JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun safes appear to be sized by the number of barrel notches they have, not rifles they will hold.

But a couple of weeks ago I asked about a 12 gun display safe that had 8 notches. The clerk said there was room for 4 pistols on the shelf.

Bruce

Probably gonna ruffle some feathers here, but.....optics on handguns. It's the dumbest fad I've seen in ages. It's not a rifle! It's supposed to be easy to carry....making a carry gun bigger by putting a giant optic on it defeats the purpose. Now some gun companies are starting to make guns with wider slides (Walther PDP) to accommodate an optic. Ridiculousness.

Another one is putting suppressor or optic-height sights on a pistol from the factory, and then expecting ME to replace them with something normal. F- you, seriously.
While I'll agree that for me concealed carry guns don't need opitcs, but that's not all I do with hand guns. I compete, hunt, and target shoot as well. I've had the same 2x Nikon scope on every thing from my Hammeilli Trailside 22 cal bullseye gun, a bunch of tompson contenders and now on my 480 Ruger.

What's wrong with 30rd mags and body armor? Honestly curious
Oh, I don't suppose there is anything wrong with civilians wanting or having them. I really don't want to push any more buttons on this subject, but. I think there are a couple of dynamics that cause certain civilians to want them. (1) Paramilitary posing, and (2) Extreme views on the likelihood of need. I don't know that many people who own body armor. However, the ones I do know tend to be borderline paranoid about what the future holds. They tend to view the world in terms of doom and conspiracy on all fronts. And they may be right, I just don't happen to hold their views.

30 round mags are no big deal, pretty common to people who own AR's, I'd think. But I don't personally see a need for 40 or 50 of them. As some people do. I have a couple of AR's, and I have two each 30 round mags. Which I never use. I shoot AR's nearly exclusively with 20 round mags, which I load with 10 rounds at a time. For recreational shooting, that's sufficient for me. In fact, in my battery of firearms, I have more single shots than any other action type.

One last observation. I've been around a fair time and have known quite a few gun enthusiasts who were also survivalists, or what we'd now call preppers. The perceived need for firearms and survival goods and gear seem to go together in some minds. I've noticed that some of the people who were rabid survivalists at age 25 have mellowed out on the subject at, say, age 65 or 70. Some have made comments like, "I can't believe I used to buy all that stuff." Yet a few have doubled down. Their belief in the need for these things is stronger than ever. A couple are what I'd call Right Wing Anarchists. They actually crave the action of a societal collapse; they live for the day when their beliefs might be validated. I try to keep to a more even strain in my worldview.

These are just my opinions, that's what these threads are about. I'm fine with others doing as they please.

Wow!
Are you guys reading what is being posted in this forum? Sounds like a bunch of pettiness to me.
Sorry,but I have too much to do to worry about how someone puts a light on their pistol or cheap aftermarket accessories on their rifles. I would rather discuss hunting stories!

People who don't understand that not carrying one in the chamber is like saying, "I'll put the seatbelt on when I have an accident."

AF99CD4F-AF8D-4644-8519-7882A63DEDD5.jpeg

Wow!
Are you guys reading what is being posted in this forum? Sounds like a bunch of pettiness to me.
Sorry,but I have too much to do to worry about how someone puts a light on their pistol or cheap aftermarket accessories on their rifles. I would rather discuss hunting stories!
So what I see you saying is, the "Pettiness" of firearm owners is YOUR firearms related pet peeve?

Gotcha! :s0155:

I hate walking into a gun store and looking through the glass and seeing 400 pistols that all look 100% identical with slight color variations. It bothers the bubblegum out of me.

When there's a gun I've been thinking about buying, I have cash in my pocket and the gun store I went to has the exact make/model/chambering I liked so now my bluff has been called and I have to buy it.

Retail chain sports stores (store policy) that require a LE response before releasing semi auto platforms. Instead of honoring state law release "waiting" periods. It's just that the local LE didn't have time to do your BGC…. Or ignored it all together….. whatever tin hat you want to have on that day.

Wow!
So make that thread, probably a few going already. I'm going back to being petty.

So one of my "petty" pet peeves is when I ask someone "So what gun(s) are you bringing" or "What gun(s) do you own." and the answer is ".30-06" or "45". MmmmKay. :rolleyes:
Or they think every black polymer handgun is instantly a Glock….

And when they show you is a XD or M&P but they never knew there was a difference. Lol.

"Basically new" or "like new" I only put a box of ammo through it.

Guess what that means it's used and not worth what you paid for it. Sorry, you're gunna take a hit.

Or

Individuals who will attempt to trade their item for yours. Even though theirs is way less in value but they try and bicker on your value but refuse to budge on theirs or add cash.

Buyers remorse is a b!tch. You're not getting what you paid for it. Sorry. Don't complain it doesn't move. It's simply not worth what you think it is.

DIY stipple jobs.

And then bumping up the price because the gun has been "stippled" even though your frame now looks like it has teenage acne.

Might as well cut about $250.00 off the price. Cause that's how much I'll have to pay for a new frame.

Edit. "Custom stippling job" on polymer grip panels :rolleyes:

DIY stipple jobs.

And then bumping up the price because the gun has been "stippled" even though your frame now looks like it has teenage acne.

Might as well cut about $250.00 off the price. Cause that's how much I'll have to pay for a new frame.
I think I said that first...:p

Sellers and buyers not willing to actually haggle for prices.
Haggle sounds awful close to haggis...:eek: :D
Personally , don't care for either.

However...
I do know from years of firearm trading and selling...Haggling is a time honored tradition...and one to be expected in most cases.
As for me...
I can either buy it at the offered price or I can't...
If asked why I ain't buying the item...I will be honest with my : I like it...but can't afford it answer.
Or...if it is a case of an overpriced item...
I may , depending on the situation say something about that , politely.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads