JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From my friend at OSP:

"Well, we got the background checks down to 1,410 and then it started rising. I left 11.5 hours later and it was at 2,375.

Stay safe, stay home. Stop with the gun buying already! I bet we break 3,000 Saturday."
atf-f-4473-1.jpg

Roger that and in all seriousness, I hope they can get those checks down pretty soon!
Oh yeah that's quite a backlog. I made a purchase a couple of weeks ago just before things started escalating. My BCG took about 2 minutes and I was done. I almost waited a week to make the purchase but I'm glad I didn't.

I'm hoping this will simmer down here real soon! I've got a buddy wanting one of my extras and we are holding off so he won't have to wait for a call back stating he is good to go.:rolleyes:

I did a transfer today through my FFL guy in Keizer and he had already put the rifle in the Safe because there was a 2000 and some backlog.

He submitted my paperwork and within one minute had the all clear.

He told me I needed to go out and buy a lottery ticket tonight.

I was told by a guy shop in Albany that the wait time on background checks are running between 6 to 8 hours because of panic buying. Can anyone confirm this.
There is something to that. But not for all.

On Friday of last week (13th), around 2030, in Cabelas, I was waiting at the main gun counter to get called to hear what kind of wait I would have for approval. (This was after a 3 hour wait for one of two employees - due to so many new buyers browsing and "testing" at the counter - at the back just to fill out the "form" and "pickup" the Glock 22 that I had ordered online.) Whilst waiting, he would call out a first name and tell them their number on the OSP list.

First guy I heard him tell that he was 136 on the list and come back tomorrow. Second guy (roughly 3 minutes) later was something like 168.

Fortunately I was called next and was told instant approval and I was out the door with "my" new hardware less than 10 minutes after I paid the $10 fee. I say "my" because I had to go back and do it again Saturday morning because they gave me the wrong Glock. I was instant approved again, and I "sold" the wrong one to them and re-purchased the right one, so it wasn't so terrible.

Yes I submitted with my SSN, and that may have helped as i but surely my military records didn't hurt either.

Yep it looks like this crap again up here in WA also. I did all my buying a few months ago. At least enough ammo for a couple of extended firefights, a couple of new guns too. Now I have enough for each window.

I bought a gun from an NWFA member on March 2nd (GREAT piece, btw. Extremely happy w it)... I'm pretty sure that was before all the panic-talk started. There was 50+ in the OSP "line" and that was on a regular old Monday evening. We commented on it during the wait but none of us could cone up with a reason for the virtual crowd scene.

Maybe those people knew something and where panic early-adopters.

A friend of mine had a table at the Albany show. He said he noticed an unusually long wait at that time.
My BCM came in the mail Wednesday but I wasn't able to go to my FFL to do the paperwork until last night because of my work schedule. Anyway, straight to the back of the Q...2778 as of 7:34pm last night. So I probably won't get to pick it up till Tuesday or wednesday. I was pretty salty...I work in LE, CCW holder, ect. Still pushed to the back. But I have witnessed others get instantly approved. No idea how OSP is handling them, but some people are getting very lucky. I unfortunately wasn't one of them, haha.

With the upcoming statewide, stay-at-home order, does anyone know if pawn shops and gun stores will be deemed essential businesses? Would suck to have to wait a couple of days for a BGC, only now for the FFL to have to shut its doors!!!

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top