JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone should suggest to her that she keep the rifle on her shoulder , when working the bolt on a bolt action rifle...

neat video with lots of interesting guns and good trigger finger discipline.
Andy
True. But she is just showing the rifle/gun.. not practical/advised technique. She seems to have a steady hand. good job on her and to that channel.. the first one I watched there.. heard about it though
I liked the Lewis on full and the anti-tank rifle so far. awesome

Here is one of the rarer Carcani (that's the correct plural form of the singular "Carcano" in Italian) short rifles around. A M91-24 Moschetto per Truppe Speciali or M91-24 Carbine for Special Troops. "Special Troops," in the Italian universe meant engineers, bicycle troops, artillery, and the like.

The rifle - or, literally, "musket" if you prefer the direct translation, although "moschetto" has a meaning of "carbine" in Italian and not of an un-rifled arm obviously - was one of 263,000 made up from M91 long rifles in the 1924-1928 time frame as Italy began to re-arm, post-WWI, in the years immediately following Mussolini's successful march on Rome.

Originally the gun had a much longer barrel and did not have a full-length hand-guard. The receiver was produced by MIDA, Brescia - a brief manufacturer of the M91 rifle in the final year of the Great War, and also a builder of component parts - and was assembled at FARE Terni in 1917. The asterisk - similar to a British "star" marking on a Lee-Enfield - was placed next to the "1917" original M91 build-date to indicate excessive wear due to the gain-twist rifling used. In 1928 the rifle was cut down into "Moschetto per Truppe Speciali" length at FARE Terni as part of the M91-24 conversion program. This particular rifle does not have the stepped barrel indicative of a brazed barrel sleeve as was the method of conversion on some early M91-24's. Those are usually also marked "tubata" or "tubed" as well. In this case the original M91 barrel was simply cut off and shortened to "moschetto" length.

The round it fires remains the 6.5X52mm Carcano service round with a round-nosed bullet.....less aerodynamic than most spitzer bullet loads but possessing a much longer bearing surface which made it much more stable in flight if slightly slower.

A purpose-built "per Truppe Speciali" carbine was first introduced in 1893 and another one would follow the stop-gap M91-24 in 1928 and would be used with a unique tandem-style rifle grenade launcher that used the rifle bolt and a live round to fire finned grenades through means of a highly over-built bullet-trap/grenade firing chamber.

Further "TS Carbines" - as they are known to collectors - would be produced in 1938 - one in standard 6.5X52mm and another in the briefly adopted 7.35X51mm. The latter cartridge - incidentally - being the first and last military bullet to measure precisely groove-to-groove .300.

A variant that is not seen very often anyway.

DSC01053.JPG DSC01054.JPG DSC01055.JPG

Last Edited:
Ishapore 762mm 2A R.F.I. 1964
Stamping says INDIA N.I.LLC W.Hurley NY
It's in amazing condition except for a buggered screw on the trigger guard and some temporary screws on the butt plate. Honestly, this thing has been sitting in my closet for well over 10 years now. Maybe I'll take it out and shoot it now. :)

View attachment 302663 View attachment 302664 View attachment 302665 View attachment 302666 View attachment 302667 View attachment 302668 View attachment 302669 View attachment 302670 View attachment 302671 View attachment 302672 View attachment 302673
Man, that rifle is just calling me. Just really strikes my fancy, and a beautiful example.
If only in 30-06....I've been doing my best not to open the .308 door.

Why do you call that a Model 11? It's a M&P probably a Victory Model.
Why do you call that a Model 11? It's a M&P probably a Victory Model.
It was made for Britain prior to our involvement in WW2. Its marked US Property because of how lend/lease worked at that time. S&W called it a model 11, chambered in .38/200 (.38 S&W in the US) with a 5" barrel. Very similar to a Victory but not the same

It was made for Britain prior to our involvement in WW2. Its marked US Property because of how lend/lease worked at that time. S&W called it a model 11, chambered in .38/200 (.38 S&W in the US) with a 5" barrel. Very similar to a Victory but not the same
I know what you are saying. But, I'm wondering Is yours marked Model 11 under the crane?

Not marked as a model 11 but everything I've seen refers to these as a model 11
I had a feeling that was what you were going to say. It's not "official" just something to call those Guns. Most of them are pre Victory, Lend Lease M&PS in the British .38 S&W chambering. The -200 refers to the bullet weight specific to the British Guns. The Standard .38 S&W was around 150grs. and much more pleasant to shoot. Thanks for the reply.

'kay, Mikej - I thought that my contributions to this thread had just about died away, hence my comment. However, I just found this on YT -

I know that Eric tries to keep things on a level playing by telling things how they are, but telling people how incredibly expensive it is to reload .43 Spanish just ain't so. Brass is readily available from Bertram Brass, and bullets are, too, if are happy to cast. They don't need a gas check, either. Dies might be a problem, but hey, nothing is free these days.

Pal of mine here shoots his long rifle in this calibre, and it's a sweetie, easily holding inside five inches at 100m - plenty good enough for minute of furriner.

tac
Cost and availability were considerations when I had the rifle maker modify the breech block for centerfire and re-chamber my #1 Remington rolling block sporter for .38 spc/.357 mag. The original .38 Long rimfire cartridges are hard to come by. I get about the same accuracy with its 28 inch barrel.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top