha" guns and gear legal channels that make money off scaring the 2A community.
"The new (insert gun here) reminds me of a Porsche Panamera…" - Colion Probabaly.

Guy shills tough for FN, and Leupold. Still, he is one of those "entry level" guntubers that is good for getting new people into guns. My early days of 2A I watched a lot of Colion, Hickcock45, and Demo ranch until I got more into it and moved on from those guys all together. Still love Hickcock45 though but his vids put me to sleep haha.

I will say Colion is a helpful retort to ignorant lefties who claim 2A is racist or that it only helps white people own guns.

At least learn how to use a TQ.
I know it's a little over said, however there are some people who think a tourniquet will help with a head wound. The lightbulb goes on once you explain why that's a bad idea... Like they couldn't figure that part out without aid

I know it's a little over said, however there are some people who think a tourniquet will help with a head wound. The lightbulb goes on once you explain why that's a bad idea... Like they couldn't figure that part out without aid
Just put the TQ around the neck….. what could go wrong?

After reading through this list of peeves, most have been covered. These then might just be mine, maybe not.
Whisky Tahoe here handing out :What The ...?" or WT? awards.

Gun Trades... WT?,
List a price then go buy something when your gun sells. Of course I can't see selling a gun either.
I had to have it when I bought it so I think I'll keep it.

Price gouging in the classifieds. Mostly covered already but this deserves a little more spittle so to speak.
No your Glock has not gone up in value. No your primers are not worth .15 apiece either. WT? to you both.

Expensive rimfire ammunition. Why does 17HMR and 22Mag have to be so expensive?
Same applies to the .410 and don't forget the "legal" hunting 12 gauge ammo that runs over $5 a shell.
Another WT?

Why hasn't somebody made a durable 22LR snap cap? WT?
Dry firing a 22 is normally bad for the chamber, so there is a pent up market for people
who want to practice dry firing their 22s. I have gotten by with used 22 brass but it doesn't feed worth a crap.

People who buy a house or property next to a gun range that has been there for the last 80 years then complaining about it. Yup those folks are special... They get a WT?

Promags that won't feed. Yes they are cheap and should be avoided but why go to all the trouble to make a magazine but fall on your face when it comes to it actually working. WT?

People with no sense of brass discipline WT?
If your gun is spraying me with your brass, go get a screen.
No it isn't funny, and something tells me karma has plans for you.

Finally, why is the OSP so slow at clearing BGCs. Other states have it figured out. WT?
Re snap caps for 22, you probably tried it already but the plastic yellow wall anchors work great for 22lr and will feed in some guns. The white anchors work well for 22 mag. In revolvers I rotate them so it doesn't always hit in the same spot and break the anchor.

First day on the internet?
Sure, whatever.

I was simply trying to communicate that I have more pet peeves about some types of gun-owners than I have firearms-related pet peeves. And yes, since the advent of the internet and social media, it's gotten worse. Back when I was coming up, the oldsters at deer camp, the range, the local gunshop would typically take younger or new shooters under their wing. Yeah, there was the brand-bias back then, disparaging of other brands, and just as much misinformation out there, but it was mostly delivered in a much less critical manner with much more mentoring going on and a lot of benefit of the doubt.

There is so much posturing, so much closed-mindedness, so much self-righteousness and so many who waste more keystrokes and bandwidth trying to invalidate the firearms (or attire, or equipment/accessories, training/lack of training) choices of others. Lots of moral superiority on display, lots of criticism, sanctimonious and self-satisfied attitudes that often turn into plain mean-spiritedness. It's on this forum, and many others. It's why I don't often get involved in discussions that start with a serious topic and then devolve into one-upping and attempts to come up with the best pithy one-liner. (Which is not to say I don't appreciate the humorous threads, the from-the-start frivolous threads or any threads talking poop about moronic liberal anti-gun folk, because they can be fun threads.)

I see more mocking of new-gunowners (particularly since the pandemic gun-buying spree by first-time buyers) that I see efforts to bring these folks onboard, teach and mentor them. There's an "I got mine" attitude that comes out. Then there's the stupid criticism of people who are viewed as trying to dress or act tactical, when all they're trying to do is fit in. Did we all buy the best guns and equipment when we started? Were all of our choices great?

And don't dare make fun of me for my awesome "shoot-me-first" photographers/safari vest. I look great in it, and it's got like eleventy-hundred pockets.

I can be somewhat OCD myself but i was taught to only rack 3 times when practicing malfunction drills. You only need 3 data points to determine an average.
IDK why anyone would rack the slide so many times outside of a malfunction drill and it is silly to watch in the youtube "experts"...
I totally get that. I suppose 2-3 times with a visual chamber check ensures there is no stuck case, which depending on the tightness of the chamber and possible oil run off or extractor issues CAN happen if all a person does is one slide check.
Range theatrics-

"Scanning"

Punching the gun out, shooting twice and then pulling the gun back to the chest.

Or the - "I don't need to train cause when my adrenaline kicks in I'll know exactly what to do. And no one can stop me."
^110% that stuff is larping to the max.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads