JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Makes me question off the body carry all together.

Striker fired pistols have much lighter triggers and often times no safety. So to a child or someone with no knowledge of the operation or safety of a firearm it could be a recipe for disaster. Not to say it couldn't happen with a revolver or DA gun but the likelihood would be less and it may give the parent a few extra seconds/buffer to realize their mistake and intervene. But at the end of the day it falls on the shoulders of the gun owner.

This is coming from someone who strictly carry's a Glock and is around young kids on a regular basis.
I don't think its a external safety issue, its entirely an off body carry issue here with kids. I'm not entirely against off body carry but my opinion of it wont be popular with those who support it but its extremely rare unique situation when its needed and as a parent whose utilized off body carry once it wasn't something any kid would have been able to get to at the expense of immediate retrieval.

I'm "blown away" (pun intended) by the amount of purse carry options there are for women and thats on the pro gun rights community.... Its not a realistic option for daily carry IMO.

thats the one I remembered. I have compassion for her, and her child... but her level of training was below average. If she had training I dont see how anyone would recommend purse carry for a mom.
Even well trained people make mistakes.

I remember in my youth I thought of my self as perfect. Than I realized that my self image was evidence of conceit and conceit is a flaw, having recognized this character flaw allowed me to correct said flaw.

I hope you never have to recognize a personally flaw.

I don't think its a external safety issue, its entirely an off body carry issue here with kids. I'm not entirely against off body carry but my opinion of it wont be popular with those who support it but its extremely rare unique situation when its needed and as a parent whose utilized off body carry once it wasn't something any kid would have been able to get to at the expense of immediate retrieval.

I'm "blown away" (pun intended) by the amount of purse carry options there are for women and thats on the pro gun rights community.... Its not a realistic option for daily carry IMO.
That's cause the industry is just that. It's about marketing and making money. Not about responsible gun ownership or carrying practices.

It's not just purses. Look at the amount of unsafe holsters that are floating around that people buy and carry with.

It's all about money and marketing to a specific demographic. Just like everything else.

They sures to heck used to 😆

My mom would've beat my 2yr old butt to death going in her purse while at Walmart or anywhere for that matter. But that would've been 1982.

Things sure have changed 🤣
LOL My mom beat our asses from the 1960's all the way through the 70's heck she even tried one time to wack me on the head for something after I came home from my first year of college. As to the discharge in Walmart that never would have happened when we were kids mom left us three boys in the car most of the time. She sure wouldn't have dragged us around in a Walmart had there been one.

I remember in my youth I thought of my self as perfect. Than I realized that my self image was evidence of conceit and conceit is a flaw, having recognized this character flaw allowed me to correct said flaw.

I continually have to address flaws in myself. I just hope none of them ever get someone killed.

I have and did and continue to evaluate myself.
Its the person that cant recognize their flaws that should be kept at distance....

It's not just purses. Look at the amount of unsafe holsters that are floating around that people buy and carry with.
sadly its a whole other topic to discuss. People get attached to the things they buy or design and often take it as an insult when the flaws are pointed out.

You guys got flaws?

Im over here like...
Screenshot_20231116_210742.jpg

Nope. NOTHING "accidental" about it. That is pure NEGLIGENCE on the part of the idiot mother. This is why purse carrying or off-body sucks if you're not 100% engaged and diligent. The woman is a damn idiot and is lucky nobody was killed...particularly her kid. Permit should be revoked until she can PROVE that she has pulled her head out of her butt.

The woman said her child had taken the firearm from her purse, resulting in an accidental shot being fired.

Eddie Eagle should punch that woman in the head until she learns proper firearm safety.

As for the Free-Range children at Walmart? That's easy. Any that misbehave get a spinach and cod liver oil milkshake, burlap Depends, and Ghost Pepper Wet Wipes and sent home.

Treat it like drunk driving: revoke their license, force them to take AA classes and breathalizer device on their car for a period of time. For the mother, revoke her carry license until she can pass safety courses. Then if she still wants to carry a firearm make it a felony if she carries a revolver or with a pistol, a round in the chamber. She'll still have a firearm for protection but will have to rack the slide (no EZ-rack system) to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top