JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, now that you are ready to call me an idiot (I mean with ammo prices who would buy someone else ammo???) , hear me out.

I'm at gun shops constantly, and have been basically able to get anything I wanted ammo or firearm wise...... Except .223....

So here's what I wanted to throw out there, may e a you scratch my back I scratch hours type deal. I am in Milwaukie, so a good setup would be if you were around the Portland metro area as well (or if you come up here often, etc)

I need some .223, bulk UMC stuff from Bimart works perfect for me... They sell for about 76 bucks, if you can get to them. I'd like two of those bulk box for a total of 400 rounds. Basically hoping someone that sees a couple (or has a couple) could pick them up an I could cash you out?

I'd be willing to, in return for your help, do the same thing for other ammo, etc that you may be looking or but can't find, I can buy it, and it to you at the cost (receipts for proof of course)

I have tons of good feedback here so you know I'm not gonna screw you over... May be a good way for us to help each other out, and avoid the gouging that apparently has become acceptable and commonplace in the firearms community

Let me know by posting here or PM me, either way works for me.

Thanks fellas!

Maybe post a WTT ad in the classifieds, seems like that would be an appropriate place for this.

Not really... I don't have something I'm looking I trade, more looking to see if someone wante to make a gentlemans agreement to look out for each other. I see something you want, I pick it up and give it to you for cost, you see the thing I want, you do the same. Not really a WTT situation

Basically instead of you seeing 223 bulk packs at Bimart, walking by them, an posting it to the Great Deals section, pick it up for me.... That sort of thing

Hope it's making sense a little better now, sorry if my first post was too vague

It's a good idea. I have a standing deal with a few friends out there similar to this. I buy them .45acp when I see it and they pick me up some 9mm or .22 when they see it. It's not like the buyer has anything to lose, if the person they have a deal with backs out you can get your money back easily by putting it in the classifieds here.

It's a good idea. I have a standing deal with a few friends out there similar to this. I buy them .45acp when I see it and they pick me up some 9mm or .22 when they see it. It's not like the buyer has anything to lose, if the person they have a deal with backs out you can get your money back easily by putting it in the classifieds here.

Exactamundo!!! I have pretty good access to 45acp, 380, 38 spl, 308, 40, 9mm, and at times 22lr. All at retail prices.... But the 223 I find is wayyyyyy too inflated price wise. I'm looking for some Bimart prices, lol. I can't see paying 15-20 bucks a box when they're available retail for 8 a box in those UMC bulk packs.

Had a guy PM me, we figured out what each of us wanted, what we'd pay, etc. and wouldn't ya know it... I found out about some 22lr bricks and let him know.

Met him at the gun shop too, nice guy, and he is already benefitting from our agreement. I hope more people on here try to do the same, this whole vulture mentality where people just feed off others is enough already

There is a Facebook group I am a member of and have been posting on there to help others when I come across ammo. To my surprise they have been fairly unresponsive to it. :confused: I am out by Hillsboro, so thats not alot of help for you guys. But the general idea is good I believe. And just to throw this out there the Cornelius Walmart has alot 7.62x39 TulAmmo 20 round boxes right now, I believe it was around $6 or 7$ a box.

Got a call this AM from my "ammo buddy", lol.... he found me 150 rounds 223 at 45 cents a round. pretty good by today's standards. Once again calm heads prevail.... please set up ammo swaps with guys on here, it will only help to eliminate the gougers when we band together and don't pay those crazy prices...

I found a 1000 round box of the winchester m-22 ammo yesterday at walmart. $48.50 was the cost, the wife was a little upset until I told her how much people are paying for it online. Saw two auctions on gunbroker for over $150, and I was off the hook for my purchases.

I check out slickguns every day. have found a few good deals for my 7.62X39 and my 40 SW. just he other day got 680 rounds for about 30 cents a round. had to jump on it but Areilius i was in the same boat. Wife was not happy at first lol.

Anybody else want to keep an eye out for/pick up 223/556 value packs for me and I'll keep an eye out/pick up for you ??????

I really need some 223, but not willing to pay over 0.50 per round when I know value packs can be had at Walmart, bimart, etc for 0.38-0.44 per round....

Right on, I would buy it from you right now, I cant ever get to a store when any is in stock. But to the unique way disabled vets are funded, I have reached my arms and ammo spending limits for the month.

But very awesome thing to do. I'll be in Hubbard this Saturday working on the car...You can come get a beer then.

Yeah, I tried doing this exact thing and probably won't do it again. You try doing something nice for people and to be honest and all I have seemed to get via PM's is ridiculous offers of trade. This will probably be the last time I put my money out thinking I was trying to help somebody.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/am...ster-remington-150-rds-45-acp-230-gr-jhp.html

Hey orygun, I can guarantee you that if you picked me up a value pack at regular ol bimart or Walmart price or whatever, that id buy it from you and bring a nice cold beer, haha. I try to get 100-200 rounds 223 down range each time, but haven't been able to shoot that much in months. If you wanted I can keep an eye out for guns/ammo for you as well. More than happy to help people out. That's actually all we do in my Facebook group too, let REAL gun enthusiasts find good retail deals. If anyone is found to try and profit from it, or try to resell their finds on other sites, they get banned immediately.

If I see bulk packs I'll help you out...I don't really need anything right now.

I appreciate the help Bill.... It doesn't have to be ammo either, I can help you find firearms, gear, surplus stuff. Just let me know if you're looking for anything and when I am out and about I'll keep a keen eye out.

Again, thanks for the help. I will always remember the guys who helped AND the guys who gouged their "friends" during the crunch of 2012/13..... Many of you are already on my ignore list anyways, haha

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top