JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in Iraq -twice - and there is such a thing as giving a horse enough rope. Should something be left active - when there exist the capability to eliminate it entirely - assume that there are reasons, none of which are in your favor. Of course that would not matter if you were Hamming for entirely peaceful reasons. :s0155:

Yeah..there is much more to the SIGINT game that jamming, and you just illuminated a big part of it.

I mean no disrespect...When I hear "Iwas in the sand box and we own yada yada yada.......I am suspicious because the "war" has lasted a good long time now and we don't seem to own anything....Am I missing something?

On topic.....cans and strings...

W44

When referring to radio, I am reminded of what I was taught in the Army. Most secure com is verbal messenger, then written messenger, wire and last radio. A radio becomes a target, how do you track the source of a "rumor"? In the 1770's it was word of mouth and paper and look what happened then. What is the ratio of troops to civilians? And as for UN troops, aim for 4 inches below center of blue.

I mean no disrespect...When I hear "Iwas in the sand box and we own yada yada yada.......I am suspicious because the "war" has lasted a good long time now and we don't seem to own anything....Am I missing something?

On topic.....cans and strings...

W44

The invasion of Iraq was by a Multi-National Force with the mission of eliminating a dictators ability to wage war and stop the supply of advanced weapons to Islamic Militants. Weapons of Mass Destruction Chemical Weapons (Mustard and Nerve) / Yellow Cake (sold to Canada) / Bomb Factories were found and destroyed. The US is not a conquering imperialist force - we set the example for peaceful co-existence - or try to anyway.

The invasion of Afghanistan was to restore order (or its equivalence anyway) to a people that have been oppressed by a Extreme and Barbaric Theocracy who had set its sites on Europe and the United States. In the process we have come to realize that it is an indirect proxy war with Pakistan, our supposed ally, and with a centuries old drug trade that has deep pockets. That mess will be there for many years to come.

It will probably start with National Guard, Delta forces, seals, special ops, then troops. In a state of emergency and martial law. Nobody talks about Martial Law... I AM AWAKE!

Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis—usually only temporary—when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, and provide essential services), when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread. In most cases, military forces are deployed to quiet the crowds, to secure government buildings and key or sensitive locations, and to maintain order. Generally, military personnel replace civil authorities and perform some or all of their functions. The constitution could be suspended, and in full-scale martial law, the highest ranking military General would take over, or be installed, as the military governor or as head of the government, thus removing all power from the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government.

ANOTHER INTERESTING FED LAW:

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (today the Marine Corps, Army, Navy, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.

The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Act.

"The Posse Comitatus Act has traditionally been viewed as a major barrier to the use of U.S. military forces in planning for homeland defense.[1] In fact, many in uniform believe that the act precludes the use of U.S. military assets in domestic security operations in any but the most extraordinary situations. As is often the case, reality bears little resemblance to the myth for homeland defense planners. Through a gradual erosion of the act’s prohibitions over the past 20 years, posse comitatus today is more of a procedural formality than an actual impediment to the use of U.S. military forces in homeland defense."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top