JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would like to know what started the chain of events...
Was it a passer by calling and reporting someone wheeling in a field or such.
Knowing what got LEO out to that field in the first place would allow me to make a better educated guess at what went down.
Already know that LEO and Media wont release any hard facts for quite some time.

So, if anyone can factually answer my lead-in question, please respond with what started the chain of events.

Knowing what got LEO out to that field in the first place would allow me to make a better educated guess at what went down.
Already know that LEO and Media wont release any hard facts for quite some time.

So, if anyone can factually answer my lead-in question, please respond with what started the chain of events.
From what I gathered, a citizen made the report of someone tearing up a farmer's field.
[Tualitin] Correction, Sherwood sent a patrol car to investigate and was shot at.
Then LE returned with the armored car.

Last Edited:

I can respect your question, however to me it doesn't matter what led up to the police arriving, and further more how they dealt with the individual. One bit.

What matters is there was an armed individual firing upon police officers, and the individual was given ample opportunities to surrender. He did not.

Police all went home safely, he did not.

The means by which the police used does not matter to me one bit either, as the subject, again, was given ample opportunity to surrender.

He chose not to.

<broken link removed>

Investigators said a Sherwood police officer initially responded and tried to contact Sabbe. But they said he drove off, firing an AR-style rifle multiple times and retreating deeper into the property.

He committed a crime when he decided to start shooting when the police tried questioning him. If he wasn't doing anything wrong, and had permission to be there - it would've been a 5 minute contact. Instead he decided to start popping rounds while retreating - WTF did he think was going to happen?

Although I would never shoot out of a moving vehicle, nor shoot wile being pursued by an officer. Remind me to not drive my 4 x 4 in my field, shooting at beer cans or targets going by wile being intoxicated at the same time.

If I were in that situation and the officer driving the tank I might have considered the suspect to be very very drunk at the least and if not fired on directly, I don't think I would have taken his life.
Wish we knew the whole story but we never will.
Silver Hand

Roy Rodgers Road, between Beaverton / Tigard and Sherwood.

Man driving "donuts" in a field - person calls 911
Sherwood officer arrives, sees truck hit tree. Hears shots.
Wa Co Sheriff brings out armored car
Runs truck down, pins in against it
Deputy comes out of the top - fires on driver, kills him
Channel 12 has video. Looks like full auto AR platform.

Suspect dead in officer-involved shooting in Sherwood-area field

video on web page as I share this is shorter than what they have shown on the broadcast.

I'm so glad to hear it's becoming ever easier for the folks assigned to 'Serve & Protect' to go around in tanks murdering people. This will be a huge help for America

The perp fired on the police!! o_O

Can the police even prove that?
I still don't see why the police needed to kill the guy, why even have a tank?
I don't see why the cop in the tank felt the need to kill anyone, isn't the tank bulletproof?

Just doesn't seem right that a person in a tank, who is in zero danger of injury should be killing someone like a rat in a damn trap :eek:

Can the police even prove that?
I still don't see why the police needed to kill the guy, why even have a tank?
I don't see why the cop in the tank felt the need to kill anyone, isn't the tank bulletproof?

Just doesn't seem right that a person in a tank, who is in zero danger of injury should be killing someone like a rat in a damn trap :eek:

Might be jumping to some conclusions there don't you think? We don't know what all happened and probably never will know all the details but to say the guy was murdered is a little harsh IMHO!

I'm pretty sure that the cop that was shot at can prove he was shot at. In a open field with houses all around what would you do if the perp wouldn't stop for the police and was carrying a semi automatic weapon? You stop the threat! Period!

"Let's unload an entire magazine of V-Max from our 30 round magazines and an automatic rifle into the man, then let's start medical to see if we can bring him back from the dead".

Dumb bubblegums. Stupidest bubblegum I have heard in a long bubblegum time.

Blow the hell out of him with exploding rounds that shred your insides then put on the show that you want to help.

Should have just blasted him and left him, don't give the appearance you are 'helping'. I'm sure there was no adrenaline issues either... right?

I'm all for getting your reward when you do stupid bubblegum stuff and get capped but the LEO's should cap them and let them bleed out... we know dude was dead before they got to him.

I could be wrong on what ammo they used... I doubt it's FMJ though, anyone care to correct?

"Let's unload an entire magazine of V-Max from our 30 round magazines and an automatic rifle into the man, then let's start medical to see if we can bring him back from the dead".

Dumb bubblegums. Stupidest bubblegum I have heard in a long bubblegum time.

Does anyone know WHY the officer opened fire?

I'm so glad to hear it's becoming ever easier for the folks assigned to 'Serve & Protect' to go around in tanks murdering people. This will be a huge help for America
First of all they are NOT tanks, merely transport vehicles which are armor plated to insure that LEO's contained therein are protected from incoming fire from civilian weapons which are in common every day use that are favored by the criminal element who are increasingly intent on killing (LEOs). These armored vehicles are employed only when necessary to deal with incidents that are, or have the potential to develop into lethal confrontations.

Second...you use the word "murder" in describing LEO shootings. True, unjustified lethal use of force incidents involving LEOs do rarely happen. We are human and it is possible that there are those of us out there who have the potential to overreact in response to the adrenalin rush out of fear for our own lives or in an effort to protect the lives of a brother officer or innocent civilian(s). However waiting for incoming fire is a short route to a coffin. We are not Matt Dillon or Doc Holliday. We have to see and recognize the potential threat, decide the appropriate course of action to neutralize the threat, initiate the action, and in that split second period of time pray that we have reacted properly and quickly enough to prevent the loss of an innocent life (or our own). And... righteous shoot or not we have to live every day thereafter with having taken a life. Happen every day? No, but often enough that it better be in the forefront of your brain every minute that you are out there.

Every officer in the jurisdictions I am familiar with undergos comprehensive testing and training before they are sworn in. These tests include, but are not limited to, intelligence, physical, peer review, comprehensive background investigation, financial and criminal history, drug history and testing, and a very thorough psychological test and interrogation by a psychiatrist who has an LEO background and training. After passing all of that the applicant undergoes 17 weeks of intense training at a police academy and one and a half years of field training with his agency during which time he undergoes additional testing and supervision by an experienced FTO (field training officer).

You apparently live in Arizona. I would consider it a benefit to the PNW if everyone with your attitude lived there and let us "...help America" in our own way.

Dyjital:
We do not use V-Max bullets.
Or "...exploding rounds":rolleyes:!??! (Whatever that might be).
The ammunition we select is tested and approved for accuracy, reliability, effectiveness and in so far as possible, to mitigate the possibility of excessive penetration with it's attendant collateral damage. It is never the perfect choice under all circumstances, but the best available option for most situations.

Last Edited:
As far as I can tell this was a legit Shoot by the Deputy, and from the info that I have heard in regards to the incident it was a job well done.

I do get the concerns that many have about militarization of the police. It's not a good visual to have LEO shooting from an APC at civilians. But I can't argue with the strategy when all things are considered.

But I do have concerns that SWAT teams often seem to me to be over used in serving warrants, I get why they do it, but it just seems to often escalate and get out of hand.

Just seems like human nature that when you train hard in tactics and with cool tools that you may be a bit over zealous when it comes time to employ them. But that's just me speculating.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top