JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clearly unconstitutional renders this null and void, as well as unenforceable. If a citizen does not comply with registration then they are automatically a felon. Trying to coerce a citizen into complying with unconstitutional measures has come and gone. This is not Connecticut or California and Washingtonians outside of the I-5 corridor will not comply with this if it does pass. The burden of proof is on the State.

The AG was not telling the whole truth when he stated that he believed this was constitutional. The states that have passed this and kept it on the books do not have the same constitutional provisions as Washington. That is why the citizens of Connecticut got this rammed down their throat. Bob Ferguson knows this because he had a spread sheet comparing those states created to compare those laws with Washington laws. Yes he knows damn good and well it is unconstitutional.

By their own estimates, less than one percent of all "known assault weapons" in the state of Connecticut were registered after they passed this same draconian measure.

I will not comply with this if it passes either.

With that said there is the expectation that the "Alliance" will execute a public initiative for inclusion on the next ballot.
There is also a provision in the law that allows us citizens to protest the initiative before the secretary of state certifies it.

The window of opportunity is small and I will create a separate thread this weekend with a strategy to defeat said attempt.

Keep your powder dry

~Whitney

Bob fergusen. A politician with a runaway antigun agenda. And an anti baronelle stutzman agenda. The only way this can be stopped, is to collect your neighbors and vote the likes of inslee and fergusen out. It's that simple. Crying on forums is good for gathering "the troops" but it means nothing where it counts, the ballot box. Trump broke the ice at the highest level, let's do our part at the state level and kick inslee and his ilk out of our capitol. This is a good forum to rally the troops. NRA, join. SAF, join.

Bob fergusen. A politician with a runaway antigun agenda. And an anti baronelle stutzman agenda. The only way this can be stopped, is to collect your neighbors and vote the likes of inslee and fergusen out. It's that simple. Crying on forums is good for gathering "the troops" but it means nothing where it counts, the ballot box. Trump broke the ice at the highest level, let's do our part at the state level and kick inslee and his ilk out of our capitol. This is a good forum to rally the troops. NRA, join. SAF, join.
The problem is as long as Seattle/King County is allowed to perpetrate wholesale, rampant election fraud...

I feel like I am watching my gun rights evaporate.
AND I will be taxed at at the same time.:rolleyes:

Thank you Guitarguy for sounding the alarm on this. While I reside in Oregon I understand that protecting our constitutional rights is a national matter and one that I take very seriously. It makes me sick to my stomach to see men and women whom have sworn an oath to protect the very thing they are clearly destroying.

ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL. I don't have enough rope to accomplish what I'd like to do with these people.

What are some ways that we all here can prevent this type of legislation from becoming reality?

Last Edited:
I'm of half a mind to suggest filing an initiative that says "Whereas the State Government has demonstrated itself wholly unwilling or unable to obey the will of We The People, The People of the State of Washington hereby strip the Legislature of its preemption authority on firearms laws and retransfer it to ourselves. All existing prohibitions on possession of any firearm except possession by minors, convicted felons or the adjudicated mentally defective are hereby immediately repealed, and any future firearms restrictions shall be null and void without approval by 3/5 supermajority vote of the People."

Agreed diamondback, i'm an eastsider and understand full well how king county influences our elections. Hopefully it's like minds from wherever we live that will prevail.
I'm one of those Puget Sound (well, Wet Side Foothills) Conservatives who gets thoroughly stomped on by both sides every time... the only reason I oppose letting Eastern Washington secede is y'all throwing us under the bus and abandoning us to the mercies of the Everett-Seattle-Tacoma-Olympia Axis of Sh*tnozzle... find a way to take us outside the Sh*tty Limits with you and you'll have some enthusiastic supporters. Perhaps the first thing that needs to be done is split Seattle/King, Tacoma/Pierce and Everett/Snohomish into two separate counties each...

Revision to my prior... added in bold, the "If We Can't Have 'Em You Can't Either" clause.
"Whereas the State Government has demonstrated itself wholly unwilling or unable to obey the will of We The People, The People of the State of Washington hereby strip the Legislature of its preemption authority on firearms laws and retransfer it to ourselves. All existing prohibitions on possession of any firearm except possession by minors, convicted felons or the adjudicated mentally defective are hereby immediately repealed, and any future firearms restrictions shall be null and void without approval by 3/5 supermajority vote of the People. No Agency of the State or Subdivision thereof, nor any Officer of same, shall be authorized to possess or employ any firearm not similarly available to the People of the State."

Well ladies and gents of WA, welcome to Kali. This stuff is so similar to Kali laws it isn't even funny. I am not sure it can be stopped, I hope, but WA is so liberal now.
If you believe it is unconstitutional, well you know what to do, whatever your conscience guides.

Brutus Out

I'm one of those Puget Sound (well, Wet Side Foothills) Conservatives who gets thoroughly stomped on by both sides every time... the only reason I oppose letting Eastern Washington secede is y'all throwing us under the bus and abandoning us to the mercies of the Everett-Seattle-Tacoma-Olympia Axis of Sh*tnozzle... find a way to take us outside the Sh*tty Limits with you and you'll have some enthusiastic supporters. Perhaps the first thing that needs to be done is split Seattle/King, Tacoma/Pierce and Everett/Snohomish into two separate counties each...
Ain't gonna happen. But, there are those that feel the same way you do secretly that will vote or go to council meetings if they feel some back-up. It's a mindset change. With the smackdown President Trump just put on their side, might just be a good time to voice our opinions too, tactfully.

Well ladies and gents of WA, welcome to Kali. This stuff is so similar to Kali laws it isn't even funny. I am not sure it can be stopped, I hope, but WA is so liberal now.
If you believe it is unconstitutional, well you know what to do, whatever your conscience guides.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads