JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bah! Walmart and Fred Meyer started bailing on guns after the Stoneman High shootings in Florida. Fred's just quit cold turkey while Wally did the slow fade. It was all virtue signaling. What crap!
The Freddie's here did stop a LONG time ago but apparently it was not an across the board firm thing. Few years ago I was working in Puyallup and stopped at the Freddie's there for some stuff on the way home. Saw a banner for Ruger, so of course had to got see. I was shocked, they had a gun department with both "black rifles" and hand guns. I asked some people at work and was told one other Fred's does the same. I had not seen even ammo at a Fred's in so many years it really seemed strange to see. Been a few years since I worked out there so don't know if they finally made them stop or not. I have to "guess" that that store sold enough to make it worth keeping the gun and ammo sales going there.

tumblr_n4knabQPnU1qkd8xuo1_400.gif

The Freddie's here did stop a LONG time ago but apparently it was not an across the board firm thing.
I don't know if Freddies in Bend is still selling G & A but for a long time I didn't even know they did.

I used to occasionally do my grocery shopping there and only one day 'stumbled' on the G & A section while looking for something else.

It was very 'sedate' - not as well lit as the rest of the store and no one behind the counter.

The Freddie's here did stop a LONG time ago but apparently it was not an across the board firm thing. Few years ago I was working in Puyallup and stopped at the Freddie's there for some stuff on the way home. Saw a banner for Ruger, so of course had to got see. I was shocked, they had a gun department with both "black rifles" and hand guns. I asked some people at work and was told one other Fred's does the same. I had not seen even ammo at a Fred's in so many years it really seemed strange to see. Been a few years since I worked out there so don't know if they finally made them stop or not. I have to "guess" that that store sold enough to make it worth keeping the gun and ammo sales going there.
They bailed on guns shortly after the Stoneman Douglas high school shootings in February, 2018. They pulled the plug on everything gun related. Probably a smart move for them since nowadays, darn few people seem to remember Fred's ever sold guns at all. IMO. Walmart's choice to drag their virtue signal out hurts them a lot more.

I can. Oregon Walmarts are so resistant to selling ammo and long guns to 18-20 year olds, that they would rather not sell any at all in Oregon.

Hopefully Bimart reverses their policy of not selling ammo and long guns to 18-20 year olds.

I wouldn't count on Walmart staying in the firearms/ammo business much longer anyway. The 3 walmarts my wife and MIL drag me into don't have much stock on guns or ammo - and its not for lack of availability - all the local gun shops have all the long guns they could want in stock, same with our other big box sporting good stores. Anything from .22's to 12 gauge.

Walmart, last I looked, had a couple Maverick 88's, a couple Savage bolt guns in .308 and .270, and a couple .22's (bolt guns) in stock. They were not restocking ammo on shelves - and they only sell shotgun ammo, .22, and a handful of calibers like .308, .30-06, .270, and .30-30. If they realized how common .308 was in semi-autos they'd probably pull it too. They don't have any 7.62x39, .223/5.56mm, or .350 Legend.

There is another thread about this.
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...ng-guns-ammo-in-or.392144/page-4#post-3104108
Most of the local Walmarts had already dropped ammo and firearms a long time ago because of the last Walmart shooter publicity. Ours hasn't had defensive ammo for over a year. Nothing new to report. I think the media is bringing it up again because Brandon's adult diapers have limited time to push out the anti-gun agenda turd. There has been a significant increase in anti-gun stories in the mainstream lately. The recent elections have them scared. They are clearly trying to foment support for more gun control.

Last Edited:
ive never had more dud shotgun shells than i have from walmart ammo. infact ive never had a shotgun shell not go off until i bought some from walmart.

@Alexx1401

29.99 for 100 Federal 12 gauge 3 dram 7 1/2 = 7.49 per box = .29 per shell.
Just curious how long ago you saw these at this price?

That's my plan, in fact as soon as this lunch is over I am going to check a new Walmart.
Did they have them?

You can still find good deals online with ammoseek

Ammobuy

Gun.deals

Mr guns N gears facebook he posts deals on random stuff too. I don't even have a Facebook account but it still let's me look at the daily deals he posts.

Just curious how long ago you saw these at this price?

Did they have them?

You can still find good deals online with ammoseek

Ammobuy

Gun.deals

Mr guns N gears facebook he posts deals on random stuff too. I don't even have a Facebook account but it still let's me look at the daily deals he posts.

1. Just a couple weeks ago, my father picked up 3 4 packs for that price, and several guys I shoot with did the same.

2. Sure they have OK deals but they are still about double what Wally sells for or more.

3. I haven't had a chance to check across the river yet so I don't know if there were any.

4. I wouldn't use Facebook for anything gun related, in fact, the sole reason I have a fb page is so I can have a business page, other than that I don't interact on fb.

5. If you are speaking of the same guns n gear guy on that's on the tube , I'll pass.

Edit to add: I mis read thus I must change answere three, it was an Oregon Wally (Portland area) and they had already pulled the goods from the floor.

Last Edited:
1. Just a couple weeks ago, my father picked up 3 4 packs for that price, and several guys I shoot with did the same.

2. Sure they have OK deals but they are still about double what Wally sells for or more.

3. I haven't had a chance to check across the river yet so I don't know if there were any.

4. I wouldn't use Facebook for anything gun related, in fact, the sole reason I have a fb page is so I can have a business page, other than that I don't interact on fb.

5. If you are speaking of the same guns n gear guy on that's on the tube , I'll pass.

Edit to add: I mis read thus I must change answere three, it was an Oregon Wally (Portland area) and they had already pulled the goods from the floor.
I went to springfield Walmart yesterday, an they'd already pulled or sold ALL ammo. That's before I read the.$0.29/PPR on here, but oh well I don't like giving walmart my money anyway.

And it is the same Guns N gear from the youtube, I got no problem with the guy, he does some pretty thorough reviews on his channel, and for the daily deals you CAN sign up for the emails, but he post them all to his feed on FB. And you don't need to post or sub or whatever to his Facebook page you just click the that he puts up no login or comments or anything required.

I mainly just check to see what ammo he's posted recently, I can find as good or better on the ammoseek sites but checking his page is quicker and pretty close to what I'd find anyways

Even the last single shot 20 guage and black power rifle have been officially removed from the local Walmart. No more shotgun shells either. Pellet and paintball guns have also been removed. General consensus is that Walmart sucks. This latest round of woke virtue signaling hasn't changed my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top