JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't watch the whole thing either, but it clearly shows a defiant generation of people claiming they have rights to which they don't have. All the while harassing police officers and at times forcing them to use force in what would have otherwise been an easy routine stop.

What may play a part in all this is our outlook and mindset...

2018 is different than 2000 and 2000 is vastly different than say 1980 ,70 or 60...
Just how we look at ourselves as a nation and people has changed from the 1960's till now...
How we interact with each other , what we expect from people , not to forget to mention just how we view our nation's leaders and law enforcement...has changed...

it is very easy to fall into the trap of "The way things never were"...when thinking of how it used to be and how it compares to today...Or just what indeed has changed , if at all.
Andy

You can own an APC and do donuts in your field, sure. I can't drive it to the grocery store however or drive it down main street once a month to make sure everyone has seen it, like Police do in parades, rally's, school events, etc etc.

The cops should be the ones recording it, but that's another issue. It's actually a crime to not produce ID while using a vehicle on the roads, am I wrong LEO? As for as cooperating, its in the eye of the beholder. Give my my ticket and lets go ( I haven't had a ticket in years.), we don't need to discuss anything else however.
You are correct. The public is required to produce ID (confirmation of driving privileges). Compliance to lawful requests made by LEOs in the performance of their duties is required. Failure to do so may be cause for arrest.
Regarding APCs, officers in uniforms, etc. in parades: Who we are, what we are, what we do and how we do it is of interest to the majority of the citizens we serve. They are taking $ out of their pockets to pay for our presence and they deserve to know what they are getting for their money. Public relations is only one very important aspect of our mission....it assists us in earning the support of the public without which we would be unable to fulfill our mandate. The more they know about us, the more they trust and support us which is critical to our success. Equate it to an air show that has a Harrier jump jet on display along with a number of other aircraft. See where the crowd heads.
The better equipped the people who serve to protect me and my family are, the more secure my family will be. Even as an LEO that is no less important to me than it is to you.

Last Edited:
As an original thread derailer here,o_O
I'm thinking this thread has went runaway and is no longer constructive.:eek:

While constructive Dialogue is good and necessary it can run out of control. This thread has given insight and perspective on both points of view.

Law enforcement should be respected for the day to day jobs they do, and we should leave it at that.

Please take the following with a grain or two of salt...I'll even provide the shaker if needed...
I have never been in law enforcement but....

I have been in the army and in combat...I have found that if well disciplined , even if provoked...troops will remember and act accordingly to the in place "rules of engagement".
What that says to me that law enforcement if properly trained and disciplined will behave the same.

So even if I have some concerns over the "militarization of police"...I still see our law enforcement as a whole , as a well trained and well disciplined force.
Which behaves accordingly....and in our best interests.

Are there breakdowns in command and control as well as poorly trained and disciplined units and individuals...of course...I do think those examples are in the minority and do get dealt with.

So in regards to the comments of the police hunting down and killing citizens , on a whim or for no cause...If this was an issue , with such a large group in place , we would see far more examples of this happening.

As I said in a earlier post:
Lets not turn this thread into a bash law enforcement thread....
Andy

Please take the following with a grain or two of salt...I'll even provide the shaker if needed...
I have never been in law enforcement but....

I have been in the army and in combat...I have found that if well disciplined , even if provoked...troops will remember and act accordingly to the in place "rules of engagement".
What that says to me that law enforcement if properly trained and disciplined will behave the same.

So even if I have some concerns over the "militarization of police"...I still see our law enforcement as a whole as a well trained and well disciplined force.
Which behaves accordingly....and in our best interests.

Are there breakdowns in command and control as well as poorly trained and disciplined units and individuals...of course...I do think those example are in the minority and do get dealt with.
I too have been in combat (USMC). From that and an LEO perspective...
I could not agree more. Thank you for your support and wise insights.
Scott
Semper Fi

So in regards to the comments of the police hunting down and killing citizens , on a whim or for no cause...If this was an issue , with such a large group in place , we would see far more examples of this happening.

As I said in a earlier post:
Lets not turn this thread into a bash law enforcement thread....
Andy

If the gooberment wants to create lists!!! maybe they should create one of all the people who have bashed or shot a LEO and then when they need said service not show up!!!

Save the efforts of the brave men and women in blue for those that like and respect them. ;)

If the gooberment wants to create lists!!! maybe they should create one of all the people who have bashed or shot a LEO and then when they need said service not show up!!!

Save the efforts of the brave men and women in blue for those that like and respect them. ;)

Much as that seems a good idea, in the fire service we went every time a person called for help regardless of our last interaction with them. If the same dumb son of a bi*ch stuck a needle in his arm AGAIN this week after we saved his ODing azz last week we went again this week. The people that whined and bitc*ed about the tax levy were pretty damn glad to see us when the smoke was pouring out of their house or a member of the family was entrapped in a car wreck.

You know that the person that whines about the LEO's will be the first one calling them when a bunch of 35G's (gangsters) or some tweakers start messing with them and they are not prepared, able or have the nut sack to deal with it themselves.

I submit that if more people had direct contact with the sub human vermin that are the tweakers, thieves, junkies, gangsters and the all around POS's that are that world, that street justice would be administered more often.

I am currently on grand jury duty and some of the people were SHOCKED :eek: that there was so much crime, and was also SHOCKED :eek: that people are so cruel to other people. But the end of this term these snowflakes got some heavy duty sh*t to see and learn.

Much as that seems a good idea, in the fire service we went every time a person called for help regardless of our last interaction with them. If the same dumb son of a bi*ch stuck a needle in his arm AGAIN this week after we saved his ODing azz last week we went again this week. The people that whined and bitc*ed about the tax levy were pretty damn glad to see us when the smoke was pouring out of their house or a member of the family was entrapped in a car wreck.

You know that the person that whines about the LEO's will be the first one calling them when a bunch of 35G's (gangsters) or some tweakers start messing with them and they are not prepared, able or have the nut sack to deal with it themselves.

I submit that if more people had direct contact with the sub human vermin that are the tweakers, thieves, junkies, gangsters and the all around POS's that are that world, that street justice would be administered more often.

I am currently on grand jury duty and some of the people were SHOCKED :eek: that there was so much crime, and was also SHOCKED :eek: that people are so cruel to other people. But the end of this term these snowflakes got some heavy duty sh*t to see and learn.
Strongly, but well said. Thank you for speaking your mind and thank you for your service.

If the gooberment wants to create lists!!! maybe they should create one of all the people who have bashed or shot a LEO and then when they need said service not show up!!! ;)

FAC5A113-01E8-4EE7-A983-F802C3794540.jpeg

I get it. Here is the difference. You and those that serve actually give a rip. I would show up everyday as well. I wanted to be a cop and serve my community when I got out of the military. I couldn't because of a knee injury. I'm not saying that it should happen but sure would make some people think before they say something derogatory towards those that do serve.

When and if the day comes that the SHTF there are going to be a lot of people hurting in this world
and that is sad!

If you shoot at a cop that was trying to find out why you were tearing up a farmer's field and then play demolition derby with the armored car, it is not going to end well for you.

It's being said now that the field is owned by the guy's family.
It will probably come out that the guy had mental health/suicidal issues.
Probably best to just run around naked and hollerin' instead of shooting at cops.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top