JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read the political climate of Idaho differently. On the state level, I expect it to remain the most conservative state in the west. Larger cities like Boise being more liberal.
The biggest concern most Idaho politicians have is being primaried by another politician farther to the right.
Do you see Idaho going the same way as OR and WA where almost all of the state are conservative but the high population liberal urban centers outvote and dominate everything?

I read the political climate of Idaho differently. On the state level, I expect it to remain the most conservative state in the west. Larger cities like Boise being more liberal.
The biggest concern most Idaho politicians have is being primaried by another politician farther to the right.
I guess time will tell. Liberal/progressive ideology doesn't stop at state lines. It bleeds through.

Just a matter of time.

Do you see Idaho going the same way as OR and WA where almost all of the state are conservative but the high population liberal urban centers outvote and dominate everything?
That is a interesting point, but I don't follow Idaho politics closely enough to know.
As you are aware the large amount of liberal voters in the Puget Sound area ends up controlling state politics because they produce more votes than conservative votes that make up the majority land mass of Washington. Same thing occurs in Oregon...
As others mentioned only time will tell regarding Idaho. Personally my guess is no, I don't think the average liberal voter wants to move to Idaho anymore than the average conservative wants to move to Washington or Oregon... There are always exceptions because of employment, housing costs ect. both ways.

Carbon fiber barrels. Everyone and their brother say it's the way to go. They do not hold up to real world heavy use. A week in the truck hunting with all your other gear, dogs, etc. they will get beat to hell, chip, etc.

What firearms related things/trends/etc. really grind your gears? Bring out the autistic rage within? Make you wince in judgment and cringe? Post em here if you please, and discuss.

I'll start with one, people putting compact style weapon lights on full size handguns. Like putting a Streamlight TLR-7a on a Glock 17 or something like that. I feel like it's usally the compact Olights on like a full size P320 that i see on reddit. (Olights are a whole other thing too lol). I hate it so much 😂

What are ya'lls gun pet peeves? I will extend this to accessories, tactical gear, w/e.
When ppl trip about if this 45/70 has a "JM" stamp on it or nah???

..Stand on the other end of my 600+ issue-free rounds and tell me if it matters…

While cleaning up my bench, I picked up a full container of RCBS case lube and the bottom fell off. It looked like the plastic container had fractured from age. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ever tried to wipe that @!#**^# stuff off of things? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last Edited:
Basic training firearms instructor not understanding the fundamentals of bullet trajectory.
I made the mistake of saying something along the lines of "that's not possible" after he told my class how a bullet rises, falls and rises again before it hits its target.
Yep, I was a lot younger then and didn't realize the wisdom of not pointing out people's stupidity in front of others!

In Boot Camp I was shooting 500 yards prone, directly into a 20-25 knot wind and I swear turbulence was lifting the bullets up in front of the butts, as they would often hit several inches high if I fired during a gust of wind. :s0092:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR