JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
45555750_1937392369889987_615635724535857152_n.jpg

Now that they have solid majorities in Olympia, no, they absolutely won't stop. Remember the 41 (of 43) gun control measures that died in committee about 8 months ago??? You can bet they'll be front in center in about 8 weeks...

It's easy to keep going when you have billionaire backing, are willing to spread disingenuous info all they way to flat out lies to dupe people, and have succeeded in vilifying millions of decent, law abiding citizens who've never harmed anyone.

On top of that, and this highly important: they don't loose a single thing when they fail. We loose, something gets jeopardized or taken away. They fail and nothing, absolutely NOTHING gets taken from them. In essence, they CAN'T loose...only be delayed. They're playing the long game folks.

King Co. has a written action plan (Kingcountycantwait.org) to end preemption and flat-out ban 'semi-automatic high velocity weapons' and 'high capacity' magazines (ambiguous by design, so they can basically ban all semi-autos and mags).

Unless we could somehow convince all those that didn't participate/vote two days ago to finally get off their a$$ and get a pro-2A initiative in the works, the next few months are not going to be good...by this coming summer, it may be significant worse than it is now. Apathy is a cancer that's killing us.

There's going to be some tough decisions in the very near future, especially for those in King Co.

BOSS

Well it sure has more traction right now then it ever has before in my lifetime. Look at CA and the movement there to split the state. The further left these state governments Move the more of a chance it will have. In my area of the state there are quite a few people who are talking about this. I know people who never mentioned this before and now agree that Oregon needs to be 2 different states.

The present governments will never allow it to happen. You can dream all you want, BUT..........................

Now that they have solid majorities in Olympia, no, they absolutely won't stop. Remember the 41 (of 43) gun control measures that died in committee about 8 months ago??? You can bet they'll be front in center in about 8 weeks...

It's easy to keep going when you have billionaire backing, are willing to spread disingenuous info all they way to flat out lies to dupe people, and have succeeded in vilifying millions of decent, law abiding citizens who've never harmed anyone.

On top of that, and this highly important: they don't loose a single thing when they fail. We loose, something gets jeopardized or taken away. They fail and nothing, absolutely NOTHING gets taken from them. In essence, they CAN'T loose...only be delayed. They're playing the long game folks.

King Co. has a written action plan (Kingcountycantwait.org) to end preemption and flat-out ban 'semi-automatic high velocity weapons' and 'high capacity' magazines (ambiguous by design, so they can basically ban all semi-autos and mags).

Unless we could somehow convince all those that didn't participate/vote two days ago to finally get off their a$$ and get a pro-2A initiative in the works, the next few months are not going to be good...by this coming summer, it may be significant worse than it is now. Apathy is a cancer that's killing us.

There's going to be some tough decisions in the very near future, especially for those in King Co.

BOSS

This is exactly what I have explained to numerous family members (and some friends). Now that ALL semi-auto rifles have been classified as "Assault Weapons", they can push to ban all "Assault Weapons". Which will now be every single semi-auto rifle.

They've [temporarily?] won with the passing of I-1639. Once they bankrupt individuals fighting this in court (with OUR tax dollars!) they will figure a way to get another initiative on the ballots classifying ALL semi-auto handguns as "Assault Weapons" too. Then they will pass laws to completely ban ALL "Assault Weapons" in the State of Washington. Then absolutely NO semi-auto firearms will be legal in WA.

I may live long enough to see this day as I don't think that it is too far in the future. I can only hope and pray to God that I am living in a different state by then!

The present governments will never allow it to happen. You can dream all you want, BUT..........................
I understand that people have given up on the idea of splitting states up. However think about this last election. All three states made it very clear they are all in on liberal policies. You will never get control of your state again if you live in WA, OR, or CA its not gonna happen. There are not enough middle of the road democrats anymore. So the last resort we have would be to come to a mutual agreement for a split and I think This is an easier point to make. Besides it's hard to demonize people for wanting to be better represented in gov. Pretty easy these days to demonize people for wanting to keep their 2nd A rights!

If you have not picked up on my posts............I DON'T CARE! because it is an impossiblity. It will never ever happen. Quite preeching and move on.

Lol not preaching. This is a forum for discussion and that's what this was. If you didn't care you didn't have to post. That simple. No reason to get offended just participating in the forum that's all.

But you are jacking this thread in a diferent direction. That is against the rules. No thread jacking. You are still very green here. Show some respect and sit back and just read how people are here and how to interact with others on the topic of the thread. Hypathetical dreaming is for your own thread to start. Have fun.

But you are jacking this thread in a diferent direction. That is against the rules. No thread jacking. You are still very green here. Show some respect and sit back and just read how people are here and how to interact with others on the topic of the thread. Hypathetical dreaming is for your own thread to start. Have fun.
Don't think it's thread jacking when this directly ties in partially with the anti 2nd A laws of WA. Which is in the title. Also why do some people on these forums have this seniority complex and act like there is some kind of probation period that a person must go through to post or they are being disrespectful? Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just thinking that the more we talk about these things and bounce ideas off each other than maybe a solution will be found. If I get censored on the forum for participating in then what's the point?

Don't think it's thread jacking when this directly ties in partially with the anti 2nd A laws of WA. Which is in the title. Also why do some people on these forums have this seniority complex and act like there is some kind of probation period that a person must go through to post or they are being disrespectful? Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers just thinking that the more we talk about these things and bounce ideas off each other than maybe a solution will be found. If I get censored on the forum for participating in then what's the point?

OK proffessor OK........OMG another know it all. Why? Why? What if? What about? Let's talk.............................not

NWFA, like many other forums has rules. And if they are broken, posts will indeed be edited or deleted. Call it censorship or whatever you want, but that's the facts.

Let's keep this on topic please, everyone.

There needs to be some serious convo about breaking up the western states. WA, OR, and CA all have large sections of their states that don't align politically with the population centers and could easily be divided. East and west WA, northwest and the rest of OR, and north and south CA. This would more accurately represent the people of those areas.

That will only delay the spread of the disease. I live in a county here in Montana in which it took me just over 30 minutes from the time I walked into the Sheriffs Office until I left with my CPL in hand. And that I will add included no previous time/activity on my part. It's like a whole other world here. I lived in CA while I was younger and up through college and military, and watched that place deteriorate. Then we watched the same thing happen to WA during my 30 years there.

We had planned to vacate NeverneverLand long before I retired. I simply will not live in a state that does not protect my rights. As refreshing as it is here (example noted above), listening to the long time locals grouse about how things have change (moved left), leaves me simply hoping I'll be pushing up daises before these anti-American bubblegumheads overwhelm yet another state in the union. If they get here too early, we'll move to another state - but that list is shrinking really fast.

That will only delay the spread of the disease. I live in a county here in Montana in which it took me just over 30 minutes from the time I walked into the Sheriffs Office until I left with my CPL in hand. And that I will add included no previous time/activity on my part. It's like a whole other world here. I lived in CA while I was younger and up through college and military, and watched that place deteriorate. Then we watched the same thing happen to WA during my 30 years there.

We had planned to vacate NeverneverLand long before I retired. I simply will not live in a state that does not protect my rights. As refreshing as it is here (example noted above), listening to the long time locals grouse about how things have change (moved left), leaves me simply hoping I'll be pushing up daises before these anti-American bubblegumheads overwhelm yet another state in the union. If they get here too early, we'll move to another state - but that list is shrinking really fast.
Hey man I hear you and I agree. If we can't get things sorted out where i live I plan on retiring to another place as well but as you said that is an ever shrinking list and someday that list will be gone completely if we don't find a way to reverse this trend. I only brought up the state split solution because I think it would be easier in WA OR and CA to convince people to separate from them than it would be to expect those on the other side of the political isle to give back gun rights that they have already taken from us. There would however have to be a serious attitude about it on this side of the isle before they gave it any credence on that side.

Except the proposals to split the state of CA yields 3 states that all look like WA and OR: a big swath of land with 1 metro area that's deep blue with enough votes to outweigh the red/purple land it rules.

Neither party wants to divide any state up on political lines. They want to secure their voting block. This is honestly a better system because it at least brings some steady state condition rather than constant state border redrawings.

Anyways on the topic of anti2a... Yeah the purpose of i1639 was to define all semi autos as assault weapons, even tho self loading arms predates the assault weapon name and type by 60+ years or so.

From that point on its just a minor thing to pass legislation against scary "assault weapons" and it affects all SA rifles regardless of caliber, magazine arrangement, configuration.

This progressive rot is absolutely out of control.

Repeat something enough and the public will believe it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top