JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do the certificate of compliance anyway. If they don't want it, they can throw it away. For the trust, send in the main part, whatever the other part is called(I forget now, basically anything with a notary stamp on it), and the sched a/property list whatever it's called. I just send it first class mail.

Alright, so tomorrow then. I've got (2) two copies of the form 4 signed and dated by me and the rest filled out by Pat at Oregon research Labs. (1) one certificate of compliance, My entire trust document and a Check drawn on my trust account for $200. All wrapped up nicely in a priority mail envelope.
Am I forgetting anything?

Alright, so tomorrow then. I've got (2) two copies of the form 4 signed and dated by me and the rest filled out by Pat at Oregon research Labs. (1) one certificate of compliance, My entire trust document and a Check drawn on my trust account for $200. All wrapped up nicely in a priority mail envelope.
Am I forgetting anything?

Looks like you covered all the bases. I didn't send in the CoC or set up a trust checking account, but I did send in the whole trust.

Looks like you covered all the bases. I didn't send in the CoC or set up a trust checking account, but I did send in the whole trust.
Have you had any problems being delayed with not having sent the coc?
As long as you have it out, you might as well make another dozen photocopies of the trust paperwork for the next forms you send in ;)
Yeah, you're right cause I do have a 5.56 phantom between dealers right now too. And I'll need a 9mm, and a second .22lr. My wife says I'm getting expensive.

Enough time hasn't passed to know if it has or not. My check was cashed 2/20/13.

I called after 3 weeks and the lady at the BATFE said that I needed to wait 4-5 weeks after my check was cashed to call and see if my paperwork is in the system... Things are getting longer, which sucks!

Check out NFA Tracker for more info and up to date wait times: NFATracker.com ATF Form 1 and Form 4 Tracking website

Copy of your trust (make sure your schedule A is included), two copies of your form 4 and tax payment. I always send in a COC even though I have a trust (I have done many,many transfers this way). I also always send via priority mail with tracking.

It might help to get several notarized copies of pertinent documents at the time.
A copy of a notarized document is not acceptable, in most cases.
I can't believe they wouldn't take a copy of a notarized document, Whats a guy suppossed to do get 20 notarized copies right in the beginning and then hope that's enough. I don't think you can just go get more notarized copies of the same document because it would show a different date and be a different trust with the same name.

Copies sent to the ATF do not have to be notarized... I just sent in regular copies....
What I sent them were Xerox copies of the entire trust document, That's the Notarized affidavit and the Notarized trust including schedule A. I'm sure it'll be fine, If not then I guess I get to start over again.

What I sent them were Xerox copies of the entire trust document, That's the Notarized affidavit and the Notarized trust including schedule A. I'm sure it'll be fine, If not then I guess I get to start over again.

The only time you'll be starting over is when you buy your next NFA toy. Photo copy of the trust is fine for sending to BAFTA for your stamp.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top