JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This one has me baffled. I can't find any comps on the internet. Apparently SIG did not make many muzzleloaders, but of the ones I found, this is different.

Maybe a prototype..?

Thanks for your help with this.

sig24.jpg sig25.jpg sig13.jpg sig8.jpg sig14.jpg sig15.jpg sig20.jpg sig 18.jpg sig1.jpg sig4.jpg

Looks like it could be a Swiss pattern 1842 Rifled Musket...or one of its variants....
The trigger guard and lock plate don't quite match the 1842 Model.
That said...changes were done to this model over the years...and it could even be a private purchase variant.
Andy

The trigger guard matches those found the 1851 / 1856 models of this Rifled Musket...as does the lock plate.
So I would guess that it is a later Swiss variant of the original 1842 Rifled Musket.
Andy

Thanks, Andy......! I will check that out and see if I can find a match.

I'm also checking out the "Struve-Reardon Gevar" SrG too. The gun was made in Schaffhausen I believe, where SIG had a factory.?

More research needed....thanks..!

Craig

That's very possible. There is a SIG museum in New Hampshire and I might send them a note to see if they have seen my version of their gun.

Thanks, again...!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top