JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I'll soon be moving to a different state here in the NW, will my C&R still be valid? If not when does it 'expire' (as soon as I cross the border or ... ex-days after, or as soon as the original licensing date runs out?

Thanks

You just send in an address form (I recommend faxing) and then you wait till an updated copy shows up. Expiration date will be the same.

If you happen to be moving to Oregon, your C&R will be invalid. Oregon's Universal Background Check law states all gun transactions have to go via an FFL dealer. A C&R is not a dealers license. It is a collectors license only.

Your C&R will still be valid even if you live in Oregon as it's a Federal license.

However, as previously mentioned, it will be if little value for transactions within Oregon as they have placed additional requirements on transfers (namely the dealer BGC). This renders the license pretty much useless since the main reason most hold C&R is to legally bypass the Federal BGC requirement. You are still held to any state level requirements regardless.

The C&R would still be useful for transactions you conduct out of Oregon's jurisdiction.

If you happen to be moving to Oregon, your C&R will be invalid. Oregon's Universal Background Check law states all gun transactions have to go via an FFL dealer. A C&R is not a dealers license. It is a collectors license only.
1. Still perfectly usable outside of oregon.
2. All up to interpretation, there are establishments within the state that will honor a C&R but it is a grey area for sure.

Last Edited:
1. Still perfectly usable outside of oregon.
2. All up to interpretation, there are establishments within the state that will honor a C&R.
I'm not sure on that one. I was a Hawaii resident for a spell, had the long gun permit and whatnot. I bought a gun in Oregon, not planning on bringing it back to Hawaii, and did not bring the permit with me. After purchasing, Cabela's made me return it since I didn't have the permit with me. Their response was that the AFT said they had to.

I'm not sure on that one. I was a Hawaii resident for a spell, had the long gun permit and whatnot. I bought a gun in Oregon, not planning on bringing it back to Hawaii, and did not bring the permit with me. After purchasing, Cabela's made me return it since I didn't have the permit with me. Their response was that the AFT said they had to.
By "long gun permit" do you mean a federal 03 FFL or something else?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top