JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well my friends, it is my humble opinion that inflation is coming. The numbers and graphs don't lie. Of course when, how quickly and how much are the known unknowns.

So over the long run the price of just about all goods and services will rise. Personally I decided to convert some long term savings into things I've wanted for awhile because even with today's inflated prices things can always get worse. Bought a 8 3/8" model 27, just a beautiful piece. Not very practical, but I've always wanted one and now I have it. Got a few other firearms that may be considered equally impractical but my guess is 10 and more years from now their value will be higher than the pieces of paper I traded for them. Even if not I get to enjoy them now!

It's all a balancing act. While it don't think it would be prudent to swoop into ones LGS and clear the shelves with one swipe of the plasic, being well informed and doing term planning is important. It seems like a lot of people out there are converting cash savings that could become worth a lot less into firearm and prep type goods that could rise in value and price.

If everyone was armed and prepared, we would live in a more polite society.

Yes, I have not seen any 22lr that I didn't own myself in 7 months except for longs or shorts. So I bought some longs to shoot in my Ruger wheel gun. Remington will single shot them as we'll. now trying get ammo for my bigger cal.s and save my 22lr for when it ever comes back again.

Brutus out

Contemplating .22 longs. I have my dads 1949 Mossberg that will feed anything from CB caps to LR's. When I was a youngster a tubular fed, bolt action wasnt very sexy but I soon got over that.

Even if the black helicopters were buzzing overhead, Marines holding you down and chipping you on the street corner, the fact remains that most people won't fight.

You didn't fight back when you guns were taken away during Katrina. You didn't fight back when the police entered your homes with out a search warrant in Boston. So why bother hording guns? To make yourself feel better?

At a certain point, you will run out of money, and that $1200 Sig you bought will be mine for $300.

It's just simple math. You can't afford your crap, you have overspent. This is a fad. The sooner you figure it out the better.

Boy lots of bees out today in the woods;):s0112:

This thread is predicated on wishful thinking. Which IMHO is the funniest kind of thinking.

I'm still not really sure what made the OP want to post it so he could spend several weeks now at the top of the "butt of our jokes" list.

The idea that anyone would dump something they paid $1200 for $300 cash is absurd on it's face, this would either mean guns suddenly became worthless, or the dollar became incredibly valuable. Either possibility could be quantified as remote at best, laughable at worst.

The idea that anyone would dump something they paid $1200 for $300 cash is absurd on it's face, this would either mean guns suddenly became worthless, or the dollar became incredibly valuable. Either possibility could be quantified as remote at best, laughable at worst.

only thing I think about that is the guys that panic bought those 2000$ ar15s (that will only be worth 7-800 now that demand is gone down quite a bit)that need money for rent and have to sell the rifle that they overspent on and really couldnt afford in the first place.not that it is worth any less, just not worth the panic price that was originally paid.just my .02

It is my considered opinion that the thread title can be summarized thusly

crying-baby.jpg

crying-baby.jpg

I hate to break it to some of you, but not everybody lives paycheck to paycheck and majority of the people who paid 2k for a AR could afford to do so. While I'm pretty most of these people feel stupid for buying into the panic and paying that much, they won't be rushing to give away their ARs either and will just suck it up.

We're back to pre panic prices pretty much and we're not going to see them any lower, once the current glut is sold off manufacturers will cut back on production.

Except for the morons who bought several ARs to flip and are now stuck with them, most people will hang onto their over prices ARs. Another mass shooting is right around the corner...

So this forum should logically have some gun hoarders right?

When I was range mastering I asked around and not one person I met had 50,000 rounds of ammo. Not one, and here I was a guy reloading and dumping 50k plus a year down range. The truth is I bet you don't know one guy, not one who a) can afford to walk into BIMART and clean them out with a 5k credit card and B) has actually done it.

The supply was stopped cold at the factories and pulled down to a trickle.

Prove me wrong if you want to post up today's Oregonian in front of your stacks of ammo in the garage.

When I was range mastering I asked around and not one person I met had 50,000 rounds of ammo. Not one, and here I was a guy reloading and dumping 50k plus a year down range. The truth is I bet you don't know one guy, not one who a) can afford to walk into BIMART and clean them out with a 5k credit card and B) has actually done it.

Prove me wrong if you want to post up today's Oregonian in front of your stacks of ammo in the garage.

So, I don't know if you know this or not, but 50k rounds of most ammo is really uninspiring to look at. In fact it's downright disappointing.

There's only two problems 1) I don't get the oregonian paper here 2) my wife keeps leaving her camera at the in-laws.

It's also worth noting that every 10K of .223 consumes about 40lbs of powder, so posting a picture of 50k (which fits in about 10 40mm ammo cans if it's on bandoliers) would be self incrimination of storing 200lbs of gunpowder in a residence.

OTOH, this is what 2K of belted 50cal looks like when loaded into 81mm mortar cans: 50cal-belted.jpg

And this is what 60K of misc ammo packaged in ammo cans looks like when I was moving:
75k-45ACP.jpg

50cal-belted.jpg

75k-45ACP.jpg

Someone should have bought ammo on the shelves they couldn't use (different calibers) to prove a point? Suggesting someone should do that is ridiculous.

Last October, 50k rounds of CCI Mini Mags in ammo boxes no less could be bought for $3,125.00. People spend that much on a TV/media center. The ammo provides more fun, no BS/propaganda or mindless nonsense, plus increases in value unlike the TV that is worth $1500 the minute you turn it on.

If when quality 22lr rounds are .05-.06 again buy all you can. It has proven itself to be a great form of fun AND savings/barter.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top