JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^^Him, and a whole lot of others...which is part of the hidden agenda...you know, for safety and stuff.

But typical...asleep at the wheel...gosh, now that its passed, I guess I otta figure out what it says. What the heck, its only your business. At least he had the flyers on his counter. But the rationalization...that desperate sales pitch is gonna get pretty thin pretty quick.

Don't worry tho, being in Olympia, you'll have a front row seat in a few weeks when they start going after 'the essentially same thing' as the reporter was so kind to try and point out (just like "...raising the age to 21...just like handguns..." as they always have to say.)

BOSS

I just don't get HTF people could vote against their own rights, and approve another piece of a growing "all powerful" big brother government..... o_O:rolleyes:

^^This. They are too blissful to realize that once gone, its near impossible to get them back. It's hard to comprehend why there wasn't overwhelming 18-20 year old opposition to this. But then again, many in that age group have had years of indoctrination of into the 'guns are evil...comply' mindset. They basically said 'Shut up and take my Rights!'

Edit/Update: Checking on-line info, With ~84% reporting, more than 1 MILLION Washingtonians voted No on this monstrosity. That does somewhat help bolster our argument. But how much do you think you'll hear that on the news?

The billionaires control the MSM, know most folks will fall for about anything wrapped in catchy 'Safety' title, and are able to suppress the truth. All the opposition was either dismissed or downplayed, particularly massive LE opposition.

They've successfully duped the majority of the population into believing the NRA is absolutely evil, and the ONLY thing it does is try to block these 'common sense' safety measures. Look at the giddy politicians with big grins pronouncing 'The NRA got absolutely wiped out!' They completely ignore all the safety training and other positive, beneficial things the NRA does, or even tries to do. And they have no problem smearing the members...the 5M+ good, decent, law-abiding upstanding members from all walks of life.

Enjoy the next 8-10 weeks, because come the next leg. session starting in January, they're probably going to be full-tilt anti-evil-gun measures down in Olympia, well beyond 1639, and we don't have the majorities to stop them anymore. And as most of us aren't orange-shirted retired folks that can hop on a bus to Olympia in the middle of a work week, well...(tho this is something we ought to be trying to organize NOW, as much as possible.
)

The NRA and law abiding gun owners better start working hard to promote a more positive, inclusive image in the VERY near future, highlighting all our positives, or the vilification will continue and accelerate.

My $.02 worth...

BOSS

Last Edited:
Yeah the purpose of i1639 was to define all semi autos as assault weapons, even tho self loading arms predates the assault weapon name and type by 60+ years or so.

And that was how they advertised it - correct? :rolleyes: Much like the big out of state money that was backing the "anti-mining bill" here in MT, they rely on the majority of the electorate to vote based on innocent, sounds reasonable enough, catchy tag lines and sound bytes. It failed miserably, but they will be back because that's what Leftist's do.

Anyone else looking at Idaho?

Yeah but I heard it's turning blue incredibly fast.

Something about Californians not liking high home prices, taxes, and social decay caused by progressive social utopia, and seeking out economic and social stability, and individual freedoms of conservative states... Then voting straight progressive down the line because they're more enlightened than the backward libertarians and conservatives around them.

Something about Californians not liking high home prices, taxes, and social decay caused by progressive social utopia, and seeking out economic and social stability, and individual freedoms of conservative states... Then voting straight progressive down the line because they're more enlightened than the backward libertarians and conservatives around them.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Hmm, where we're living is turning into a hole, so lets go someplace else and vote for the same ideals. Genius.:rolleyes:

Boss

with or with out the passing of I-1639. After Jan 1. Your CPL in no longer any good for the purchase of a hand gun at a dealer. With your CPL, you will still have a 10 day waiting period. The state of Washington has decided to stop paying for BGC's to the feds. So now everything for a handgun purchase will go through the State Patrol. There was no notification to the public. The state sent letters to all of the FFL's in the state. An administrative move.
incorrect that part won't kick in till July 1st 2019

having to be 21 to buy a long gun starts jan1st

I have a real good friend who lives in Idaho and I don't know where your getting your info from but your mistaken

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top