JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Roy Rodgers Road, between Beaverton / Tigard and Sherwood.

Man driving "donuts" in a field - person calls 911
Sherwood officer arrives, sees truck hit tree. Hears shots.
Wa Co Sheriff brings out armored car
Runs truck down, pins in against it
Deputy comes out of the top - fires on driver, kills him
Channel 12 has video. Looks like full auto AR platform.

Suspect dead in officer-involved shooting in Sherwood-area field

video on web page as I share this is shorter than what they have shown on the broadcast.
I personally, and on behalf of LEOs everywhere would like to thank you for opening this discussion. It's been actively responded to, engaged a lot of us who are concerned, and opened a subject that needed to be aired. Lots of introspective points of view were shared and valuable information brought to the attention of interested and concerned citizens.:)
Best wishes,
Scott
Semper Fi

kottOn:

I'll repeat my recommendation made earlier in this post. Before you pass judgement on what LEOs need to effectively protect the public that they are sworn to defend, spend some time in a "ride along" program and see what we are compelled to deal with. Your opinions might change, but at the least it will give you a broader perspective on what we face, often on an all too frequent basis. The fact that agencies who are always struggling with limited resources are acquiring the equipment needed to do our job at a reasonable cost (to the public) should have no bearing on the need.

Best wishes for a safe and secure life.:)

Scott
Semper Fi

kottOn:

I'll repeat my recommendation made earlier in this post. Before you pass judgement on what LEOs need to effectively protect the public that they are sworn to defend, spend some time in a "ride along" program and see what we are compelled to deal with. Your opinions might change, but at the least it will give you a broader perspective on what we face, often on an all too frequent basis. The fact that agencies who are always struggling with limited resources are acquiring the equipment needed to do our job at a reasonable cost (to the public) should have no bearing on the need.

Best wishes for a safe and secure life.:)

Scott
Semper Fi

Shoot my friend. All he would have to do is take his butt down and walk the streets of Portland or any major city for that matter. Look at the homeless on the streets shooting up to get an idea of what the LEO's have to deal with or go watch the idiots that protest and vandalize businesses. If people aren't aware of what the Police deal with on a daily basis then IMHO they are just naive!!

They burned the entire city of Furguson down, destroyed homes and buisnesses of honest lawful people, they did so in numbers large enough to make them unstoppable with basic police cars and batons... Then critisize the police for showing up in military gear...
o_O

It's called the 1033 program and it literally gives military equipment for free to police. They employ military clothing, vehicles, weaponry and tactics and they get all the gear directly from the military. Its the exact definition of militarization of police. People can't possibly be this delusional.

20 years ago a guy doing donuts in a field who shot at cops would be just shot. They wouldn't bother playing bumper cars and show casing their might.

Oh? And do they have tanks? Rockets? Bombs? Attack helos?

Your comments here are distasteful and insulting. You are the one that is delusional.

Bumper cars and showcasing of might... you have a serious attitude problem and have won the IGNORE button from me.

20 years ago a guy doing donuts in a field who shot at cops would be just shot. They wouldn't bother playing bumper cars and show casing their might.

How do you propose them getting a clean shot at a guy doing donuts in a muddy field? And comparing the situation to how it may or may not have been handled 20 years ago is not only irrelevant, but just plain silly. :rolleyes:

And 20 years ago police didn't have people being defiant and claiming they know their rights all while filming it on cell phones. Then posting it on YouTube. :rolleyes:

So in your vast experience with criminals how would you suggest they handle it ?

The only relevant Stat is what it's based on, deaths/injuries per capita. If you want to throw in bias towards 1 out of 20 jobs on that list to make the stats fit your narrative, sure go ahead. At the end of the day the only real Stat is death/k jury per capita and yes, truck drivers are more likely to have something happen than leo. Its sheet facts. It had nothing to do with "hate" of leo. Don't be daft

This should push this thread towards a lock in 3, 2, 1.....

How do you propose them getting a clean shot at a guy doing donuts in a muddy field? And comparing the situation to how it may or may not have been handled 20 years ago is not only irrelevant, but just plain silly. :rolleyes:

And 20 years ago police didn't have people being defiant and claiming they know their rights all while filming it on cell phones. Then posting it on YouTube. :rolleyes:

Irrelevant? How about the exact same, minus the APC. We had people shooting at cops with the same types of guns 20 years as today.

They don't want to be recorded? I'm legitimately wondering why they don't want to be recorded? Seems liek it would make their job easier, not harder. If they aren't doing anything wrong and its the civilian being unruly, whats the issue.

Irrelevant? How about the exact same, minus the APC. We had people shooting at cops with the same types of guns 20 years as today.

They don't want to be recorded? I'm legitimately wondering why they don't want to be recorded? Seems liek it would make their job easier, not harder. If they aren't doing anything wrong and its the civilian being unruly, whats the issue.

You're really that worried about an unarmed APC that any civilian can easily own? Wow.

Cop pulls over a defiant person who refuses to show their ID and refuses to cooperate, all while touting their rights and recording it to make themselves famous on Youtube.....you think that's ok?

Oh? And do they have tanks? Rockets? Bombs? Attack helos?

Your comments here are distasteful and insulting. You are the one that is delusional.

Bumper cars and showcasing of might... you have a serious attitude problem and have won the IGNORE button from me.

Not yet, no. Its stepping stones however.

I'm actually very respectful to Police when I encounter them, I've already stated that multiple times. I sure wouldn't want to deal with the riff raff every day. Just the shear amount of people who show no respect. I'm not intending to be disrespectful, I'm merely bringing up a side that is seldom discussed. How many people even knew Police were getting military equipment because of a bill passed by Congress?

I can acknowledge they have a difficult job and at the same time not want to see my streets turn into what appears to be occupied land.

You're really that worried about an unarmed APC that any civilian can easily own? Wow.

Cop pulls over a defiant person who refuses to show their ID and refuses to cooperate, all while touting their rights and recording it to make themselves famous on Youtube.....you think that's ok?

You can own an APC and do donuts in your field, sure. I can't drive it to the grocery store however or drive it down main street once a month to make sure everyone has seen it, like Police do in parades, rally's, school events, etc etc.

The cops should be the ones recording it, but that's another issue. It's actually a crime to not produce ID while using a vehicle on the roads, am I wrong LEO? As for as cooperating, its in the eye of the beholder. Give my my ticket and lets go ( I haven't had a ticket in years.), we don't need to discuss anything else however.

Edit: anything else meaning, where I've been, where I'm going, what I've been doing tonight, what I have the in car, have I been drinking. I'll tell you I have a concealed license if I have a firearm on me, otherwise there isn't a need to exchange any other information. I'm a civilian.

Not yet, no. Its stepping stones however.

I'm actually very respectful to Police when I encounter them, I've already stated that multiple times. I sure wouldn't want to deal with the riff raff every day. Just the shear amount of people who show no respect. I'm not intending to be disrespectful, I'm merely bringing up a side that is seldom discussed. How many people even knew Police were getting military equipment because of a bill passed by Congress?

I can acknowledge they have a difficult job and at the same time not want to see my streets turn into what appears to be occupied land.

Thing is Im not seeing it, the militarization. I dont define that by the gear they use, im not seeing them patrol our streets in APCs and imposing curfews that way.

They just imposed a curfew in Chicago in 2014? My cousin, who is LEO in Texas, went and volunteered to impose it.

It was later ruled unconstitutional by IL courts.

You can own an APC and do donuts in your field, sure. I can't drive it to the grocery store however or drive it down main street once a month to make sure everyone has seen it, like Police do in parades, rally's, school events, etc etc.

The cops should be the ones recording it, but that's another issue. It's actually a crime to not produce ID while using a vehicle on the roads, am I wrong LEO? As for as cooperating, its in the eye of the beholder. Give my my ticket and lets go ( I haven't had a ticket in years.), we don't need to discuss anything else however.

Edit: anything else meaning, where I've been, where I'm going, what I've been doing tonight, what I have the in car, have I been drinking. I'll tell you I have a concealed license if I have a firearm on me, otherwise there isn't a need to exchange any other information. I'm a civilian.

As far as I know you can own and drive an APC as long as its registered the same as any other car. Collectors do it...
Years ago there was a funny story of a guy on the Oregon coast who got his milsurp tank stuck in the ditch driving it on 101.... Legal.

Watch this video and tell me there aren't plenty of knuckleheads these days:

All I see in the first situation is you could replace that babble with any other ramblings and the cop should behave the same way. They have protocols on how to get people out of vehicles, regardless of whats being said by the occupant or if being recorded. Unless you actually think her words had any sort of power, I sure dont.

I can't watch 30mins however. I'm aware of the strawman theories but clearly they did something wrong or wouldn't be getting pulled out of the vehicle and having it towed.

. I'm not intending to be disrespectful, I'm merely bringing up a side that is seldom discussed.

Then you should look at your writing style and how you put your ideas forth because my perception is that your trolling for a confrontation here, and probably in your daily travels should you encounter an LEO.

If you have any actual experience with what current day LEO's deal with your opinion might be different and if you have ever encountered someone who tried to injure or kill you you sure as hell would think differently.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews