JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RE : Retail stores and the old Guns and Ammo Section

I went into Dick's Sporting Goods in Delta Park the other day. Yeah.....I expected to see "some" arms and/or ammo. Anyway, the sales girl told me that the Dick's Store in Medford (and it's my memory so, I could be wrong) is the only Dick's Store in OR that still has sporting arms and ammo.

Yeah......."What a D move."

Aloha, Mark

RE : Retail stores and the old Guns and Ammo Section

I went into Dick's Sporting Goods in Delta Park the other day. Yeah.....I expected to see "some" arms and/or ammo. Anyway, the sales girl told me that the Dick's Store in Medford (and it's my memory so, I could be wrong) is the only Dick's Store in OR that still has sporting arms and ammo.

Yeah......."What a D move."

Aloha, Mark
Dick's has gone out of their way to be dicks, what did you expect? They are just one more big box store that will never see a dime from me, ever. They can FOAD.

I figured money talks.....and maybe they would sell some .22LR ammo or bolt actions or shotguns.

BUT YEAH....they are and continue to be Ds. It's actually gotten worst since they removed the ARs.

Aloha, Mark

Oh no. There goes my source of Savage axis rifles and 870 Express/other budget versions of decent guns. What ever will I do???

Anybody know if the Bend, OR store still has guns?

I'll have to stop in next time I am in Bend and check.

The once or twice in was in there in the last 10 years or so it was odd. Locks on all the guns and they were treating it like it was some sort of 'controlled' shopping area.

Bah! Walmart and Fred Meyer started bailing on guns after the Stoneman High shootings in Florida. Fred's just quit cold turkey while Wally did the slow fade. It was all virtue signaling. What crap!

Anybody know if the Bend, OR store still has guns?

I'll have to stop in next time I am in Bend and check.

The once or twice in was in there in the last 10 years or so it was odd. Locks on all the guns and they were treating it like it was some sort of 'controlled' shopping area.
Last time i was in there, they had a few rifles - maybe a .308, and that was it. Nothing to miss. When Fred Meyer got out of guns, I stopped shopping there entirely.

Uhhh didn't stop a year ago and a year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that? I think they are having another "Gonna stop selling guns" sale.

You can buy ammo 24hrs a day online pretty much anywhere.
Sure if you buy in advance but not for a last minute carryout purchase on your way to shooting/camping spot. Same goes for fishing bait.

Edit: I once bought 3600rnds of ZQI brass cased boxer primed 9mm ammo from Walmart during my Graveyard shift lunch break for under $600 total. The ammo came in vacuum sealed vinyl pouches packed in nice metal 50cal size ammo cans. Bimart, cabelas, sportmans, fishermans, LGS, etc employees were all at home sleeping at the time.

Last Edited:
I have been to places in around the country where the Walmart was the only game in town...( or damn near )
So if they decide to not sell certain items , it can affect folks adversely.

The above of course will be different depending on where you are at....some areas have lots of choices...so this may not be a big deal....
YUP....they came into many a town/city.....and drove the small mom and pop businesses out of business. And now....well, there you go.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top