JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1936 Sauer made K98,vet bringback.
Matching numbers except the bolt,which has matching numbers to itself.
Pretty typical of bringbacks..

20171210_103833.jpg 20171210_103843.jpg 20171210_104001.jpg

Sort of a funny side story on those two: I shot both today on the home range. The Cimarron, after one shot, became unusable. I blasted through an entire box of factory ammo with the Enfield with nary a hiccup. When I hiked back down to the house I relayed the results to the Mrs said something like "the brand new wheelgun doesn't work and is headed back for repair. The 80+ year old, beat up, revolver that survived the Second World War, had its barrel shortened at some point and the sight rewelded, however, worked fine. Go figure." ;)

IMG_4266.JPG IMG_4267.JPG IMG_4268.JPG IMG_4269.JPG IMG_4260.JPG

My mod. 12 riot was made in 1961( EDIT:the guy that sold it to me was wrong... it's actually a 1949) so it's well over 50...and historically significant because it was an LE/security gun(It just followed me home from the gunshow today)
The M97(still under construction) wasn't always a trench gun, but its as C&R as I got...
The 1917 Bayo is most certainly a C&R accessory... it even has a Maxim first pattern scabbard... too bad it's the wrong scabbard for an M97.

Last Edited:
An assortment of lanyard rings with some interesting lanyard ring mounts :)
I like lanyard rings even though I've never bothered to use a lanyard. But IF I needed one...
Old War Horses
DSCF1426.JPG
Starting top left, left to right:
Austrian 1912 Steyr Hahn, 9mm Steyr
USGI Colt 1911A1, .45ACP
1917 Erfurt Luger, 9mm Parabellum (brought home by my Great Uncle after his all expense paid tour of France in 1917-18 where he got to operate ambulances during fireworks displays and got to smell the savory mustard gas. Some fun I'll bet :eek:)

Second row:
Hungarian Frommer Stop, .32 ACP
Spanish Astra 600 made for Germany during WW2, 9mm Para
German Walther P38, 9mm Para.
Third row: Japanese Type 94, 8mm Nambu
Russian 1895 Mosin-Nagant 7.62x38R
Swedish 1940 Lahti (Husqvarna), 9mm Para.

Fourth row:
M1934 Beretta, 9mm Corto (.380ACP)
Webley MK VI dated 1918. Originally in .455 Webley, sadly, this one had the cylinder back faced off to allow .45ACP in half moon clips. Need to get some .45 AutoRim cases so I can down load for it without mixing up my standard .45 ACP loads. Not that I shoot it much.

A lot of history there. Hopefully, if any of them ever were, they'll never again be fired in anger.

Todays score, and one that makes me really smile, a lot! An All original Shooter grade MK-4 Frontier Carbine Colt Revolving rifle! .44 B.P. with the longer cylinder and faster twist, shorter barrel. Came with all accessories as delivered in the factory kit, including 5 molds covering all .44 bullets used during this rifles time, and 4 extra cylinders for an old school speed load! Cant wait to shoot it and see how the grand old lady dances! Should be a hoot! Think .44 Magnum in a lever rifle, that's pretty close to what these can do! 51_0.jpg

These were pretty revolutionary in there day, the first practical repeating rifle that was light and handy, and pretty easy to use and to load in the field or in combat! VERY robust design, and tunable. These were the first true assault rifle in every sense and that makes for a pretty cool legacy. Col. Colt really was ahead of his time, and the craftsmanship and skill really shows in these. sadly, history bypassed these when the more modern repeaters came along with there fancy self contained cartridges and lightning fast lever actions. power and accuracy hadn't improved any over the older Colt, but they were faster and easier to load and care for, and were pretty low effort arms to keep and maintain! The MK-4 were truly Col. Colts finest rifle, and had many innovations that were meant to keep the rifles relevant long after the replacements came along. as good as these were in the hands of the Army, they really came into their own with the hunters and settlers as THE rifle to have. Accuracy is surprisingly quite good, and performance was better then many of the newer rifles that replaced it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top