JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So this forum should logically have some gun hoarders right?

When I was range mastering I asked around and not one person I met had 50,000 rounds of ammo. Not one, and here I was a guy reloading and dumping 50k plus a year down range. The truth is I bet you don't know one guy, not one who a) can afford to walk into BIMART and clean them out with a 5k credit card and B) has actually done it.

The supply was stopped cold at the factories and pulled down to a trickle.

Prove me wrong if you want to post up today's Oregonian in front of your stacks of ammo in the garage.

Sounds like a troll to me

I know I overpaid for parts for my current Ebr but not too much. Couldn't find a big during the panic I could afford but I the last month stuff has come down. I ended up with a spare lpkbut that will work for next build or parts if SHTF. Need a couple more parts and I am gtg. But, I got squat for ammo cause I live in an apt now I figured I had plenty for my next range trip. Then sandy hook happened and WTF.... Can't find much until now. So a box here and there within the budget.
I don't rail at the insane ammo prices I just can't or won't pay them. It's just the way it is as the old song goes.

In the good column I have near 2k of the good stuff rim fire .
Brutus out

In the current situation one must ask oneself "what is Over payment??"

If one over paid for a new car in 1978, put it up on blocks until 2011 would one have over paid for it?

If one had paid one's life in 1779 to gain liberty for those that one never met,,,would that person have paid too high a price as well?

Dang, I just bought my first gun in November, then bought the rest of my small collection after the panic started (20ga shotgun, a couple .22LR rifles, a .17HMR and an AR15, although the upper is still on backorder), but I guess I bought wrong. I paid cash and only what I could afford. Guess Fickle won't be getting his hands on any of my guns cheap so I can pay the credit card bill! Oh, and bought whatever ammo I could when I could find any, and suddenly realized that I was running out of room for it, so I counted it and found out I have over 1k of 3 different calibers and more shotgun ammo than I can carry around! But dang, paid cash for all that too, guess he won't get any of that cheap either. Sorry Fickle, I have let you down!

So, I don't know if you know this or not, but 50k rounds of most ammo is really uninspiring to look at. In fact it's downright disappointing.

There's only two problems 1) I don't get the oregonian paper here 2) my wife keeps leaving her camera at the in-laws.

It's also worth noting that every 10K of .223 consumes about 40lbs of powder, so posting a picture of 50k (which fits in about 10 40mm ammo cans if it's on bandoliers) would be self incrimination of storing 200lbs of gunpowder in a residence.

OTOH, this is what 2K of belted 50cal looks like when loaded into 81mm mortar cans:View attachment 65869

And this is what 60K of misc ammo packaged in ammo cans looks like when I was moving:
View attachment 65870

Ahhhh. Finally someone with more ammo then me. We should be friends :drink:

The real excuse? The EPA is the real excuse, it's so hard to get all the licensing to start making .22LR ammo because you have to handle loose priming compounds, which are made of lead, and explosive.

I am consulting for a customer right now who wants to start up a .22LR manufacturing line, and we're getting the gear together, the big deal is tooling everything, which still puts us 18-24 months out.

Was just reading this 2-year old thread and caught this post. It's been 24 months since you made this statement, just curious, whatever happened? Did you get tooled up for .22lr? How has the process gone for you? Are you manufacturing it now?

Maybe they are the producers of the new 22lr reloading kits? Great product for a survival situation IMHO.

Assuming you will have a LOT of free time on your hands, yes, it would be an interesting addition to a survival kit. I've thought about maybe adding one just for the heck of it, just don't have the spare cash on hand right now.

I don't care about the price of ammo. As long as it goes up and down.
I don't care about the price of guns as long as the price goes up and down.

It takes time. But anyone can navigate this volatility. Understand this is a marathon. Not a sprint.

Maybe folks new to collecting guns and ammo. Panic and see the window forever closing?
Maybe they don't have the money to get what they want. So they act like babies?

Look I don't want to be rude. But I got mine. You get yours! Titty baby.!:s0050: Me and this world don't owe you squat!

Only a small man resents another for doing well. And most have no sympathy for a person unwilling to put in the time, effort and money to do good by themselves.

I'm proud of the folks here that have so many great guns and so much ammo. Good on you!
I don't care what you paid! That's your business.
I hope you enjoy it. And it gives you a sense of pride. And security.

I know mine dose.;)

I don't care about the price of ammo. As long as it goes up and down.
I don't care about the price of guns as long as the price goes up and down.

It takes time. But anyone can navigate this volatility. Understand this is a marathon. Not a sprint.

Maybe folks new to collecting guns and ammo. Panic and see the window forever closing?
Maybe they don't have the money to get what they want. So they act like babies?

Look I don't want to be rude. But I got mine. You get yours! Titty baby.!:s0050: Me and this world don't owe you squat!

Only a small man resents another for doing well. And most have no sympathy for a person unwilling to put in the time, effort and money to do good by themselves.

I'm proud of the folks here that have so many great guns and so much ammo. Good on you!
I don't care what you paid! That's your business.
I hope you enjoy it. And it gives you a sense of pride. And security.

I know mine dose.;)

Just FYI, this thread is a good 2 years old. I revived it to ask a question of one of the posters, and it looks like the OP hasn't been here since 2013, so it's doubtful he'll see your response :(

But, I like the sentiment and the passion behind it :)

I knew it was two years old.

Remember I said this is a marathon.;)

It's probably good preparation for the next big gun and ammo craze - maybe right after, heaven forbid, Hillary gets elected in 2016? Best to be all bought up now. If she gets in, it will be really, really bad for gun rights, which means shortages, price hikes. People should be planning ahead now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top