JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have you got some favorites which you would like to share? How about some show and tell?

Here's my latest acquisition; a CSZ M98/22 purchased from a NWF member. A Turk contract rifle, 8mm Mauser with a 98 action, mostly matching numbers except for the buttplate and bolt. Metal is all in the white except underneath the wood. Bore is in VG condition. I'm looking forward to some range time with her to see how well she patterns.

czechmauser014_zpsc0ed3b06.jpg czechmauser003_zps0c5bd062.jpg

Winchester model 74 semi-auto .22LR 1939 - 1955
I like the heavy stocks and longer barrels. The one with the vintage 3/4" scope is in mint condition its just to bad someone drilled and tapped the receiver. The other one is a little dinged up 25% blue loss, both rifles are great shooters and quite accurate

DSCI2109.JPG DSCI2113.JPG DSCI2137.JPG

Last Edited:
Usually 'C&R' means 'surplus', but I'm digging these old civilian C&Rs :) .

My Dad has a 100 yr+ old Quackenbush 'Safety Rifle' in .22 LR, L, S. I don't have a picture, but here's a link. His is identical to the bottom one. It is a single shot breechloader. The breech swings to the side, you put the cartridge in, close the breech, pull back the charging handle (one or two clicks...not sure what the design intent of that is :confused:) and shoot.

http://www.quackenbush.com/hmq/hmq.html

Keith

Last Edited:
Here's another .22. Mossberg 51M (b) They were first made in 1939 and discontinued during WWII.View attachment 119113 View attachment 119117

I had one of these once. A buddy had completely "tricked out" his Ruger 10-22, with Volquartsen everything. He knew for certain this was the most accurate .22 Auto on the planet.

The Mossberg 151M ran circles around it at 50 yards. As I understand it, these guns were training rifles for shooting the Garand. I traded it for a Siamese Mauser in .45-70, a well-done conversion. I still believe I got the better of the deal, but again, sometimes I wonder.

I purchased this Yugo SKS 59/66 from J&G sales back in 02, unissued condition for $129.99. One of my first C&R purchases. The SVD Fiber Force stock has poor ergonomics and I will never use it, I only bought it because it was cheap. Lets keep this thread going. :) DSCI2151.JPG DSCI2155.JPG DSCI2171.JPG DSCI2170.JPG

DSCI2158.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews