JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the upcoming statewide, stay-at-home order, does anyone know if pawn shops and gun stores will be deemed essential businesses? Would suck to have to wait a couple of days for a BGC, only now for the FFL to have to shut its doors!!!

Was wondering the same thing as I have one (1) more to pick up due in today.

What is the law with re: to them holding my property?

This was yesterday in the afternoon Salem Sportsman's Warehouse.

91042595_10218600818266572_4208595022641102848_n.jpg

Went to Bimart inForestGrove to snatch a couple of propane tanks last minute. Figured I'd check the gun section. To my surprise they had bricks of 22lr. About 50-60 of them. Naturally I grabbed a brick. They had some misc Ammo's begins the counter. I didn't look too hard to see what. Saw that 17hmr looked abundant. Looked like a lot of hunting calibers left. The gun rack had mostly hunting rifles, I didn't look too hard at what was up there. The pistol case was empty minus some single action revolvers it looked like. A guy was hovering there so I didn't try and get a better look at any of it.

Went to Bimart inForestGrove to snatch a couple of propane tanks last minute. Figured I'd check the gun section. To my surprise they had bricks of 22lr. About 50-60 of them. Naturally I grabbed a brick. They had some misc Ammo's begins the counter. I didn't look too hard to see what. Saw that 17hmr looked abundant. Looked like a lot of hunting calibers left. The gun rack had mostly hunting rifles, I didn't look too hard at what was up there. The pistol case was empty minus some single action revolvers it looked like. A guy was hovering there so I didn't try and get a better look at any of it.
Sounds like the Bi-Mart in Hillsboro, was like that at the end of last week. Personally snagged the last 1k Winchester Small Pistol Primers...

pretty sad out there to be honest...

With the upcoming statewide, stay-at-home order, does anyone know if pawn shops and gun stores will be deemed essential businesses? Would suck to have to wait a couple of days for a BGC, only now for the FFL to have to shut its doors!!!

Doesn't look like they're on the list. Hope not as I hope to pick up my Scorpion today (or at least do the paperwork if there's still a back up).

Illinois Governor declared gun stores "essential". Oregon, not so much. They better start carrying more food and put the camping/ dried foods, jerky, etc up front and central to stay open as a cooking & food store as well.

This is from a friend who is an OSP EMT and volunteers to work the BGC lines for overtime. March 20:

"Well, we got the background checks down to 1,410 and then it started rising. I left 11.5 hours later and it was at 2,375.
Stay safe, stay home....I bet we break 3,000 Saturday.
I need a good lockdown."

Mine wasn't doing that at all. Instant approval still has a 10 day wait max in WA.

That's a minimum 10 business days wait and only on semi auto rifles. Unfortunately.

Depending on your local PD/ sheriff office then it may be longer.

Then who knows what happens after this evening or next few days with Inslee making a new announcement this evening. Probably an even stricter movement order and business ordered closed. Then we'll see how that pans out with gun stores being "essential".

That's a minimum 10 business days wait and only on semi auto rifles. Unfortunately.

Depending on your local PD/ sheriff office then it may be longer.

Then who knows what happens after this evening or next few days with Inslee making a new announcement this evening. Probably an even stricter movement order and business ordered closed. Then we'll see how that pans out with gun stores being "essential".

They told me it was for handguns too.

They told me it was for handguns too.

Handguns still through local PD/ sheriff I think. And can be as soon as they perform the check and give the all clear. Could still be longer though. Couple days after Christmas I bought a new glock and they quoted me expect 21 days but it cleared sooner. I don't remember exactly how many days it was though. I was out of state when they called

I think it was about a week and a half though

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top